Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Mahoney out for over half the game we fought hard which is commendable but we had so many chances to ice that one and really should have, but instead we let a team we were worse than us on the day sneak past with the much needed two points.

Very disappointed in Burton as he failed when he was most needed tbh

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Based on all the reports and hype, I think most people are willing to give him a chance buts let’s hope he gives us something soon.

Players can still play well individually in a poor team - he’s not one of them.

Even Rajab looked more direct with nicer touches than KO in his limited minutes.

I hope we never see Flanno or Reyonds in first grade again.
How much hype can you believe around an 18 year old?

Plus I already feel sorry for Rajab, if he doesn't score 5 and set up 10, geniuses on here will call for his head too.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said from the start, he should of been eased into FG next year at a minimum
Fair comment at least we can agree there. I'm just disappointed with his involvement up to this point. I just hope Gould can somehow find a decent 7 for next year because we are still screwed without one.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Believe it or not, in the words of Ripley, Flannagan has been playing very well as hooker in the NSW cup. In fact he been playing more like a half back, while playing hooker

Especially with Marhoney out next week against Parramatta

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Very very true. Love the analogy. However haven't even seen a glimpse of individual brilliance? Seen that swerving run thing he does that was carving up the kids but not cutting it with men/older kids lol.
Burtons running game is lethal....when he actually runs. That's what burns me the most.

Burton has the potential to be a Munster, walker or Luai, but until you give him what they have next to them you will never get it from him.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How much hype can you believe around an 18 year old?

Plus I already feel sorry for Rajab, if he doesn't score 5 and set up 10, geniuses on here will call for his head too.
My friend. Like all our young and upcoming players, I won't criticise him because he has just started out. You will never see me criticise our young players.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Burtons running game is lethal....when he actually runs. That's what burns me the most.

Burton has the potential to be a Munster, walker or Luai, but until you give him what they have next to them you will never get it from him.
I can't shake this feeling that he's a centre and that's it. Centre with a kick but a centre none the less.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
KO needs to go back to NSW cup. Not up to it at the moment and I really think he is too slow to be a half. Even his delivery looks sluggish and his kicking game was rubbish.
But who comes in?
Not Flanagan nor Reynolds.
Rajab was given a sniff today but who’s to say he’s going to make a big difference?
Have to persist with Karl and let his game develop.
We have a drastic lack of playmakers.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair comment at least we can agree there. I'm just disappointed with his involvement up to this point. I just hope Gould can somehow find a decent 7 for next year because we are still screwed without one.
A few of us have seen every game he has played for us in reserves and FG (bar one non-televised game), we are convinced that CC has told him to play 2nd fiddle to Burton.

I hope that's the case and not him just being a good career reserve grader.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't shake this feeling that he's a centre and that's it. Centre with a kick but a centre none the less.
Apparently that's an insult on here...

Calling a Dally M centre of the year and a rep level centre a "centre" on here equals to an insult.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The team has laid a foundation to win games. Waddell's poor discipline and defensive reads is a consistent weakness. The same applies to Burton's running deep into the line to create options - he is not passing when he does. KO is a passenger in attack as he develops. Edwards needs more experience for better defensive reads. Mahoney and Burton just lose concentration and routinely throw shit passes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But who comes in?
Not Flanagan nor Reynolds.
Rajah was given a sniff today but who’s to say he’s going to make a big difference?
Have to persist with Karl and let his game develop.
We have a drastic lack of playmakers.
Or bring in poor Rajab at HB and move Burton back to 5/8th.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The team has laid a foundation to win games. Waddell's poor discipline and defensive reads is a consistent weakness. The same applies to Burton's running deep into the line to create options - he is not passing when he does. KO is a passenger in attack as he develops. Edwards needs more experience for better defensive reads. Mahoney and Burton just lose concentration and routinely throw shit passes.
Mahoney is a very good hooker who overplays his hand to make up for the lack of a spine.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Apparently that's an insult on here...

Calling a Dally M centre of the year and a rep level centre a "centre" on here equals to an insult.
Lol have seen some heat in that direction and what worries me is the club seems determined to keep him in the halves rain, hail or shine. I base that on the positions we have and signing with regards to centre. I've resisted saying he's a centre but every game bar the odd one his strengths align for that position.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
13 is just another middle forward for us.
Great! Then picking him at 10 shouldn't matter too much for you...
..and, it allows Edwards to start at 13 and add his ball playing to the mix for a full 80 mins.
Wasting him at "13" is not good for team balance...and it showed today, despite him playing well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol have seen some heat in that direction and what worries me is the club seems determined to keep him in the halves rain, hail or shine. I base that on the positions we have and signing with regards to centre. I've resisted saying he's a centre but every game bar the odd one his strengths align for that position.
I know someone is sick of hearing the truth but why chase Hunt from last year if his position is HB?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney is a very good hooker who overplays his hand to make up for the lack of a spine.
Just watched the presser. You probably won't like it but looks like the Flange will be back as 9 to replace him next week according to Ciraldo :tearsofjoy: