Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow! So many armchair critics on this forum. Who would of thought!
I am not entirely happy with the selection either, but aye, who am I ?
Remember that this is only round 1, and as emotionally charged supporters that we are..........................................

This is our rebuild.
This is our new coach.
This is our new team.
This is our new day.
This is our new era.
This IS our Bulldogs

Go Dogs!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember that this is only round 1, and as emotionally charged supporters that we are..........................................

This is our rebuild.
This is our new coach.
This is our new team.
This is our new day.
This is our new era.
This IS our Bulldogs

Go Dogs!
That’s cool, thats why TK is so good you can have an opinion

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Without the proverbial ball being bowled you are writing him off completely despite obviously not having observed him every day like the coaching staff have. Interesting .....

Go Dogs
He played and missed plenty of balls, last season. So many, he got his ass dropped...
And I’m not writing him off, I want him to play his way back in ISP and push for a FG spot.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we will really realise how much we took the Mozz's for granted, especially defensively.
Recon a big part of why membership is down this year is they got rid of too many of our favorite and best players all at once.
We should have held on to the Moz twins

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

This is our rebuild.
This is our new coach.
This is our new team.
This is our new day.
This is our new era.
This IS our Bulldogs

Go Dogs!
You ain't seen nothin yet. Wait till we get started.

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Too much negativity on here. The teams pretty much spot on. Question mark over montoya but I bet his improved since last yr. Same can be said for elliot.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon after the warriors score their first try, half the kennel will write off the whole season lol
Monty wouldn't want to put a step wrong lol. Seriously this place goes into meltdown every game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Defence first. 2. complete the set second, 3. contesting the ball on the last, should be an ok weekend coming up.
Not sure Pay has his combo's worked out but at least he is trying shit

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New to the Kennel but ive been watching for a while, as far as the team goes im happy with Hoppa at fullback for the time being but I just cant understand how we can afford to leave out the best goalkicker in the comp,with how close games have become it could be the difference between making and not making the eight .Monday im off to Canada for a while so my tips are in and fingers crossed for a good start to the season go Prince and Fozz!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Keen to see how our halves operate together it's really exciting and promising.

Got a good feeling about Foran this time physically (touch wood!). I think he is good enough to reinvent himself and enter a new phase in his career.

Can't get him enough of him exploiting the short side with his straight running. Something we missed for a long time with sideways Reynolds.

Last edited:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im worried that Remis Smith wont get early ball or at all..
Id swap Remis into centre and Montoya on the wing.
Smith can use his speed to break the line to put Montoya through.
Im not confident with Montoya but he deserves a chance.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs will win in a low scoring encounter.

Fusitua 1st try scorer of the game, with Smith & Holland bagging a try each.

Hopoate MOM with Foran breaking his left toenail.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Pay forget Montoya only played about 1 game after getting dropped from first grade last year. He was injured in his first or second game in reserve grade and out for the rest of the year. How has he proved himself worthy of a start back in first grade ???? - what through training ????? No matter how good someone trains does that make them a great player ???? The reason he was dropped in the first place was because he was slow and offered nothing in attack and was shit at defence also. JMK similar. Elliott is a try hard. If Holland misses 1 goal that costs us 1 game or 2 or more and we miss the semis because of that Pay deserves to lose his job just for being a fucking fool. Martin played better than Elliott last year. I can't remember Elliott ever scoring 2 tries in a game and kicking 100%. What does Danny F offer also. He's so average. Renouf T killed it in ISP last year and has an offload at least. Even Ogden is a better choice. I'd rather Meaney at fullback and Hopa in the centres than having Montoya in the team ANYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.