Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need to stop the areas if we can hold the ball and fix our defence through the middle we should do ok. Our attack looked alot better in attack when we had the had the chance but we will get better as the year goes on and our combinations develop paitence is the key as we did have a clean out last year so patience.
The defense was appalling.. gonna be a long long season!! Again!!

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No aggression, no leadership, no forwards, no offloads, no discipline, I’m not overly sure what was worked on, ref was shit, but we looked very amateurish, not saying we can’t improve but 9, 11, 12, 13 we shit, gave nothing in attack but simple runs, knights were not amazing at they flogged us purely on taking their opportunities, meany does nothing in bringing the ball back, avo way to quiet, dwz for all the strong ball carries his mistakes are worse, cotric isn’t a centre, not going to say it will be a long yr as we had no possession so I don’t know what we have in attack, we did well when we were up there, but our forwards bar hethrington were shit, missed the big Englishman for sure, but I’d swap Napa for burton now, what’s the point in forward depth if they are shit anyway

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
We didn't play well and I am the first to admit it. In my 67 years on this earth I have played, refereed, coached and watch lots of games. But tonight was the first time I have seen a game where one team receives zero penalties in the 80 minutes. The three set restarts we got were when we were 20 points down and thus as useless as tits on a bull. Wait till one of the Sutton's get a Dogs game.
We didn't get any because we are in slow motion from the moment we hit up to the point of the play the ball. With no roll on you won't get a set restart.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In what universe was he better? He was awful. Renouf literally did almost the same amount of work in half the minutes as Hetherington. Hetherington dogged it with his non existent workrate while other forwards who were fatigued put in and ended up looking stupid.
BTW this isn't me saying hes some big time player. But he's had 20 games. Atoni and RFM have been playing for a few years now and are still kack, and will always be kack.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Looks like Dan Ferris was fucking useless like I thought, non existent fitness and totally dominated.
The lack of fitness I thought was evident with the fringe/edge defence tries we conceded. Just lazy. Hopoate & Averillo to name a few.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously we need to loose alot of the donkeys we have but you can't ignore how the refs gassed us out by giving continuous repeat sets! Take the refs out of the game and it would have been a different game all together

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm just glad Lewis wasn't playing. he would have copped it worse than the ref. Although Flanno is twice as good as Lewis it has always been our forwards letting us down. you can't attack without the forwards winning the ruck

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How is that not a rake on Katoa?? They said he wasn’t trying to hit the ball out, just make a tackle? Wow.
Touch and go like so many others.
But it's the Dogs so doesn't matter :(

Sick of not making our own luck tho.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
elliott should just imagine that someones wife is naked standing on the opposition try line and he needs to burst through the defense to get to her, thats probably what happened there, excellent hit and spin
Inappropriate

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo is too much of a liability. Wakeham would be better overall

silva

Utility
Reaction score
No aggression, no leadership, no forwards, no offloads, no discipline, I’m not overly sure what was worked on, ref was shit, but we looked very amateurish, not saying we can’t improve but 9, 11, 12, 13 we shit, gave nothing in attack but simple runs, knights were not amazing at they flogged us purely on taking their opportunities, meany does nothing in bringing the ball back, avo way to quiet, dwz for all the strong ball carries his mistakes are worse, cotric isn’t a centre, not going to say it will be a long yr as we had no possession so I don’t know what we have in attack, we did well when we were up there, but our forwards bar hethrington were shit, missed the big Englishman for sure, but I’d swap Napa for burton now, what’s the point in forward depth if they are shit anyway
Waaahh waaahh waahhh * baby face*