Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“Parramatta led 20-0 in the second half “

Who gives a fk it wasn’t the final score

The media agenda against us is crazy

I read another article earlier that had average fans Twitter comments part of the story bagging the team
There’s a lot more negatives than positive about our situation at the moment bro.. it’s clear to see.. Gus has Got it all wrong and it all started with that 5 year deal for the assistant and then his rubbish recruitment drive except for critta obviously

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a word on Burton, because he is your favourite
Not at all, unlike others here, I cant criticise any player when justified, burton yesterday was nowhere near involved in the game as we needed him to be, but ill reserve judgement for now as we barely touched the ball. Taafe knocked ok his first bomb and we didnt see it again until the last 20 mins. We had it back and wilson knocked on and make 5 errors. However Burton certainly needs to be stepping up this year because if he doesnt, we wont improve.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The system CC is running is not suitable to this team, the performance in the next few weeks will speak for themselves, happy to eat humble pie!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
There’s a lot more negatives than positive about our situation at the moment bro.. it’s clear to see.. Gus has Got it all wrong and it all started with that 5 year deal for the assistant and then his rubbish recruitment drive except for critta obviously
I agree, I feel like the media pressure is warranted at this point

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The system CC is running is not suitable to this team, the performance in the next free will speak for themselves, happy to eat humble pie!
Watching other coaches come in and make improvements immediately has me conceding Ciraldo is not a first grade coach we had Flanagan on a platter and they wouldn’t take him massive mistake

Even Gould said we need an experienced coach and he was the best available

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We had no ball. Spent so much fuel defending but ended up with a couple of 4 pointers. CC should be judged on defence this season. We don't have all the pieces yet in attack. I thought signs looked good for our D this season
Exactly how many times under Tbaz and late Pay era we concede the first try and completely implode. There was more grit on display.

However, it is going to be a fine line. We can be gritty but if we keep losing that can kill confidence. Therefore we need to jag a couple of wins during this tough start to the season.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
A lot of media want to sink the boot in - let's hope the boys use that as motivation.

Reactions: 88

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching other coaches come in and make improvements immediately has me conceding Ciraldo is not a first grade coach we had Flanagan on a platter and they wouldn’t take him massive mistake

Even Gould said we need an experienced coach and he was the best available

We had a prop problem before Gus and and before ciraldo. We're not attractive to recruit top forwards at the moment

Dragons as well haven't recruited any forwards aside from rfm. Dragons already had a better front row than us.

The games always been about forwards

Flanagan hasn't proven shit yet, they played the titans.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tracey has got to be fullback, xerri needs to come into centre, skelton on the wing to replace JAC, and patalo on the bench or starting.

Think we definitely need to see these changes this week

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Considering how small and underpowered our forwards are - Xerri, Kiraz and Skelton are important players who can provide something we need through the middle....

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The missed tackle stat is a complete joke, they count players pealing off etc. It means nothing. Also he made like 55 tackles a number were legs tackle where someone would come in on top and he would roll away. Reed actually had an ok game best for a whole. Got to get the crab runs out of his game but was a lot better.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The missed tackle stat is a complete joke, they count players pealing off etc. It means nothing. Also he made like 55 tackles a number were legs tackle where someone would come in on top and he would roll away. Reed actually had an ok game best for a whole. Got to get the crab runs out of his game but was a lot better.
Crab runs are a killer. That shit needs to stop.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We don't use enough runners in numbers like he thrived with at Parra. We are all one out, flat footed.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Kiraz playing injured? Looks he was struggling to run and took an eternity to turn around and chase that kick behind the line, looks pretty stiff. Not sure why CC decided to play him ahead of Xerri who can play both left and right side.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How many fans watching were calling for JAC to be taken off?
Even if it was just wasting a sub?
80% or 90%?
It was indeed pretty obvious it was serious and JAC was not able to offer much with only one arm.
I'm also have a question mark over Crichton's role in this.
Surely he could have assessed the situation and come to the obvious decision to get him off?
Or at least said don't give the ball to JAC?
And what were the trainers doing?
Just a complete shambles.
Definitely not wasting a sub as there was never a chance of him returning in the 2nd half. Very poor coaching and a massive failure with duty of care. Perhaps it’s CC’s way of saying hey, I mightn’t be able to coach a team to play good, smart footy but I’ve taught them to be brave and tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.