Official Round 15 Bulldogs V Eels - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They could of grown some balls to save face.

They just put their heads down and kicked stones.
There were way too many missing in action in the second half...
Were was Wally I mean JMK :frowning:

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a trait of the Bulldogs for a few years now. Remember that SF V Roosters a few years back?
I've been trying to forget... is that the one where Kade Evans was held up, we were told to release him and when we did he put the ball down over the line and was awarded a try?

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, the better teams use poor calls or bad luck to fire themselves up and show no matter how much goes against they're still in the game. The poor teams use it as an excuse for 30 unanswered points.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Part of growth... Burton is special though, he grows to the challenge.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses was pretty much ineffective in the first half and didn't start dominating until we were starved of possession, both Jake and Wakeham had outplayed him until that point.
And then when it mattered, tumbleweeds... Neither Wakeham or Avo are game managing game winning halves. Averillo needs to be tried at 1 now or the oppitunity might just disappear. Who cares if they are the best option now if it effects are forward progress in 22.

Sam walker has showed that game winners want the ball when it matters. The age argument is bullshit. If these two are to stay and make an impact, Wakeham needs to play 9 and Averillo 1. Neither is a first grade half.
End of.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disgusting reffing. ABsolutely disgusting, not that i reckon we would've won given how we actually played in the second half but the impact of the refs was so obvious

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And then when it mattered, tumbleweeds... Neither Wakeham or Avo are game managing game winning halves. Averillo needs to be tried at 1 now or the oppitunity might just disappear. Who cares if they are the best option now if it effects are forward progress in 22.

Sam walker has showed that game winners want the ball when it matters. The age argument is bullshit. If these two are to stay and make an impact, Wakeham needs to play 9 and Averillo 1. Neither is a first grade half.
End of.
Don't compare them to Walker, that roosters side even depleted is miles ahead of us with established combinations. And I've said multiple times I want us to sign SJ and wanted Reynolds before that. Jake will play out the season @ halfback because every other option is totally useless in that role.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What was the point in sacking Pay? We've returned back to his style of footy. Complete high, don't take risks, no offloads, just hit up for 4 tackles and get to a kick. Don't try any attacking plays until 4th or 5th.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't compare them to Walker, that roosters side even depleted is miles ahead of us with established combinations. And I've said multiple times I want us to sign SJ and wanted Reynolds before that. Jake will play out the season @ halfback because every other option is totally useless in that role.
Rubbish mate, Averillo is a drifter and doesn’t want the ball when the games on the line. Wakeham does but he is just not talented enough at half. At best Avo is a 1 and Wakeham either becomes a 9 or fades away.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra are a class above, once they decided to put the foot down we did not stand a chance. Barrett is kidding himself with this dour brand of footy we are playing.
Excuse me dude, you are in the wrong forum the fvckwit parramatta ***** colours are blue and yellow not blue and white.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rubbish mate, Averillo is a drifter and doesn’t want the ball when the games on the line. Wakeham does but he is just not talented enough at half. At best Avo is a 1 and Wakeham either becomes a 9 or fades away.
Bro, your just arguing for the sake of arguing. I've already said I wouldn't play Jake in the halves next season with us signing SJ, but that doesn't mean he's done in that position because he can't do this or that when he's 20 in a shit house team.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But apparently he outplayed Moses til half time

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow. I was out and saw the score at halftime and thought we must be having a good game. Phone ran out of battery so saw the score next after it was over. That second half must have been a shocker. If I watch it, might only watch the first half

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, your just arguing for the sake of arguing. I've already said I wouldn't play Jake in the halves next season with us signing SJ, but that doesn't mean he's done in that position because he can't do this or that when he's 20 in a shit house team.
Why, because I don’t agree with you? I don’t agree with signing SJ either. It’s just more bandaiding from Barrett because he didn’t have the courage to stick with his recruitment of Flanagan.

Plenty on here including you I am pretty sure have called for Avo at 1. Yet Barrett has shown no interest at all in playing him there. So, if SJ is coming (which you support) and Burton is 6, where does you boy play next year??

I don’t give a flying fuck why anyone says Barrett is out of his depth and fucking with the careers of players like Averillo.

He should be playing 1 now regardless of wether SJ or Flanagan is playing 7 next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why, because I don’t agree with you? I don’t agree with signing SJ either. It’s just more bandaiding from Barrett because he didn’t have the courage to stick with his recruitment of Flanagan.

Plenty on here including you I am pretty sure have called for Avo at 1. Yet Barrett has shown no interest at all in playing him there. So, if SJ is coming (which you support) and Burton is 6, where does you boy play next year??

I don’t give a flying fuck why anyone says Barrett is out of his depth and fucking with the careers of players like Averillo.

He should be playing 1 now regardless of wether SJ or Flanagan is playing 7 next year.
Courage to stick with Flanagan? Lol what, it's fucking stupidity to stick with Flanagan, he's trash and the sooner he's gone the better. Jake plays fullback, centre or off the bench....but that's next year's problem and we have a season to finish now.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to admire the Dogs of War
Their toughness, their fight, I was in awe!
But now they are far from these heady days
They are no longer feared, they have lost their fearsome ways.
So another season is dead and dusted far from its end,
But I’m forever hopeful the Dogs of War will be again!
Sure you’re not Mr 5%?