Official Round 14 Bulldogs V Dragons - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can actually choose Topine or Deitz?

I know it’s past round 11, but we still had to get an exemption to play Schoupp last week, so it might be the case here with JMK back.
I think it may be salary cap related. If they play a certain amount of games they get payed more money.

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe Mounties should play the 1st grade Dragons side on Monday and out 1st Bulldogs side the St George Reserve Grade side, at least they won't leak 30+ points like are 1st grade side does most weeks. Seriously how has our defensive coaching staff not had the please explain, over leaking so many points in 13 rounds, even the Cowboys have improved their defense, and they were as bad as us.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Mounties should play the 1st grade Dragons side on Monday and out 1st Bulldogs side the St George Reserve Grade side, at least they won't leak 30+ points like are 1st grade side does most weeks. Seriously how has our defensive coaching staff not had the please explain, over leaking so many points in 13 rounds, even the Cowboys have improved their defense, and they were as bad as us.
Bunnings has some really good Silicone sealants that will stop the leaks.
Dogs must not know how to pipe and tool properly. Or maybe they are not adding dish washing detergent to the water when they are spraying the silicone beads before they tool.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bunnings has some really good Silicone sealants that will stop the leaks.
Dogs must not know how to pipe and tool properly. Or maybe they are not adding dish washing detergent to the water when they are spraying the silicone beads before they tool.
There's an art to it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes Furner has escaped much blame so far.

It seems every part of our game has fallen apart. There's lots of excuses but it's hard to fathom the lack of incremental improvement with scorelines, as we see all other teams improve or look like first graders able to execute basic rugby league plays :(

#timewilltell.
#bepatientabitlonger
#toughlove
#stillourteam

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't understand about Baz is that he still continues to pick players who won't be resigned next year and lets players like Topine sit in reggies.

I don't know if Baz is disilusional but this year is a complete write off, we aren't winning many games mate lol

Topine should be in the 17.
We all know that this year is a TOTAL write off, I just hope that TBaz knows it to. If he has accepted that fact, then it could be that he dosen't want to destroy the confidence of players he want's for next year, by playing them in a team that just can not win at any cost.
I know that it's all about the succeeding in the NRL comp. But it would not hurt players like Topine by playing him in our reserves for the remainder of 2021, and he would benefit greatly by winning the CC comp, the same with Atoni, (if he is going to be kept) he has said that he want's to play in a winning team, our CC team is a winning team and it can win the comp, our NRL team can only win the spoon and will very probably not win another game.
I hope that Baz is thinking that the new recruits hopefully (5-6) together with (3-4) happy Mounties premiership winning players will turn the club around in 2022.
One thing that we can all agree on, is that the club needs as many new faces as possible in the team for 2022, because our whole current team only know how to loose.

Malla

Reaction score
We all know that this year is a TOTAL write off, I just hope that TBaz knows it to. If he has accepted that fact, then it could be that he dosen't want to destroy the confidence of players he want's for next year, by playing them in a team that just can not win at any cost.
I know that it's all about the succeeding in the NRL comp. But it would not hurt players like Topine by playing him in our reserves for the remainder of 2021, and he would benefit greatly by winning the CC comp, the same with Atoni, (if he is going to be kept) he has said that he want's to play in a winning team, our CC team is a winning team and it can win the comp, our NRL team can only win the spoon and will very probably not win another game.
I hope that Baz is thinking that the new recruits hopefully (5-6) together with (3-4) happy Mounties premiership winning players will turn the club around in 2022.
One thing that we can all agree on, is that the club needs as many new faces as possible in the team for 2022, because our whole current team only know how to loose.
Yeah but it's not like our Mounties team is any good either, we've won 5 from 11 and are middle of the table. I think Topine would get more out of playing first grade tbh, as shit as we are, gives him the opportunity to even build a combination with Avo and the likes (those that will be here next year).

Anyway what would we know hey. Baz is the coach lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but it's not like our Mounties team is any good either, we've won 5 from 11 and are middle of the table. I think Topine would get more out of playing first grade tbh, as shit as we are, gives him the opportunity to even build a combination with Avo and the likes (those that will be here next year).

Anyway what would we know hey. Baz is the coach lol
Didn't the Mounties beat the comp leaders last game, with players like Topine and Atoni in the team, add on or two others maybe Flanno, and I think they could give that comp a shake,

Malla

Reaction score
Didn't the Mounties beat the comp leaders last game, with players like Topine and Atoni in the team, add on or two others maybe Flanno, and I think they could give that comp a shake,
Am not sure mate, I don't follow it that much. Every game I watch the footy is pretty average.

The fact they won with Atoni in the team tells you how shit the comp is.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno not named for Mounties. Anyone know what’s going on??
Its strange. He was dropped because he needed to work on aspects of his game.

I have to finish this post by 10pm so there isnt enough time to list all of the aspects that needed work but the main one was his last tackle options. No idea how he can work on that without playing

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am not sure mate, I don't follow it that much. Every game I watch the footy is pretty average.

The fact they won with Atoni in the team tells you how shit the comp is.
Give it a rest. Your fucking clueless.