Round 11 Post-Match Discussion Thread - Bulldogs v Raiders

What action should be taken to correct the current situation.

• Boycott a selected Game

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Sign Petition to present to Club

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • What needs fixing ?

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Let the club work it out

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Forwards + Backs switching roles?

Is it just me or....

When we are on our line the backs run the ball up like forwards doing darts from the ruck making minimal metres (where a forward should be charging up the guts getting us some metres and going for quick play the balls drawing a penalty)

and then.....

When we are in the oppositions twenty the forwards decide to have a run and just run **** angles that my 2 year old daughter could pick not challenging the defence at all (when we should be going our wide spreading it using Pritchard using Idris using Paynes offload using something that is semi creative for a backline play??????)

ohh but lets not forget the old predictable bomb to Idris play on the last that I think works once every 100 attempts??

I would love to see Hodkinson screaming at the troops ordering them around and then playing a smart kick and getting us another set of six. He is becoming very predictable and KM needs to address this quickly.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The raiders were without Orford, Campese, Dugan and Tongue.

They played brilliantly with a bunch of reserve graders but we had enough ball in the first half to be up 30 zip, even against the best defence. The raiders wanteed to win more than the dogs.

As for Ennis, I thought Reynolds filled in admirably.
Tongue was playing buddy lol

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
was a pathetic performance is to say the very least.....we had so much possession and did **** all with it....our halves provided nothing...and im still of the opinion that keating is a dud

hayneplane

New Pup
Reaction score
keating is the worst player i have seen don the mighty blue and gold jersey, and was the happiest day of my life when we got rid of him

what on earth were you guys thinking when you bought him

were you not watching last season..........................ah well, thanks for giving us roberts on a pie and coke deal

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ketaing was ALWAYS an extremely **** choice at 5/8, showed nothing at Parra scum, Moore won't drop him though because he bought him and his pride is more important then the team winning! Remember this, Club first, team second, individual last, Please stand by your word Moore and step down ASAP. You are killing the club your father built!
there is alot of good points being made tonight, but i found all of this very compelling, that's if moore is going to continue with proven failed experiments (note the plural, not a one off, many failed attempts)

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
keating is the worst player i have seen don the mighty blue and gold jersey, and was the happiest day of my life when we got rid of him

what on earth were you guys thinking when you bought him

were you not watching last season..........................ah well, thanks for giving us roberts on a pie and coke deal
i'm guessing no one can explain it for sure, because we don't understand alot of things our coach is doing, especially of late. the only thing we can guess is they saw how he went with hodkinson in city/country last year and went with it. not justifying it, just trying to make sense of their decision is all

as for roberts, he has some good points, but just like sandow, he has far too many brain explosions and he has had plenty of opportunity with us since the 2006 season and hasn't really done anything until the 2009 season

good luck with them 2 players though. who knows, you may have just happened to get the both of them at a time where they might actually start playing the way they should have been for many years now and that would be just pure luck on your part, but good luck all the same, i mean that sincerely

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
tf. This thread is making it out like the game was in the balance or some ****.

We were gone when we couldn't score a point in the first half with 70% possession.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sandow and Roberts would be the most dangerous halves combo in the NRL... Unfortunately half the time it'll be just as dangerous for the Eels as it will be for their opponents.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
tf. This thread is making it out like the game was in the balance or some ****.

We were gone when we couldn't score a point in the first half with 70% possession.
Well with 2 minutes to go youcould score 6, impossible to score 8

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I dare question the way people would look at this if it were Hodkinson who made this tackle. His head would be on a platter.

It was silly and something that comes with inexperience, but even so he had an awesome game tonight.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You seriously believed we were in with a chance?
Thats not the point though, would you prefer to be 6 down with half a chance to level the game, or 8 down with a couple of minutes to go, i think its a no brainer

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I dare question the way people would look at this if it were Hodkinson who made this tackle. His head would be on a platter.

It was silly and something that comes with inexperience, but even so he had an awesome game tonight.
i dare question the way people would look at this if it were barba who made the tackle, i would make a thread and then my head would be on a platter

hayneplane

New Pup
Reaction score
i'm guessing no one can explain it for sure, because we don't understand alot of things our coach is doing, especially of late. the only thing we can guess is they saw how he went with hodkinson in city/country last year and went with it. not justifying it, just trying to make sense of their decision is all

as for roberts, he has some good points, but just like sandow, he has far too many brain explosions and he has had plenty of opportunity with us since the 2006 season and hasn't really done anything until the 2009 season

good luck with them 2 players though. who knows, you may have just happened to get the both of them at a time where they might actually start playing the way they should have been for many years now and that would be just pure luck on your part, but good luck all the same, i mean that sincerely
thanks.

i agree that both sandow and roberts are going to be either rocks or diamonds, and i cannot say i was very excited when signing them, but at least it will be interesting

hayneplane

New Pup
Reaction score
Sandow and Roberts would be the most dangerous halves combo in the NRL... Unfortunately half the time it'll be just as dangerous for the Eels as it will be for their opponents.
lol.........................gotta agree

Status
Not open for further replies.