Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enthusiasm of the Raiders trial, respect possession and be at the right end of the field, crack the fortress would be a good confidence boost.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game day! Quietly confident of a win. If we can start fast we’ll be a massive chance.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget Crichton, scores a great team try & we are all licking our lips then he didn't need to go for the intercept Broncos score, he missed the tackle on Mann, Broncos score, late in the game Panthers finally get possession near Broncos line & Crichton does a little soft kick on early tackle & surrenders possession commentators are horrified. Panthers lose the game who is to blame??
Bit harsh on Crichton. Luai and Cleary were pretty average themselves

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
3 hookers have scored in the first 3 games so who we backing for anytime try scorer. Croker or Mahoney

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know most people are pessimistic after years of struggling, the last trial loss and losing Thompson and TPJ, but Manly aren't that great and are easily beatable, even with Turbo back.. It's a 50/50 game. I'm more optimistic than confident but I think other guys like Sutton, Preston, Brown, Pele, Tanner etc can step up to fill the void and we'll get a win.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know most people are pessimistic after years of struggling, the last trial loss and losing Thompson and TPJ, but Manly aren't that great and are easily beatable, even with Turbo back.. It's a 50/50 game. I'm more optimistic than confident but I think other guys like Sutton, Preston, Brown, Pele, Tanner etc can step up to fill the void and we'll get a win.
I think alot will come down to Reed.
He was a bit clunky in the 2nd trial (not that Im in any way giving him grief, was just a trial).
Good thing is he'll have his hands on the ball the most.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game day! Quietly confident of a win. If we can start fast we’ll be a massive chance.
Last year was all about starting fast yes we need start fast but we need to be in this game with defence worthy of our rebuild.., I’m fucking sweating already…come on dogies..

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a bit clunky in the 2nd trial (not that Im in any way giving him grief, was just a trial).
Need Burton to really step up.
I thought Flanno lifted his involvement in that 2 trial (although limited in ability) but I felt Mahoney was trying to fill a hole left by Burton who was a passenger.

Mahoney has shown previously (in Parra colours) that when he loses faith in his halves, he tries to overplay his hand and often makes errors.

If Burton and Flanno do what they are suppose to do and not go into their shells, Mahoney can keep to his own game which he generally does well. But if he feels he needs to play 2 roles, errors might creep in and the wrong guy might get blamed in the wash up

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always rated Mason as a top 5 greatest Bulldog of all time.
Very true, he was one of our very best when he was on, but I'm certain that just like SBW his loyalty was white anted by one our mortal enemies.
The young always be influenced by malicious, cunning skum and the rotters have the best one in the comp.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fingers crossed Kiks stays on the field longer than 5 minutes and our left edge should be a problem for Manly. Need Burton to fire with Mahoney if and if they get Flanagan to work on the right it should be a good game to watch or its 2022 all over again :(

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Mahoney will be fine and will keep being aggressive which we need him to be.

Obviously Turbo is a focal point defensively but we need to shut down their right side with Haumole and Koula because those two can break a game wide open and they rely a lot on Haumole's offloads..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting at lock but haha. Can see him scooting from dummy half but for sure.

On other news Our Reggie’s team looks Miles better then manlys be sure to tune in folks we should win pretty well.
Is it televised on Fox and if so what time is it on.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kayo is advertising NSW Cup - Begins Today 12:30, so im thinking should be on both Kayo and Fox.