Official Round 11 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs got a blue print on how to beat them or atleast come close... Hopefully the home crowd advantage is the difference.
I think we have to be careful playing the Storm the exact same way as we did in Melbourne. Bellamy will be wide awake to it this time.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no you dont, but whats the point of having the half who may help score one try, may get you couple of line drop outs but let in 2 or 3 and kick straight to the backs and give away 7 tackle sets putting more pressure on his own team?

Similarly Knockonbor can make 200 meters a game too but his current error rate (not yesterdays game) makes him a third class winger.
If your reffering to cogger here? He has earnt his spot lewis needed a spell he was giving away to much ball with poor plays, probably because he has been defending too much but who knows. I'd rather see the dogs throw it round and try to win a game then try to grind out a win relying on defence.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs got a blue print on how to beat them or atleast come close... Hopefully the home crowd advantage is the difference.
home crowd is a factor agree there seems to me last few years a dogs crowd is irrelevant to refs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we have to be careful playing the Storm the exact same way as we did in Melbourne. Bellamy will be wide awake to it this time.
True, Good chance to see if Pay knows how to counter Bellamy's counter.

Also if the refs keep the speed of the ruck up we unlike in Melbourne we may get away with playing the same footy regardless if Bellamy plays an up and in d like the 2012 gf.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Storm will win on the back of the officials. They will get the penalties when they need them, and we are sure to have a player sinbinned while they camp on our tryline.

Sounds feasible.....;);)

On a positive note I am looking to this game with a bit of excitement. We need to get out there in numbers to really give it to the Melbourne muppets....I love the up close and personal at Belmore and although our record there is poor in the last few years I think we can win it.

See you are off to Japan and the Swiss Alps later in the year........must be great to be able to do that, especially when it has to do with trains which we all know are a passion for you. Good one mate....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
no you dont, but whats the point of having the half who may help score one try, may get you couple of line drop outs but let in 2 or 3 and kick straight to the backs and give away 7 tackle sets putting more pressure on his own team?

Similarly Knockonbor can make 200 meters a game too but his current error rate (not yesterdays game) makes him a third class winger.
All I know is attack has been our Achilles heel for a very long time.. defence hasn't cost us as much as attack has this year..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are not playing that well really have had one of the easiest runs and would be middle of the ladder if it wasn't for reffs saving their arses in multiple games. Must be nice to play every game knowing that the reffs have got your back
There top 4 and up there again as a genuine contender.. i think there going well even with the ref help..

Winning when your not playing well is somthing the better teams do.. we used to do it when we were strong..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I know is attack has been our Achilles heel for a very long time.. defence hasn't cost us as much as attack has this year..
So tell me cogger attacking stats:
How many try assists? How many 40/20s , forget coffees defence , tell me he has he contributed to our attack? Are we putting 20 points a game or does cogger have a hand in majority of our trys . Can’t be cos he has only one try assist in 7 games

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So tell me cogger attacking stats:
How many try assists? How many 40/20s , forget coffees defence , tell me he has he contributed to our attack? Are we putting 20 points a game or is cogger has a hand in majority of our try’s . Can’t be cos he has only one try assist in 7 games
It's not about coggers attacking stats, it's about what coggers game, allows Foran to do..

Lewis has been absolutely terrible in attack , stifling any movement we had attempted, has kicked it out on the full copious amounts of times has given away 7 tackle sets multiple times and telegraph his tacking kicks giving the chasers little chance to compete for it..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not about coggers attacking stats, it's about what coggers game, allows Foran to do..

Lewis has been absolutely terrible in attack , stifling any movement we had attempted, has kicked it out on the full copious amounts of times has given away 7 tackle sets multiple times and telegraph his tacking kicks giving the chasers little chance to compete for it..

I think those 7 tackles sets you are talking about are Coggers achievements. lol

so it is not about coggers attacking stats , it is not about coggers defensive stats.

I fully get it now.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think those 7 tackles sets you are talking about are Coggers achievements. lol

so it is not about coggers attacking stats , it is not about coggers defensive stats.

I fully get it now.
The way you talk about Lewis’ defence you’d think it was carrying us to victory in every game before he got dropped. Guess what? It wasn’t!

Lewis is a better defender while Cogger provides better organisation and attack. If we combined the two we would be laughing. So what do we do? Well we aren’t winning the comp or making the finals so what point is there in playing it safe and putting a defensive player in the halves? There’s more up side to giving Cogger game time at the minute.

His combo with Foran is improving and with more game time the defensive edge should improve aswell.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I fully get it now.
No you clearly don't get it, but I don't expect everyone to understand..

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They tried every possible way to lose on Saturday, dropping the ball, giving silly penalties away and generally playing dumb football, the only thing is, Titans were just as incompetent!
The storm will eat them alive if they repeat the same performance!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No you clearly don't get it, but I don't expect everyone to understand..

you blamed Lewis for back to back 7 tackles set but in reality it was Cogger and i dont get it?

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Did we really sign Joe Stimson from the Storm? Another second rower lol. But far fucking better than Elliot and Smith and probably Jackson.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
you blamed Lewis for back to back 7 tackles set but in reality it was Cogger and i dont get it?
He's given away 7 tackle sets so I'm not sure what you are referring to and his general kicking game is garbage, so I don't know where you are heading with this? So let me guess he did not kick the ball out on the full either?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is showing as 16 errors this season.. I can guarantee most of those are kick related..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's given away 7 tackle sets so I'm not sure what you are referring to and his general kicking game is garbage, so I don't know where you are heading with this? So let me guess he did not kick the ball out on the full either?

watch the game against Manly,

He gave away multiple 7 tackle sets, you are blaming Lewis for it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The joy of this weeks win, will soon be forgotten when Melb show us how far we are off the pace.

They'll expect an ambush unlike last time.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
watch the game against Manly,

He gave away multiple 7 tackle sets, you are blaming Lewis for it.
You are pointing out one game..... 16 errors from Lewis this year.. pretty shit.. he better be a good defender if he averages 2 errors a game.. he's got to defend his fuck ups

Status
Not open for further replies.