Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wakeham and Lewis are both as bad as each other at this stage. You can’t expect a caretaker coach to nurse wakeham through everything. Both have been given ample opportunity this year and both have shown they aren’t up to first grade standard. Wakeham has some talent, but he’s nowhere near ready. Time to give Cogger a go.

Georgalis seems to be doing pretty well. He’s coached us for two rounds, we’ve won one and it should have been two. Can’t really blame him for trying Wakeham after Lewis once again managed to find the head of an opposition player and put us under all sorts of pressure..... and after last week’s capitulation. Both have demonstrated they are not competent at closing out a game at this stage... maybe wakeham will learn, which is probably why he was given a run. Georgalis took a gamble and we won, so you can’t really say it didn’t pay off.

Georgalis was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t, in all honesty.... but at least the player who has potential and may be an asset down the track got some valuable experience and may learn from it.

My only question is what does Cogger have to do to get a run?
I still don’t get why Cogger isn’t given the same opportunity as Lewis. He was good backend of last season before Foran came back. He played well out of position in his last game. I think Cogger can be that competent half we need

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, Reimis in on the outta at present
Holland was good today
Jackson, i agree but i will continue to support him
Kotoa looked rubbish weeks ago,today was sensational
Holland dropped next week for Lafai and Montoya for Reimis Smith. Jackson 60min player looked terrible the last 20mins. Kotoa probably played his way into a bench utility role.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a load of crap ..

Yeah it was difficult decision to bring him on but it was difficult the whole frikkn game for everyone

All he had to do was kick a fukn ball ( basic skills ) and couldn’t manage it .

If you expect it easy , go and play Park football

I’ve seen a fair bit of footballers in my time and this wakeham is bog average

Katoa I must say had a strong game .. I think the conditions suited him in that position today

If Lafai is being picked next week .. hope to see Averillo in the halves with Foran at least

Forget this wakeham / Lewis shit show
Maybe you should go halfback then, you seem like you know it all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is playing in the centres, a very difficult place to defend, and he is not a centre. What do you expect??
Not as bad as Holland though... Had no idea what was going on when Mata'utia scored

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It’s so hard to come into a game when the opposition has all the momentum and are teeing off in defence like the Knights were. Then you add in the conditions even the very best of halves would struggle in circumstances like that.
That's why I said it's a stupid coaching play to bring him on. Wrong game to make subs just to do it. We needed defence, good kicking and chase. All Lewis was doing..we didn't need attack. It was a simple game .

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, Reimis in on the outta at present
Holland was good today
Jackson, i agree but i will continue to support him
Kotoa looked rubbish weeks ago,today was sensational
You forgetting how good Reimis was on the wing

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
To be fair the momentum had changed before Wakeham came on
Ok, but to bring him on that game was crazy. We needed defence and just kick and kick chase to get back momentum. Not a halfback to bring attack. Foran and Lewis were good..Wakeham come on and almost lost us the game.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done doggies. Well done Steve. G . Let's win a few this year and move out of the bottom 4

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's why I said it's a stupid coaching play to bring him on. Wrong game to make subs just to do it. We needed defence, good kicking and chase. All Lewis was doing..we didn't need attack. It was a simple game .
That’s it isn’t it. Lewis wasn’t going great but there was more to lose making a change at that time.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly Kurt Mann at no.9 for us we will win the comp he gives it his all and can play any position pretty much.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Katoa was absolutely brilliant playing in the middle. He got a vital one on one steal and was leading the line speed in defence. He also looked dangerous with the ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok, but to bring him on that game was crazy. We needed defence and just kick and kick chase to get back momentum. Not a halfback to bring attack. Foran and Lewis were good..Wakeham come on and almost lost us the game.
You do realise Lewis was HOOKED, Lewis and Foran certainly weren't good lol. But yes, I would not have made that change then, it was ridiculous and really Foz needed to step in earlier and get things back on track.