Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
13 errors to 4.

We just need to hold the ball. Is it really that bloody hard?
We haven't been able to do it for at least 5 years now so...

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is CC focusing too much on defence?
Not after last year mate. We were letting in constant one off the ruck barge overs. Last year was all time low for any nrl side in defence. A lot of tries scored over weekend were pretty soft. You don’t need too to go right, just possession really

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Titans Tom Weaver is the perfect 7 for us, we should be pursuing him immediately..
My Team for round 2 would be:
1. Tracey/Joash Papalii
2. Blake Wilson
3. Tracey/Xerri
4. Critta
5. Kiraz (Hes a winger NOT a centre)
6. Burton
7. BBO
8. King
9. Reed
10. Sam Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Presto
13. Curran
14. Bailey Hayward
15. Poasa
16. Harrison Edwards
17. Kautoga

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
13 errors to 4.

We just need to hold the ball. Is it really that bloody hard?
That’s the million dollar question.

Is it the coaches fault we can’t hold the ball ?

Is it Gus’s fault we are recruiting and retaining people who can’t hold the ball ?

And it’s not just the errors. It’s the stupid penalties and other areas of poor discipline.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Is it Gus’s fault we are recruiting and retaining people who can’t hold the ball ?

And it’s not just the errors. It’s the stupid penalties and other areas of poor discipline.
While it's absolutely fair for us to be disappointed with the error rate in the team, the greater concern should be how we reacted to that.

Did our heads drop when we got points put on us? Did we lose defensive shape? Did our structure go to shit? Did our commitment to each other faulter?

I'd say no to all of the above personally.

Which is why I'm positive coming from the game. No one likes to lose, and no one can be happy with a lost but there are positives there.

We reduce those errors and dumb penalties (ref was a **** btw) and the game goes very differently.

We'll get there

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a really tough option. We lost the game from making mistakes and losing control in the middle. Knight drops the ball a lot but adds a lot to the middle.

We don’t have much to lose so I’m happy to play him against the Sharks. We need some size on the bench.
Did he play NSW Cup?
He will prob get a run ahead of Faamausili who got less than 20 mins or Morrin

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How much money is Wilson on compared to Burton and whose in the spine. I know who we are getting better value for money out of.
Yeah na. I can forgive mistakes and dropped balls but the complete lack of effort to chase after putting the pass down is what I don’t like. Give me Skelton any day.Wilson is a very poor man’s Meaney.

FWIW Burton is clearly only a running 5/8 at best with an organising 7 but most likely a centre. We all wanted him to be the generational signing (even Marley if he is honest).. but he just hasn’t delivered on that hope so far.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only reason why we look gassed, make mistakes and give away penalties is because we get dominated and outplayed. Think about it like a boxer that’s getting belted and starts hugging and grabbing onto his opponent. This is why we give away penalties start to get sloppy and make mistakes, purely because we are trying to keep up with the other team who are putting us to the sword. Until our players get smarter on the field, we get some beasts upfront and get a competent halfback we will remain at the bottom.
Refreshing to hear someone talking sense.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We had a good fullback in the making in Av then we buy Perham and he sticks with him for half the season. Taafe is no different to Perham imo. I just hope Tracey can own it.
How many years would you’ve been prepared to give Avo to prove himself? A good fullback needs ticker which he lacks imo

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taffe looked like he had no confidence at all shit himself every time a bomb went up
The Parra fans were onto him. You could hear it through the broadcast, every time a bomb went up they started making noise.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TLT will be interesting forced backline shuffle. Hard to know if Tracy is fit. If he is wouldn’t have been better to play him in cup? If fit does Tasfe get dropped so early. Counting the trials I think we have seen enough. With our issues we need meters out of full back. I also don’t like our structure out of our end. Our backs are taking too many hit ups. Means we are not set for a play 4 shift to May e score some long range tries . Because of that I think we need knight back in the 17z start with knight and king. With Hughes, poasa and maybe kitone on the bench. I think kitone has shown enough and gives some second row cover. Curran starts 13 and CC needs to drop one of Mann or Salmon.especially if not going to spell Mahoney. From last week maybe Salmon.
Agree. Often our middles first tackle was on 30-40m mark. Not enough power or momentum (for this team).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Coach sets the standard for discipline.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well the dolphins have been horrendous today.

Titans horrendous last night.

You saying their coaches are setting the standard ??
The coach will fix it for them. We put these error counts and penalty counts regularly. It’s two games in a row now

Status
Not open for further replies.