Round 1 NSW Cup & Flegg vs Souths

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He defended well and kicked well but he refused to engage defenders when passing. So frustrating, two steps, pass and point for the next play. Docker clay did a better job engaging the defence. Cook was good at dummy half. Wakeham close to mom.
i think docker clay did very well.

Reactions: ATT

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He defended well and kicked well but he refused to engage defenders when passing. So frustrating, two steps, pass and point for the next play. Docker clay did a better job engaging the defence. Cook was good at dummy half. Wakeham close to mom.
and that's the problem with flanno he doesnt run the ball and take on the line which makes him way too predictable

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flegg have a forward shortage. We are dropping the ball every set in second half
Yup. Rabbitohs knew our middle was weak and that’s where they ran it nearly every single play. That forward lost the ball so many times today. May need to use some superglue next round

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
very accurate. Flannigan didn’t really seem interested. His body language was lethargic. I thought Wakeham played with energy. And made his tackles. Played well.
Docker when he got on played strong. Big jump to grade but did everything he could to put his hand up. Again our bench was light in the middles. Hopefully a couple back soon from injury and fix that. I also thought Stimson had a quite game. He’s slimmed down but at this level you would expect him to standout. First game of the season but. So hopefully improves

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone got any news? I see we won 24-16.

How did creedence go?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seen both the flegg trial and todays game and both Sam Hughes and Jack Todd have been absolutely outstanding both times. Really excited by this pair.
I agree - saw both games and they have been dominant with and without the ball. Bench front rower yesterday was from the SGBall side - does anyone know if playing the Sgball prop was due too injuries in the flegg squad - seemed to be playing edge forwards in the middle at times.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree - saw both games and they have been dominant with and without the ball. Bench front rower yesterday was from the SGBall side - does anyone know if playing the Sgball prop was due too injuries in the flegg squad - seemed to be playing edge forwards in the middle at times.
Was there also agree both front rowers did a outstanding job. There where injuries as was seated in front the coach was saying through out the game swap players up from back row to front.
was injurers why short but also some went up to Reggie’s. Was a outstanding result with all that considered. The first grade coach was there too watch Reggie’s as was Mitchell and walker to watch them. So suggest they had high hopes for Reggie’s

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about their ages but flegg might still have Mavoni Tuifua and Mosese Pope to come back.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Schoupp is in Townsville so maybe there’s an injury in the backline somewhere

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think for those interested there is some highlights on nswrl site

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No joke is that Flannos first win in a Dogs jersey?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No joke is that Flannos first win in a Dogs jersey?
Not sure but watched the game he didnt really contribute to the win - "catch ball, run two steps, pass the ball, point to next play" - could have had a part timer do as much - id love to know why he doesnt run anywhere near the defence.