Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not that good of a draw system.

One way and another it is flawed if teams play each other after only a few weeks between as has happened.
I did a bit of analysis on our 2018 draw, while we were in Covid lock down in 2019, on why we played the same team (Panthers) only a few weeks apart (Round 5 and Round 8). What I found was we should have played them the second time a few weeks later based on the rotation (Round 17). But that was a round we requested the game be played at Belmore so Canbra were swapped in.

Always a Bulldog

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did a bit of analysis on our 2018 draw, while we were in Covid lock down in 2019, on why we played the same team (Panthers) only a few weeks apart (Round 5 and Round 8). What I found was we should have played them the second time a few weeks later based on the rotation (Round 17). But that was a round we requested the game be played at Belmore so Canbra were swapped in.

Always a Bulldog
Covid lockdown was actually 2020, not 19.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Wasnt meaning just the Bulldogs. The Warriors have had a bad draw.
Newc v Warriors have played each other twice. R1 and R6. I think theres a couple of others in the same boat.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the current HIA protocols, can lose a backline player at any time. At the moment, Ockonbor is the best fit for this dual role of either a back or forward replacement. In the halves we have KO ready. With forward rotations, you can get away with 2-3 on the bench. (Baring injuries) With 4 fit forwards on the bench, sometimes your impact forwards will spend more minutes out of the game.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that good of a draw system.

One way and another it is flawed if teams play each other after only a few weeks between as has happened.
The Draw is terrible. No argument for how the draw works has ever given that is satisfactory.

The argument of old time rivals must play at certain time’s doesn’t answer the question of why there isn’t a complete draw where everyone plays each other once before playing teams go a second time.

At the end of each season. The draw to who plays each other twice the next season should be determined by two groups. Odds all play each other twice and Evens get to play each other twice.

That leaves a couple of extra rounds to add to the calendar and fill the amount of rounds.

These can be filled with any special requests for certain games to be played if they miss playing each other twice the way the draw works.

The clowns who say this cannot happen because the traditional games like the Roosters v Dragons on Anzac Day. (Tradition that is only 20 years old mind you) Bulldogs v Rabbits on Easter etc. need to be specifically fitted in. What is to stop these game’s getting allocated as the weekend those teams play.

Why the hell all teams cannot play a full round of games where everyone plays each other once before starting a second round. The tradition can go so far. We need to live in the present and play what is fair and reasonable in the current year.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Blake Wilson on the interchange is interesting maybe he comes in for Kiraz if not fit.