Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The reason why Okunbor has been selected is because both Morrin and Edwards aren’t 30 and were exemptions last week but since the return of King and Pele, that exemption probably doesn’t stand anymore. Skelton is also suspended and Nu Brown + Karl on the bench is way too small against a big Raider pack. Sutton is also injured. It’s frustrating but its what we have to deal with. Blake Wilson been doing very well in Cup so it would be cool to see a debut for him in QLD infront of family. Has definitely performed better than Casey

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chris Sutton refereed us against Cronulla a fortnight ago, and I thought he gave us a fair go. It didn't stop s few on the Kennel from grumbling about him though. I'd rather have him than his brother, or Butler or Cummings.
Don’t know why but we’ve played good under Cummings lately

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think they rate Skelton. Shifted from centre, wing, backrow already.
I think they do for sure! Ciraldo is all about players being able to cover multiple positions. He will get his chance, sooner rather then later i hope.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought Brown would be on extended bench at least but your point is valid. Probably no reason to name him, unless he actually is a chance. Possibly not 100% fit too.
Playing lock in Cup. Will benefit ftom more game time after his layoff. In any case, oloapu and or reynolds can cover lock, so he is not necessary.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Going to Magic Round. I’m 0-10 or 11 when watching Dogs games. I’ve never seen them win live. Fuckn ridiculous lol. Surely the curse is finally broken haha
Damn, that’s some record. Hope the streak is broken this wk.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man I hope they don't rush back any of these guys early. Please make sure they are completely healed to reduce the risk or re-aggravating anything.
And now sink your teeth into what our team could be if we could somehow scrape into 8th spot this year. No expectations, other teams would be scared of what we could do:
1. Perham 2. Foxx 3. Alamoti 4. Avo 5. Kiraz 6. Oloapu 7. Burto 8. King 9. Reed 10. TPJ 11. Kiks 12. Preston 13. Thommo 14. Grub 15. RFM 16. Waddell 17. Ok/Morrin or Hughes/Pele (dependent on whether we need someone mobile or another big bopper). Lessgo!

And thats without the additions next year of Critta and Xerri. FUCK YEAH!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor has only really had 1 shocker when he was on the wing. He has actually played some solid footy and taking some of the load off the big boys with some solid carries.
Not sure what games you've been watching but he's been a liability for the club for a very long time.

Has probably done better in the middle than on the wing but hopefully he's gone by years end with this being his last year of his current contract.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With some decent inclusions this week I can't believe we are not favourites against the Raiders who haven't put a big score in any of the wins this year so far. Were beaten by the Dolphins in Round 1 and beat them by a point in Wagga Wagga last week.

Raiders seem to get better in the 2nd half of the season and while they have some handy players in their team they're far less of a worry than what they have been in recent years and what we are now.

I feel we can go back-to-back wins this Friday.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, my friend. But unlike the NRL, we are doing something about our situation. The Nrl are just sitting there and justifying the ref's poor decisions.
Still have to be better at defending a man down. Forget who it was might have been Bellamy but he was interviewed about this and they train a man down quite a bit. Do We do this?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 70110

This is the latest from the Bulldogs site. Have I missed something?

Hope he’s going to be ok to play

Same with the others
The estimated recovery time frame is from the date of injury
Not from the date the report is posted
He was injured in round 7
3 weeks
Round 10 available just showing eg

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really really wanted knockonbur to work as a middle but after his piss poor cream puff attempt on Ben hunt under the sticks last game I’m off him totally. Instead of coming in and cleaning a halfback up looking to offload he came in and caressed his arm and fixed Ben hunts hair!!!

nek minit Ben hunt offloads with ease for dragqueens to score beside the post

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really really wanted knockonbur to work as a middle but after his piss poor cream puff attempt on Ben hunt under the sticks last game I’m off him totally. Instead of coming in and cleaning a halfback up looking to offload he came in and caressed his arm and fixed Ben hunts hair!!!

nek minit Ben hunt offloads with ease for dragqueens to score beside the post
More Karl's and reeds fault tbh. Reed just watched and Karl tackles the wrong guy and ended up in the ground.