Official Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Discussion Thread

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You laugh but a top team has never ever shifted a back line player because of the opposition pre game . You are kidding yourself.
No that’s not true at all. Many times I’ve seen team changes right up to game day. Many coaches over the years have changed their line up leading up to the start of a game due to then knowing who they’re playing, yes there might be occasions where changes are made due to injury but they also make changes as to whom the opposition have named after teams have been announced. It’s part of the coaching role that was more prevalent years ago than we see today. Has happened numerous times over the years.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rant coming.
Kotoa's game last week as absolute shit.
His passing left to right is terrible.
He often passes behind players. Doesn't have the ability to pass in front of our guys so that they can run onto the ball. Rather they have to check their run to catch his shit pass and are easy pickings for the defence.

Numerous times last week when we were on the attack he constantly went the blind side of the ruck where Cogger was.
There wasn't much room and Cogger had to wait on one of his wobbly floating passes.
The open side where Foran was we had the back line set deep waiting for the ball.

Fuck me, the ruck has killed us again this season.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rant coming.
Kotoa's game last week as absolute shit.
His passing left to right is terrible.
He often passes behind players. Doesn't have the ability to pass in front of our guys so that they can run onto the ball. Rather they have to check their run to catch his shit pass and are easy pickings for the defence.

Numerous times last week when we were on the attack he constantly went the blind side of the ruck where Cogger was.
There wasn't much room and Cogger had to wait on one of his wobbly floating passes.
The open side where Foran was we had the back line set deep waiting for the ball.

Fuck me, the ruck has killed us again this season.
I agree. I think that’s why he was dropped to the bench.

We desperately need a new hooker for next year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were' getting better, we are down to field goals so practice field goals.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard Georgalis press conference. Most interesting part was when he said Jackson had been asking to play lock for a while. I would assume even Jacko understands his days as an edge back rower are over .

Nothing else of interest really. Just said they are motivated to avoid the spoon

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just heard Georgalis press conference. Most interesting part was when he said Jackson had been asking to play lock for a while. I would assume even Jacko understands his days as an edge back rower are over .

Nothing else of interest really. Just said they are motivated to avoid the spoon
The Lewis part was concerning... He said jack played well last week and deserves his spot. But also said that the birth of Lachlan's child impacted the decision also ... I reckon SG would have picked the pretender if available

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

That’s good self awareness by Jacko. I think Elliot moves to the edge under Barrett anyway.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah interesting.
However not that confident that Jackson will go that great at lock anyway.

We certainly need our forwards to step up and make some hard yards this game.
Their last 20 minutes against the Tigers was absolute shit, pack of cream puffs.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would there be a chance that DWZ and To’omaga come in ? Or would that be too much to ask h

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over the years I have suggested that Hoppa has great skills and could play 5/8 since he isn't fast enough for fullback , I know he is lacking in the kicking department (can Learn) but at the moment so does Foran, I am sure if we get a sharp speedy & experienced 1/2 to compliment him ( Maloney ) it could work...Food for thought !!!
I agree - Hopoate has all bar the kicking game to be a good half

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm hoping Averillo starts at center so To'omaga joins the bench. Not fussed which center is dropped. Looking forward to seeing how Cogger goes after a solid effort last week.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The problem is if Jacko play lock where does Eliot play?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem is if Jacko play lock where does Eliot play?
Second row. imo Elliott should be lock because he can ball play and Jackson on the edge, either position Elliott offers more than Jackson tho (ball playing, pace). I guess it depends on how and where we're going to attack from in 2021. I prefer a ball playing lock myself.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a thought looking at the sponsors list: Shouldn't the Englishman be the one with the dental sponsor? :-)
I think Napa and Thommo should both be sponsored by Bankstown Just Cuts. They both have really dumb looking cuts, especially Napa

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Lewis part was concerning... He said jack played well last week and deserves his spot. But also said that the birth of Lachlan's child impacted the decision also ... I reckon SG would have picked the pretender if available
Agree. He sounded so deferential towards Lachy like he was trying to find excuses to explain why our best player wasn't in the team. Schiiisk! It's a worry.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Second row. imo Elliott should be lock because he can ball play and Jackson on the edge, either position Elliott offers more than Jackson tho (ball playing, pace). I guess it depends on how and where we're going to attack from in 2021. I prefer a ball playing lock myself.

that is a shit back row

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Lewis comments by sg seemed odd. It's as if he requires a commentary on why he is left out. Similar gut feel to pre season when Lewis was commenting on who would partner him in the halves. Hasn't earnt or deserved that pedestal.