Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We got some shit calls as usual but it isn't the reason we lost, plus very unpopular opinion but that Perham pass at the end was clearly forward imo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got some shit calls as usual but it isn't the reason we lost, plus very unpopular opinion but that Perham pass at the end was clearly forward imo
I think what’s ticking people of is comments like “We got some shit calls” seems to be the general consensus after every game ..

How often do we see comments like, damn “They got some shit calls” ..

What gets forgotten is the calls we should get that we don’t … if one sides getting picked up for every little infringement and the other sides getting away with infringements .. guess where the momentum continues to shift ..

One thing that really pissed me off in that game was the penalty that Okunbor received when we were right on their line attacking …. the ref said he wasn’t even attempting to get up before he played the ball … go and watch it again, he was attempting to get up and trying to get a fast play the ball, but the opposition were all over him trying to prevent it .. they should have been penalised for crowding and not letting him up .. that was a huge call and an opportunity for us to put on points that was lost ..

The foul play on Wilson would have been 10 in the bin 3 rounds ago, now for some reason its not .. the knee to Mahoney’s head should have been a penalty and seen us attacking their line .. they got away with knock on’s and forward passes …

We got away with absolutely nothing ..

It’s the calls we’re not getting that we should be getting that are killing us the most ..

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Klein saw it and did nothing. What's new?
Watched the video replay you posted.

All the Rorters player did was deliberately push Fox over when Fox was not in possession of the ball.

Do you have a problem with that?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watched the video replay you posted.

All the Rorters player did was deliberately push Fox over when Fox was not in possession of the ball.

Do you have a problem with that?
I never posted the video, my friend. But to answer your question, It should have been a penalty as it's illegal to tackle a player without the ball.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I never posted the video, my friend. But to answer your question, It should have been a penalty as it's illegal to tackle a player without the ball.
Yeah, I saw afterwards wendog33 posted the video.

Yes, I was being tongue in cheek. A deliberate and obvious foul / illegal play. What’s worse is it was right under the referee’s nose and he did nothing. As you said in your previous post, what’s new.

It’s very average and should have been an obvious penalty, but the foul was on a Dogs player, so of course no penalty was forthcoming.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think what’s ticking people of is comments like “We got some shit calls” seems to be the general consensus after every game ..

How often do we see comments like, damn “They got some shit calls” ..

What gets forgotten is the calls we should get that we don’t … if one sides getting picked up for every little infringement and the other sides getting away with infringements .. guess where the momentum continues to shift ..

One thing that really pissed me off in that game was the penalty that Okunbor received when we were right on their line attacking …. the ref said he wasn’t even attempting to get up before he played the ball … go and watch it again, he was attempting to get up and trying to get a fast play the ball, but the opposition were all over him trying to prevent it .. they should have been penalised for crowding and not letting him up .. that was a huge call and an opportunity for us to put on points that was lost ..

The foul play on Wilson would have been 10 in the bin 3 rounds ago, now for some reason its not .. the knee to Mahoney’s head should have been a penalty and seen us attacking their line .. they got away with knock on’s and forward passes …

We got away with absolutely nothing ..

It’s the calls we’re not getting that we should be getting that are killing us the most ..
That's the thing isn't it, when scrapping for every play the calls that don't go your way seem amplified when in reality it happens every week, we are just unfortunate to seemingly cop the brunt of it.

Look at every game of every round, there are at least three calls that are completely baffling, we aren't the only side that are targeted

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am sorry if it has already been mentioned but did not want to read through 100 pages of sack Ciraldo and Burton isn't a half's asshole. But at the game I didn't see what happened, but why was KO replaced? was it injury HIA or was he hooked by CC? he didn't play that long at lock surely .
He went to lock when Rajab came on, was subbed for I think Morrin late in the game and then back on because Edwards went off with a HIA and he moved to hooker.

I don't understand what Ciraldo is trying to do? Was Rajab always going to come on and replace Karl in the halves? Why didn't Rajab or Karl move to hooker earlier when Mahoney went down instead of Edwards. Our middles have been a major weakness all season yet we've been subbing halves in practically half our matches, I don't get it.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klein saw it and did nothing. What's new?
Do you think that Klein took it that JAC was trying to milk as he runs straight ahead to the Roosters player while all the other Bulldogs were running to the ball near the sideline?
Just saying.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs hit by Carr
This won’t make Bulldogs fans happy. Following a review of the initial NRL review, the club was told by head office that the referee got it wrong by not awarding a penalty with 1 minute 24 seconds to go in Sunday’s 25-24 loss to the Roosters when Josh Addo-Carr was taken out chasing a kick.

The penalty would have been nearly in front and 40 metres out. The Bulldogs lost by a point, and while Matt Burton still had to land the goal, it was frustrating for them, to say the least.

Addo-Carr is a victim of his reputation as someone who always appeals for penalties. The referees are aware of his reputation.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs hit by Carr
This won’t make Bulldogs fans happy. Following a review of the initial NRL review, the club was told by head office that the referee got it wrong by not awarding a penalty with 1 minute 24 seconds to go in Sunday’s 25-24 loss to the Roosters when Josh Addo-Carr was taken out chasing a kick.

The penalty would have been nearly in front and 40 metres out. The Bulldogs lost by a point, and while Matt Burton still had to land the goal, it was frustrating for them, to say the least.

Addo-Carr is a victim of his reputation as someone who always appeals for penalties. The referees are aware of his reputation.
Typical NRLOL standards. Screw us over and admit they got wrong, and yet they still continue to do it every week. Wonder what the rorted ***** will dish up tommorow? These ***** had a factor in our losses this year and it's just beyond a joke that the club don't publicly call them out. But remember, "don't blame the refs". Well not holding them to account is a part of the loser mentality that needs to leave asap. The refs need to start being held accountable for their calls.

Last edited: