Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foz was everywhere first half and second half was literally coaching the left edge defence while gassed.
Needs Cogger to take pressure off.
At least we're back in spoonbowl territory now.
Cogger is gone so they won't play him.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What the fuck are you on about? If Foz and Lewis were doing their job then Wakeham never comes on, simple as that.
Really what did you want from Lewis and foz. They weren't anything special but never have been..they were steady. Why the change come who knows. It was a wrong interchange to do and wrong time. Rookie coach just making a change . Wasn't justified. My opinion, if you don't like that's bad luck move along.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone else enjoy Katoa playing as a middle forward? Looked really energetic and had some strong carriers.
He did offer quite a bit i thought. We seem to have too many similar style/body shaped players in our pack, Katoa offered a point of difference.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
The amount of times Barnett rushed the line and killed the ball runner. That was killing any forward momentum for us in the last 10-15mins. Maybe should have went the other way to nullify it but they kept on going his side.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know how to make it hard for ourselves. I’m just pumped we won. I have forgotten how that feels. Go the mighty dogs
I think the doggies themselves looked most surprised the looks on their faces at 18-0 was like they were told they won a lottery

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really what did you want from Lewis and foz. They weren't anything special but never have been..they were steady. Why the change come who knows. It was a wrong interchange to do and wrong time. Rookie coach just making a change . Wasn't justified. My opinion, if you don't like that's bad luck move along.
What did I want from them? Umm idk, maybe kick the ball into touch for once instead of lobbing the ball directly down the back 3s throat lol.

We know why the change was made and that's because Lewis was hooked. It doesn't matter what you think, a halfback coming off at that stage is either hooked or injured and he defenitely wasn't injured.

But yes for the third time I agree Wakeham should never have been sent on. It was a ridiculous change to make and potentially disastrous for the team and the two players involved.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ah, right. Bloke didn't get a fair shot IMO
He didn't, but not like many did under Pay. I don't think he will be any great loss but he definitely could've offered is a fair bit more than some other players over the last year or so.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Righto mate ..

What are you , 15 yrs old ?

If your happy with mediocrity then you keep barracking for wakeham .

I’ve watched and seen halves like mcgrady, lamb , dymock,polla mounter , sherwin , Anasta , and Thurston come through the ranks and I think I can critique some of these current players compared to what has previously come through the club ..

Do you want class players or happy with the rubbish you’re watching now ?

Foran on one leg and as broken as he’s been is our only genuine half , if we had another we’d be in a stronger position .

You can spot class right away , wakeham doesn’t have it . Period !
Your even a scout wow, go grab your handbag and find the dogs some talent then.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What did I want from them? Umm idk, maybe kick the ball into touch for once instead of lobbing the ball directly down the back 3s throat lol.

We know why the change was made and that's because Lewis was hooked. It doesn't matter what you think, a halfback coming off at that stage is either hooked or injured and he defenitely wasn't injured.

But yes for the third time I agree Wakeham should never have been sent on. It was a ridiculous change to make and potentially disastrous for the team and the two players involved.
Exactly not a position that should have changed. Most kicks were steady but yes kicks along the ground and making the Knights come at the ball would have been better. We were winning , it's was steady, nothing with nothing special. My post was about a stupid choice to replace a 7 especially Wakeham who offers sweet fuck all as a player. Worse than Lewis at least he can defend . Cogger is better than both. Anyway we won. It was heart attack shit. We definitely are a crap team with many many issues not just Lewis Wakeham but 1win closer to the Broncs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly not a position that should have changed. Most kicks were steady but yes kicks along the ground and making the Knights come at the ball would have been better. We were winning , it's was steady, nothing with nothing special. My post was about a stupid choice to replace a 7 especially Wakeham who offers sweet fuck all as a player. Worse than Lewis at least he can defend . Cogger is better than both. Anyway we won. It was heart attack shit. We definitely are a crap team with many many issues not just Lewis Wakeham but 1win closer to the Broncs.
He isn't worse that Lewis