Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez I hope we don't destroy his career. That will be a def insurmountable negative for the club in so many ways.

Lets hope CC can get them playing better next week.
He'll need to be ruthless with selections next week, or the Sharks will run up a cricket score, and we'll be the side with the worst for and against in the comp......again.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldo thought we were "outstanding" in the last ten minutes. Can someone tell him that we play for 80 minutes?
He frustrates the hell out of me... Talking up Addo-Carrs bravery to make it to HT... No **** you had the players at your disposal to make a reshuffle and take him off right away. Our club has a serious problem when it comes to playing players injured.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldos team selection v sharks will tell me if he’s the coach to lead us to anything good.
Taffe absolutely wanting
Burton did he play?
Kikau well where was he today
The Bulldogs have become the place you come to end your football career

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the same start as last year, I'm ready now to say that Mahoney and Burton are killing the attack.

I'd move Crichton to fullback where he can roam the field and possibly see the ball.

Put Burton at Centre, Sexton and Hodgkinson into the halves, and Salmon at hooker.

I want to see the ball make some ground instead of the usual plodding five tackles then an uncontested high bomb to a fullback in the clear.

This outfit is the same as every other failure we've seen for nearly a decade. Getting sick of it.
Mahoney is playing behind a pack that is not moving forward.. bit hard for him to do to much more than what's he's doing when defence is constantly rushing, Burton is not a half.. he's a centre with a big boot.

Though the scoreboard didn't show it, I think our defence is stronger and hopefully we see the fruit of that over the next few weeks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're hearing things

Everyone is going after Burton, they're going after taffe, they're going after salmon, Hutchison as well.

People are just saying there's a better option than Wilson in skelton
Who cares, TK thinks everyone in reserve grade is a better option than the firstgrader. I have nothing against Skelton and if Ciraldo picks him then so be it. Scapegoating Wilson though is just stupid.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They're at best a bottom 8 team.

With more ball on a different day at a different ground the game is much closer.
Mate I agree with u. Our main issue is getting even possession of ball somehow, and why it’s always against us. Parra struggled against our defence today

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney is playing behind a pack that is not moving forward.. bit hard for him to do to much more than what's he's doing when defence is constantly rushing, Burton is not a half.. he's a centre with a big boot.

Though the scoreboard didn't show it, I think our defence is stronger and hopefully we see the fruit of that over the next few weeks.
I cant fathom a loss at shark park… I JUST CANT

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No he won''t, he doesn't give it away. He will be stronger.
Either should all the nervous Nancies on here.
A loss it was but with the Eels having 70% ball in the 1st half in the heat, our boys never gave up.
3 tries to 2 until that last intercept (?) was a great effort under the circumstances.
Our left side was targeted, but when finally a bit of ball came there a try happened.

You can't tell me that the head coach hasn't toughened the team up.
A tweak here or there and a fair share of ball and ref calls and we are in there for the fight.

So much negative comment when it was one mighty defensive effort.

t, he is not
What you say is true, but nothing disguises the fact that we cannot hold the ball for a full set, and on the rare occasions we do, it's the same old attack as last year, with the uncontested Burton bomb as the icing on the cake.

Predictable attack, and easy to defend against. Easy to put pressure on our forwards and force the dropped ball.

We have a reasonably good back line but they never see the ball, unless it's someone running it at them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That’s most teams. All back five are constantly top meter eaters in game. Unless u got a Hass of prime Tamoulolo
Obviously there is more to it that's not exposed yet but you can't compare our shambles to other teams, we have the worst or close to the worst middles in the game.

Even the "big names" haven't done shit for years, past and present.

These fuckers want to turn me into a smoker FFS lol

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foxx can't do yardage and today proved it. He sprinted in and got belted.

Ladies & gentlemen there is a Tbaz big money recruit again. Meanwhile at the Warriors they've got budget wingers in Montoya who are better at returning the ball.
It's like they said during the coverage. The team is full of Ferrari's but they are driving on a dirt road :tearsofjoy:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You cannot expect fans to not be hard on the coach and player.... 8 years of this shit, what do you expect.. we expect to see a competitve team
Unfortunately the world doesn’t revolve around your expectations or anyone else’s.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Mahoney doesn't pass off the ground either. We are suppose to be more mobile and move teams around due to lack of size. Unfortunately Mahoney standing to pass is resulting in our weak middle forwards getting jammed in on and basically suffocates us. Big coaching issue tbh

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ciraldos team selection v sharks will tell me if he’s the coach to lead us to anything good.
Taffe absolutely wanting
Burton did he play?
Kikau well where was he today
The Bulldogs have become the place you come to end your football career
And the side you play to help your for and against.

Teams know that a bit of milking and finessing will reward them with a penalty against the Dogs, and multiple repeat sets are a certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.