Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m telling some of you clowns now. Keep making rant threads whinging about player a or player b etc and I will just delete them. Your unhinged opinion ain’t important enough to have its own thread.
U.S.A.
U.S.A.
U.S.A.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“But Ciraldo said there had been no need to remove the NSW State of Origin winger from the field early.
"I didn't know it was that bad until halftime," Ciraldo explained.” - Illawarra Mockery.

I’m neutral on Ciraldo and willing to cut him some slack but blind Freddy could see that JAC’s shoulder was absolutely knackered. Just amazed that the Eels didn’t attack down that side more.
He was so fucked it was obvious. [emoji23][emoji23]

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Even the attack isn't as horrible as what's being made out. We had roughly three sets in Parras 20 and scored twice with a heavily reshuffled backline. They had 50 touches and scores three times with one off a kick.
Yeah it was more dumb errors than complete lack of skill. I made the 180B comment because we struggled to get going - but with the amount of defending we were doing that was always going to happen.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was so fucked it was obvious. [emoji23][emoji23]
Yeah, bad call from the coach and to say he didn’t know mate that’s why you have trainers on that park

CC thinks it’s some badge of honour to have his players play busted but the reality is keeping Fox on to get smashed probably added a few more weeks to his recovery

Duty of care needed to happen in that instance

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having a night to think about it, we have so many problems with out team. It all comes back to shit coaching though. I genuinely think Ciraldo is oblivious to what's happening on the field

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not our team. We make many errors.

Look at those individual errors in isolation and you'll see they really weren't that bad ...

Wasn't unbelievable, but definitely wasn't one of the worst.
Yep..
Yesterday was a rinse and repeat of all of last season.
Too many errors and not enough possession.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To me our effort was summed up in that one moment from Parras no try where they chased down the ball in goal, tapped it back, stripped it from us and then scored in the corner. That’s 6-8 players being out hustled and showing less effort than Parra. Terrible look.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the attack isn't as horrible as what's being made out. We had roughly three sets in Parras 20 and scored twice with a heavily reshuffled backline. They had 50 touches and scores three times with one off a kick.
If you have a look at some set plays in the second half we created good chances for Kiraz on the left wing.

Unfortunately the plays were clearly designed to get JAC some open space and Kiraz didn’t have the speed to take advantage. He ended up cutting back inside. Both times JAC scores if he is out there.

Also early in the second half we had a great chance but Salmon rang the wrong line. He was playing right centre though so probably not his fault.

Kind of ironic we have a million utilities but still struggled to cover a winger going down.

Let’s not also forget Parra completed their first 22 sets.

I was a bit disappointed we didn’t try a few more things but it’s tough with so little possession.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep..
Yesterday was a rinse and repeat of all of last season.
Too many errors and not enough possession.
While I agree with the errors ...

I'm not sure I agree on the "rinse and repeat" of last season part.

If we were playing like last season, they would've put 60+ on us as we were that bad defensively.

26 points on us. Not great but ...

Last try was lucky as hell.

First they got a good bounce.

Second should've been better.

I mean, yeah, we need to be better but for me the defensive structure was A LOT better than last year.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kiraz 157 run metres. For a man who is supposedly not fully fit. He is a machine!
Never said he wasn’t a pack horse… which is a role he supposedly hates.

I said he’s clearly not fit. There’s something wrong with that kids body lol.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To me our effort was summed up in that one moment from Parras no try where they chased down the ball in goal, tapped it back, stripped it from us and then scored in the corner. That’s 6-8 players being out hustled and showing less effort than Parra. Terrible look.
As soon as Hughes was running the ball back I had this thought I bet he gets stripped one on one

Yup

Fk Cartwright he always has a career best game against us

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
a drop out he could have just caught?? And the intercept he could have taken? Any other player and you d be rinsing them, just because you like wilson you cant bare to, if you think hes good enough long term, you are part of the problem
lol the intercept he should have taken?? The pass was an absolute bullet and if he doesn’t play at it You’d be bitching about them scoring in the corner, it was a try saving play. it’s funny that you are cracking on about Marly favouring players because I would bet that if Jac made the same play you’d be wrapping him for saving a try.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
While I agree with the errors ...

I'm not sure I agree on the "rinse and repeat" of last season part.

If we were playing like last season, they would've put 60+ on us as we were that bad defensively.

26 points on us. Not great but ...

Last try was lucky as hell.

First they got a good bounce.

Second should've been better.

I mean, yeah, we need to be better but for me the defensive structure was A LOT better than last year.
It's round 1 though. No excuse to not tackle their butts off. See how good the effort is when the loss column starts to grow and the season slips away like last year.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, bad call from the coach and to say he didn’t know mate that’s why you have trainers on that park

CC thinks it’s some badge of honour to have his players play busted but the reality is keeping Fox on to get smashed probably added a few more weeks to his recovery

Duty of care needed to happen in that instance
It doesn't look like CC had the mental capacity to think. That was down right incompetent leaving him on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.