Round 1 -2022 opponents

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think parra goes backwards next year and we have tigers measure
We normally play roosters twice, they are my favs for next year, so that is tough
You can count on panthers souths & dragons twice

We usually can steal one from the rabbits

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally think it would be a shit way to start the season if it’s true.

We play them - if we lose, we’re deflated. All this hype and we couldn’t get up.

If we win, then the hype is real - “wooden spooners beat premiers”.

I would prefer us to jag a few wins before we get major scalp

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
We are going to get a tough draw bulldogs rival teams are all strong 2 games each !
The draw isn't picked looking at rivals. It depends were we finished. It's broken into groups. That's how they work out which teams we vs once and which teams we vs twice

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The draw isn't picked looking at rivals. It depends were we finished. It's broken into groups. That's how they work out which teams we vs once and which teams we vs twice
I'm not sure that's quite true anymore. Teams nominate who they'd like to play twice. Then they work on the draw. THey obviously want certain match ups for ratings and the like.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's quite true anymore. Teams nominate who they'd like to play twice. Then they work on the draw. THey obviously want certain match ups for ratings and the like.
You are correct

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I personally think it would be a shit way to start the season if it’s true.

We play them - if we lose, we’re deflated. All this hype and we couldn’t get up.

If we win, then the hype is real - “wooden spooners beat premiers”.

I would prefer us to jag a few wins before we get major scalp
It is a shit way to start the season, how is it fair that wooden spooners have to start the season against the Premiers? Haha. Round 1 shoudl always be a GF rematch imo.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully we start with the tigers cowboys. Get some confidence and maybe a game against the eels or knights.. good test

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't care who we play in round one or the whole draw, I am so exited and pumped with our new recruits running out with our colors on, It's a great roster and I know we are going to kick ass and play an exciting style of football like we used to The Dogs are back.
I wouldn't mind the Bye round 1 to bank points early and be at the top of the table :tearsofjoy:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct
Some opponents we know we'll get twice, Souths twice, once on good friday. Dragons twice, once on long weekend monday, tigers twice same as every other year probably once at ANZ and once at Combank

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the Bye round 1 to bank points early and be at the top of the table :tearsofjoy:
How fucking depressing is that, you wait all offseason to see your team play and they have a bye in round 1 LOL.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How fucking depressing is that, you wait all offseason to see your team play and they have a bye in round 1 LOL.
It'll happen when a 17th team is introduced and there isnt an opponent for somebody in round 1. I'd be spewing to be honest

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Worst ground on this planet.
Awesome ground, best to watch the Bulldogs play anywhere in the country, unless of course they are some soft arse non Bulldogs supporter who demands a fully catered corporate box and have their head so far up their arse that they can't find a parking spot or the train station.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It'll happen when a 17th team is introduced and there isnt an opponent for somebody in round 1. I'd be spewing to be honest
A distinct disadvantage going into the 2nd round, as all other teams have had a NRLol hit out.

Guess who's likely to get it :( lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think they give the best teams the previous year the better draw (kind of like how the tennis works, the top seeds vs the lesser likes) so I’d say the draw is going to be tough likely playing the elite teams twice.

Hope we do play the Penny’s first up, (a) Cleary will not be available (b) those ex-Panthers boys in Bulldogs colours will have a point to prove (c) Penrith will not be firing on all cylinders from round one (d) Penrith has carried on like pork chops, they are the new “most hated team in the NRL”, I think the media f###’s with their heads in the lead up (e) A game vs the Premiers is always a good yard stick

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yes like how we will play souths on good friday and dragons on queens birthday monday like normal.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they give the best teams the previous year the better draw (kind of like how the tennis works, the top seeds vs the lesser likes) so I’d say the draw is going to be tough likely playing the elite teams twice.

Hope we do play the Penny’s first up, (a) Cleary will not be available (b) those ex-Panthers boys in Bulldogs colours will have a point to prove (c) Penrith will not be firing on all cylinders from round one (d) Penrith has carried on like pork chops, they are the new “most hated team in the NRL”, I think the media f###’s with their heads in the lead up (e) A game vs the Premiers is always a good yard stick
Bring it on baby with or without Cleary, We now have a Fast back line, a pretty powerful set of forwards and much better depth and we have Gus to assist Barrett with game plans and we have a few scores to settle with some teams. I have a lot of faith in new team. So get ready to Trot with the Fox, Boogie with Burton, Dance with Dufty, Waltz with Vaughn, Pony with Pangi, and kick ass with the rest .