Official Round 14 - Dogs vs Roosters - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you can have the Broncos Seibold scenario, horrid with their playing roster. Plus where the payers you want to keep are leaving and the ones you don't want to keep have nowhere to go.

Go Dogs
Wouldn't mind being equal eighth right now

Malla

Reaction score
Just saw something on facebook on Clarkeys page or some shit

Our backline this weekend will be;
1. DWZ
2. Montoya
3. R Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney
6. Nu Brown
7. Foran

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not saying keep him till the end of season. But there is no one who is going to jump in and be able to turn this around now. Especially with what you are asking. Best to wait till the carnage of the next 5-6 rounds plays out, and then bite the bullet. There is enough time to get the pressure of the players then, and have a caretaker coach who will just let the squad loose with there play and hopefully knock some wins up against a lower tier of opposition.

Cause there is no way we are getting the coach we want mid season.
I agree that whoever we get won't be the answer but if they get Georgallis or whoever else to see out the end of the season and they're instructed to play the youngsters, then more will be gained from those games than if Pay was in charge.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just hope the Roosters lube up while they're running a train on us this Sunday :tongueclosed:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I have no confidence at all leading into this weekend and almost feel like we deserve to get hammered, fuk I hate these lean times!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I agree that whoever we get won't be the answer but if they get Georgallis or whoever else to see out the end of the season and they're instructed to play the youngsters, then more will be gained from those games than if Pay was in charge.
Do you want Georgallis or whomever they get to be in charge during the run of the teams coming up? Best to not ruin any chances they have going forward against teams of that calibre.

Not to mention, with staffing changes occurring in the football department, there are enough distractions around the team rather than blowing another thing up in the meantime.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you want Georgallis or whomever they get to be in charge during the run of the teams coming up? Best to not ruin any chances they have going forward against teams of that calibre.

Not to mention, with staffing changes occurring in the football department, there are enough distractions around the team rather than blowing another thing up in the meantime.
We're going to lose all four anyway. Might as well lose the right way than Pay's way. The sooner the change is made the better.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lou Boutros LoL, better known as BigBird
Haha bird is the word! Can’t believe he is still spreading rumours he must have a new contact because the people who used to feed went in the last election.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha bird is the word! Can’t believe he is still spreading rumours he must have a new contact because the people who used to feed went in the last election.
Lol, yeh, I probably know you and we don't even realise it, this place is so funny.

DM me bro

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't see any spiralling? Shit mate I don't know what you are watching but we definitely are not looking at the same picture here.
I know in time that things will change and results will come our way, it's a vicious cycle I know but by simply not acting now on what is most important other than the salary cap where we are seeing changes, not removing Pay immediately is ludicrous.
Our brand is being damaged here and to sit there and accept what is going on without taking any actions is only decreasing the value of the product the board is trying to sell. End result, membership numbers and attendances drop. Something no club in the NRL can afford. As the old saying goes, "it's a results driven business". We are not getting results. Heads must roll now!
Even the best sporting clubs in the world act swiftly when results aren't coming as expected. Take Manchester United in the EPL what they did to one of the most successful managers Jose Mourinho. BTW, he was contracted til end of 2020.
After starting the 2018–19 season with just seven wins in the first 17 Premier League games, leaving Manchester United 19 points behind the league leaders, Mourinho was sacked by the club on 18 December 2018.
And we can't sack Pay, why again?
Just one of many reasons, it's easy to forget, but when Hasler got the flick we opened up the coaching positions for all applicants and canvassed plenty on leaving their current clubs, how did that go again? Didn't one prospect take one look at the salary cap situation and leave, walked out rather fast. So if things are spiralling downwards since then as you claim, then exactly who in their right mind would want to face that music for all of next year. Let Pay take the pain this year and next and then step in when it's worthwhile for 2021.

Go Dogs

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My dad, a mad Rooters supporter since the Jack Gibson days, has been recalled to Sydney from the bush in the last few days as his cancer has made a comeback. I'm going down to Sydney this week to offer support for him, and noted that by pure coincidence the dogs and rooters are playing on Sunday arvo.

The plan now is to sneak him out of the ward at St Vincents, to the game and back again before anybody notices he's missing - at least the SCG is closeby...

The flogging will be worth cheering him up :grinning:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just one of many reasons, it's easy to forget, but when Hasler got the flick we opened up the coaching positions for all applicants and canvassed plenty on leaving their current clubs, how did that go again? Didn't one prospect take one look at the salary cap situation and leave, walked out rather fast. So if things are spiralling downwards since then as you claim, then exactly who in their right mind would want to face that music for all of next year. Let Pay take the pain this year and next and then step in when it's worthwhile for 2021.

Go Dogs
Wouldn't it be better for the new coach to start next year? So he can implement his new systems and structures. He can see who out of this playing group he wants and he can be apart of the planning, in regards to recruitment.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
C'mon let's be fairdinkum, back when Pay came in the cap situation looked un-repairable. Today it's looking a little better and we can see relief coming as per the recent signings. For the sake of the argument, give McGuire the books now after relieving millions of dollars from the cap and I'm sure his approach would be much different today.

All I'm hoping for is Pay to go, the lack of results warrant that, the cap situation is what it is but things will turn around for us.

We are just flogging a dead horse with Pay.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad, a mad Rooters supporter since the Jack Gibson days, has been recalled to Sydney from the bush in the last few days as his cancer has made a comeback. I'm going down to Sydney this week to offer support for him, and noted that by pure coincidence the dogs and rooters are playing on Sunday arvo.

The plan now is to sneak him out of the ward at St Vincents, to the game and back again before anybody notices he's missing - at least the SCG is closeby...

The flogging will be worth cheering him up :grinning:
Hope the plan works. Hope things work out ok with your old man.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Defense is attitude and the St George game showed that the attitude in the playing group is extremely poor..

I think for the most of the year the players have really tried and were just not capable enough.. but now they are losing or have lost hope...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hands up, I'm confused, help me out here. Some people want Pay sacked immediately, but can't name a truly viable replacement, my guess is no one decent would want it and/or is available. Internal replacement from the current coaching staff, seriously would you want the current attacking coach or the defensive coach in charge of every aspect of the team, hands down, not me. So people demanding immediate sacking are not being realistic IMHO.

Which leaves the people that are demanding that he be sacked at the end of this season, well unfortunately it isn't the end of year yet, not that I noticed anyway. My view is pretty simple, there is no option but to tough it out for the rest of this season, then make a call. Which doesn't mean not exploring opportunities for other coaches, in the strictest confidence of course. Let it out and the pesky media will fark it up for us.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Defense is attitude and the St George game showed that the attitude in the playing group is extremely poor..
I think for the most of the year the players have really tried and were just not capable enough.. but now they are losing or have lost hope...
Not how I see it, what I saw were players making flat out stupid decisions in defence. For example if they had "lost hope" then they wouldn't even bother rushing up out of the line.

Go Dogs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands up, I'm confused, help me out here. Some people want Pay sacked immediately, but can't name a truly viable replacement, my guess is no one decent would want it and/or is available. Internal replacement from the current coaching staff, seriously would you want the current attacking coach or the defensive coach in charge of every aspect of the team, hands down, not me. So people demanding immediate sacking are not being realistic IMHO.

Which leaves the people that are demanding that he be sacked at the end of this season, well unfortunately it isn't the end of year yet, not that I noticed anyway. My view is pretty simple, there is no option but to tough it out for the rest of this season, then make a call. Which doesn't mean not exploring opportunities for other coaches, in the strictest confidence of course. Let it out and the pesky media will fark it up for us.

Go Dogs
Anthony Griffin

Sack the whole coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.