Official Round 14 - Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So name the year and team that was worse than this side??
Speaking of NFI! Lol
In the '70's we were a competitive but average side, when most of our big name players left for Newtown at the end of the '78 season, Bill Noonan being the first signing made by Peter Moore to the club in the early 70s only to leave for Newton in 79.......most thought our club was losing its core strength and would struggle for years to come....well the very next year, '79 season, coach Ted Glossop brought in a lot of fresh young talent eager for an opportunity and we made it to the GF only to be beaten by Saints and then come back in 1980 to win the GF for the first time in 38 years!......Go forward a number of years and we had the disaster of Stardome at Liverpool plus the Coffs Harbour drama, Sonny Bill going AWOL and loss of points for Salary Cap breaches.......We've come through all of that and while this is a very tough time for Bulldogs fans we'll come out the other side with or without D Pay we're to good a Club not to. Another change of coach will only bring further instability to the club and the players.......that will only prolong the pain we're currently in.......Keep the Faith!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out how your making excuses for a coach that doesn’t know how to choose the best available team to him week in week out
OK so I'll ask you this question........With the roster we have WHO would you pick to play in first grade, All being fit and ready to play?........we simply don't have the talent or size to compete with other sides at this time, how is that Pays fault? he's blooding a lot of talent to get us overall first grade talent, yes it's tough but we just need to be patient......we will turn things around like we did at the end of last season.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not choosing Ogden and toomaga, dropping chn and keeping elliot who is the worst player I've seen is all I need to say

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK so I'll ask you this question........With the roster we have WHO would you pick to play in first grade, All being fit and ready to play?........we simply don't have the talent or size to compete with other sides at this time, how is that Pays fault? he's blooding a lot of talent to get us overall first grade talent, yes it's tough but we just need to be patient......we will turn things around like we did at the end of last season.
If you have watched footy for as long as you say then surely you can see the coach lacks the fundamentals to be a first grade coach. There are so many flaws in his game plan /selections/use of interchange to name

He is even clueless in the presser

He said ‘oh we are tired from playing 14 games straight ‘

Wow

It’s not his fault he can’t coach at this level it’s the previous board for hiring him and current board for extending him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I totally disagree.......I like anyone on here would love to see the Bulldogs back to their brilliant entertaining best or even the "Dogs Of War"........but please what are you talking about when you say we don't have time.......do you know something that I or others don't?....Where are we going?........the fact is it wouldn't have mattered who they signed on as coach as they wouldn't be able to bring any marquee signings to the club as we can't afford them due to the failings from the Des, Raelene and Dib era........we're still paying off the contracts of Klemmer, Graham, Woods and Mbye.........I also reiterate what I mentioned earlier to another post......We have short memories as Pay was coaching when we strung a number of wins together at the backend of last season, we were in wooden spoon territory this time last year and managed to avoid it......PAY knows the predicament the club is in and has blooded a number of young Canterbury Cup players over the last 12 months into first grade so they can gain experience at that level......No one had heard of Lachlan Lewis, in first grade, because he wasn't part of our top 30 roster prior to July last year, he came on the scene and we started winning games......he's bought in Okunbor, who's now injured but while I believe he's a future talent he'd better back in the Canterbury Cup when he does come back as he still has a lot to learn.......Meany and Cogger will only get better after their first season and now we have DWZ and CHN both from Penrith to further strengthen our squad as they gain more experience with those around them......Foran tries hard but is past his best and is costing us at least 3 decent players as I believe he's contract is in the vicinity of 1.2 Million, a signing from the previous regime......Pay has been signed on for another year but if the team doesn't start winning soon and by that I mean their next 4 games they need to win at least 3 if not all of the them to save Pay.....Ogden and CHN need to be in the starting line up and I'd love to see Toomaga given another chance in first grade soon.
Just like the board you are blaming the wrong people. Des, Dib, and Raelene are yesterdays news and using them as an excuse for Pays inability to coach is a complete cop out.

The coach has lost the playing group. He's out of his depth, struggling, and the players know he isn't the man moving forwards.

Keeping him in a position he is not only unskilled but unprepared for, not only damages his future professional career, but the future professional careers of all other players at the club.

We need a coach who has done a rebuild before and knows how to get the best out of his players. We have the talent and we have the players, but Pay isn't getting the best out of them, and the players have lost all hope in his ability as a coach.

Several players have been dropped and only informed on the day of being dropped why. He's not showing leadership and trying to be everyones mate.

The manlove he has for Elliott is mind boggling, and our captain should have been dropped weeks ago and To'omaga brought in.

Put simply, he doesn't have a clue and it's obvious by how he addresses Press Conferences.

Something has to give.... Either the board have to sack him, or Pay has to resign, and it needs to happen in the next fortnight so we can rebuild the end of THIS year, not middle of next.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when he said in his first presser

‘We won’t be copying any other teams style next year that’s for sure’

‘We will be aggressive in attack and defence ‘

‘Bring back the madness’

Madness is right

Every fkn fan is mad

Except the ‘Go Dogs’ dude
Twin Turbo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A rebuild isn't a job for a debut NRL coach, it's a job for a seasoned coach with years of experience in player management (like Des or Bennett).
And just how many "seasoned coaches" applied for the job? That would be 1 and he burnt rubber running away so fast when he saw the state of our salary cap for the next 2 years.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think its so much Pay picking the wrong players, its the playing players out of position which is the issue and playing a game plan to the strength of the team. I understand Pay is using this season to sift through the squad trying to figure out what every bodies best position is and whose worth keeping or rubbishing BUT the issue for me is 1.5 years with this squad and he still doesn't know that Reimis and Montoya are wingers? CHN and Martin are your best edge backrowers? Jacko is not 100% therefore as a coach u must tell him to step aside freeing up space to see who the best lock is going forward is..

For example the last game we played... We played a bigger bodied roosters outfit who came with a power game in mind. With Pay and staff in the know they stuck to their "guns" and played a similar style KNOWING or UNKNOWING we were not up for it. ANYBODY with half a brain would know we needed to shift the ball around and constantly have runners around the ball carrier to destabilise and weaken their defence lines. Mate im a below 0 amateur in regards to footy knowledge compared to these blokes at the helm and even I know the wrong plans are being set. If this is the clubs notion of moving forward.... its dead set crawlin.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is good mates with CA he isn’t getting sacked mid year
And? I still copped a handy from my best mates sister on the bus when I was in highschool.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch the post match conference:

Enough said. No passion, no drive, same "we are a young team" bullshit. Looks like a deer in the headlights.

This isnt about the roster or having a shit coach. Its just that they dont give a shit to begin with. Sack them all.
Spot the difference between Pays conference and Walters and Bellamys.

Pay doesn't get the shits after a poor performance only offers excuses.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot the difference between Pays conference and Walters and Bellamys.

Pay doesn't get the shits after a poor performance only offers excuses.

difference being they believe their players are winners and can play much better than the respective game just played

Status
Not open for further replies.