Official Round 14 - Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will forever never let it down that i was the only one who did not want dean gay from the start. Yes it’s humble of me but I’m sick of boasting about it
You deserve to boast about it. Not a shame.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, all I'm reading on this thread is a bunch of sore arse losers........Dean Pay was a great player for our club for a long time and had his contract extended not so long ago to the end of 2020.......We were in a similar situation to last year and turned things around after the June 30 dead line.......I appreciate the effort the players have put in but it is hard when you're facing opposition teams that are basically rep sides who are getting extra $$$$$$$ by way of third party agreements.......how do you compete with that?........Newcastle Knights were in a similar position to us last year and they are a lot better than they were last year. I'm expecting us to string a few wins together in the next few weeks.....I hope Dean Pay gets Lachlan Lewis back in the side and I would be fast tracking Ogden in the starting line up.......I know Lichaa isn't the most liked player but he did show at the back end of last year he can play and even if they interchanged him with JMK as JMK I thought was one of our best today, that was until that disgraceful video referee decision was made, I turned off after that as did the team and I don't blame them.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember when he said in his first presser

‘We won’t be copying any other teams style next year that’s for sure’

‘We will be aggressive in attack and defence ‘

‘Bring back the madness’

Madness is right

Every fkn fan is mad

Except the ‘Go Dogs’ dude
Go Dogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez, all I'm reading on this thread is a bunch of sore arse losers........Dean Pay was a great player for our club for a long time and had his contract extended not so long ago to the end of 2020.......We were in a similar situation to last year and turned things around after the June 30 dead line.......I appreciate the effort the players have put in but it is hard when you're facing opposition teams that are basically rep sides who are getting extra $$$$$$$ by way of third party agreements.......how do you compete with that?........Newcastle Knights were in a similar position to us last year and they are a lot better than they were last year. I'm expecting us to string a few wins together in the next few weeks.....I hope Dean Pay gets Lachlan Lewis back in the side and I would be fast tracking Ogden in the starting line up.......I know Lichaa isn't the most liked player but he did show at the back end of last year he can play and even if they interchanged him with JMK as JMK I thought was one of our best today, that was until that disgraceful video referee decision was made, I turned off after that as did the team and I don't blame them.
Mate you need to run outside and give yourself an uppercut

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should quit for his own good because he’s getting the bullet sooner or later. If he quits now at least he might be able to hide behind the shit roster excuse to some extent and be able to resurrect his career again at some point down the track. The longer he coaches the more he’s getting exposed and no team is ever going to even think about offering him another gig.
Not if someone comes in and wins 5 straight... lol

***** should just to a SBW and go overseas.. Probably swap wth Tim Sheens.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not if someone comes in and wins 5 straight... lol

***** should just to a SBW and go overseas.. Probably swap wth Tim Sheens.
Haha no ones getting 5 straight out of this team now. The rot has set in.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha no ones getting 5 straight out of this team now. The rot has set in.
These kids just need a real leader/coach and they pull some wins together if the NRL lets them. We are not the strongest side in the comp but we got talent in this team and some dent first graders.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
These kids just need a real leader/coach and they pull some wins together if the NRL lets them. We are not the strongest side in the comp but we got talent in this team and some dent first graders.
The stuffing has been knocked out of players. They have lost all confidence in themselves and each other if Pay was sacked tonight the rest of the season will still be very tough going.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well i listened to this interview and the first thing that i thought off was the players. If you were a player and heard your coach talk like that you would have no confidence. This is what he us telling us imagine what the players are getting. 'You have no hope because your young and learning when we get enough fg games in you we will do better ' true that Pays days appear to be numbered. I just hope the management and its 18 month rebuild dont expect us to cop this for 18 months. Sure we will accept the team to lose but have a bloody go.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The stuffing has been knocked out of players. They have lost all confidence in themselves and each other if Pay was sacked tonight the rest of the season will still be very tough going.
Worse than now??

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought that a few weeks ago too but I can’t see us winning another game this year.
Part of me thinks we'll fluke a win against the eels or tigers, but after suffering through some of the worst football I've ever seen a side dish up in a season, it's a long shot

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Part of me thinks we'll fluke a win against the eels or tigers, but after suffering through some of the worst football I've ever seen a side dish up in a season, it's a long shot
Our only chance is for a team to dish up a absolute shocker. The problem is we only have 2 tries in us and it’s just not enough to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.