Rothfield double standards

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Imagine if payne haas or nicho hynes played for the bulldogs.??.I feel sorry for the players, and what their mothers did had nothing to do with either player.However buzz would relish if either were a Bulldog..'his' cronulla get a pass everytime.How has he managed to get away with his attacks on our club and Gus astonishes me...surely someone can put one on his chin.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imagine if payne haas or nicho hynes played for the bulldogs.??.I feel sorry for the players, and what their mothers did had nothing to do with either player.However buzz would relish if either were a Bulldog..'his' cronulla get a pass everytime.How has he managed to get away with his attacks on our club and Gus astonishes me...surely someone can put one on his chin.

Only one???

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Probably nobody cares coz everyone knows Buzz is on the turps, and few take him seriously

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It actually works in our favour.
Bulldogs players need to be extra careful not to do dumb stuff.
Which basically means more focus on football and a stronger team spirit.
What was the last off-field misdemeanor? I can't remember a recent one.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
70% of his content (or more) revolves around Bulldogs news (inclusive of Gus), the blokes obsessed.

He probably also does this strategically, let’s face it, how many “clicks” is he going to accumulate with Titans news… we have one of the biggest supporter bases going around so makes good business for him and fills his agenda.

He would absolutely loathe our club winning a premiership.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anti Bulldogs stories sells and frothfield panders to those that read it. His work is based on racial baiting..he does news limited proud.
I gotta say I fall for his bait and arc up every time. I shouldn’t of course. Gus has had the most active news-worthy positive pre-season of all, bar perhaps the Tigers, as we both scramble back towards the top. Nothing but positive stuff. He knows Bulldogs stories deliver him the clicks and Buzz only thrives on disruption, rumour and the negatives. He is frankly doing nothing to promote the game, that “literally”pays his wages all year round.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
With all the clicks, comments and outrage he generates we’ll probably get him a payrise.
Danny Wiedler got to the point where no player would even talk to him. He reigned himself in. Booze is a stubborn old **** and determined to bite the hand that feeds him. Fuck him

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The argument that his attempts at destabilising actually stabilise are not really true… A lot of these young kids are being placed and postured in highly emotional environments to produce loyalty and brotherhood…this type of shit casts aspersions over individuals and can seriously fuck with their head.

Reaction score
Skunkfield has been attacking Gould since Super League. He did it at the Roosters, Panthers, Blues, Warriors and now here. He nitpicks and blows verbal diarrhea at his every move.

The bloke is a deadshit.

I seem to recall Gould giving him and Hadley a serve while he was at the Roosters in his Herald column about 15 years ago.
See if I can find it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heading should read Rothfield doubles are standard. Cant wait for the flog to die of liver failure.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s not far away for him to kark-it

Reaction score
Here it is

Can't tell write from wrong

October 9, 2005 — 10.00am

Columnists such as Phil Rothfield, Rebecca Wilson and radio's Ray Hadley seem to have an obsession with discrediting me.

Their obsession is boring the pants off everybody.

I think Rothfield and Wilson place agendas and personal grievances above readers' needs for informative, accurate and unbiased reporting.

Rothfield has sledged me for more than a decade. His bitterness towards me has overtaken common sense and accuracy where my name is concerned. He is constantly wrong about me but that doesn't stop him backing up for another go. He has never contacted me to verify a story. He once sent me an abusive email. My email response must have hit the mark because he's never written to me again. These days he's just spitting into the wind. Every time he opens his mouth about me it blows right back in his face.

As for Rebecca Wilson?

Ha, ha, ha. Sorry. I can't even say her name without laughing. She must be trying to emulate Rothfield because her gossip column bears a striking resemblance to his style.

Despite constantly writing about me over the years, she has never had the courage to contact me to verify a story. Her stories about me have been inaccurate, exaggerated, embellished and misrepresentative. As far as I am concerned, it has been a vindictive, deliberate and sustained campaign.

It's all become so boring and her credibility has suffered so much that she must be close to giving it away and allowing someone else to write that gossip column.

And Ray Hadley? He often delivers vindictive attacks on individuals, sometimes targeting their very livelihood. Don't take my word for it. Ask people such as Brian Smith, Paul Vautin, Peter Sterling, John Gibbs and Andrew Voss. He, too, has never had the courage to phone me to verify a story before shooting off his mouth. I wonder why?

Like Rothfield, Hadley is extremely thin-skinned. They dish it out but can't take it.

Recently this troika has targeted my role at the Roosters. They are up in arms that I didn't attend a couple of club functions. So what? What's it got to do with them anyway? By saying I didn't turn up they are suggesting I was expected to attend these occasions but didn't show. That's totally incorrect.

For the record: I've attended less than a handful of club functions in the past six years. I also don't attend Dally M awards, season launches, grand final breakfasts, book launches and cocktail parties. I gave up going to these dos when I retired from coaching six years ago.

They also thought they had a big story when they heard I was invited to talk to Dragons players at a dinner before their final against Wests Tigers. So bloody what? I'm invited to talk to many sporting bodies, teams, clubs, junior leagues, business seminars, individuals and charities. I do as many as I can.

Footballers like to help each other. Rugby league is not like the media where people like Rothfield, Wilson and Hadley attack those who work for rival media organisations just for the sake of it. How childish is that?

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stop giving Drunkfield oxygen. News Limited will only do something about him when clicks on his articles stop. If everybody on the Kennel didn't click or comment on a Drunkfield article, Didn't listen to him on radio and if possible don't watch 360 when his on , he would be forced into retirement.
News hate Gus because his ARL stance during super league, new journos don't care

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here it is

Can't tell write from wrong

October 9, 2005 — 10.00am

Columnists such as Phil Rothfield, Rebecca Wilson and radio's Ray Hadley seem to have an obsession with discrediting me.

Their obsession is boring the pants off everybody.

I think Rothfield and Wilson place agendas and personal grievances above readers' needs for informative, accurate and unbiased reporting.

Rothfield has sledged me for more than a decade. His bitterness towards me has overtaken common sense and accuracy where my name is concerned. He is constantly wrong about me but that doesn't stop him backing up for another go. He has never contacted me to verify a story. He once sent me an abusive email. My email response must have hit the mark because he's never written to me again. These days he's just spitting into the wind. Every time he opens his mouth about me it blows right back in his face.

As for Rebecca Wilson?

Ha, ha, ha. Sorry. I can't even say her name without laughing. She must be trying to emulate Rothfield because her gossip column bears a striking resemblance to his style.

Despite constantly writing about me over the years, she has never had the courage to contact me to verify a story. Her stories about me have been inaccurate, exaggerated, embellished and misrepresentative. As far as I am concerned, it has been a vindictive, deliberate and sustained campaign.

It's all become so boring and her credibility has suffered so much that she must be close to giving it away and allowing someone else to write that gossip column.

And Ray Hadley? He often delivers vindictive attacks on individuals, sometimes targeting their very livelihood. Don't take my word for it. Ask people such as Brian Smith, Paul Vautin, Peter Sterling, John Gibbs and Andrew Voss. He, too, has never had the courage to phone me to verify a story before shooting off his mouth. I wonder why?

Like Rothfield, Hadley is extremely thin-skinned. They dish it out but can't take it.

Recently this troika has targeted my role at the Roosters. They are up in arms that I didn't attend a couple of club functions. So what? What's it got to do with them anyway? By saying I didn't turn up they are suggesting I was expected to attend these occasions but didn't show. That's totally incorrect.

For the record: I've attended less than a handful of club functions in the past six years. I also don't attend Dally M awards, season launches, grand final breakfasts, book launches and cocktail parties. I gave up going to these dos when I retired from coaching six years ago.

They also thought they had a big story when they heard I was invited to talk to Dragons players at a dinner before their final against Wests Tigers. So bloody what? I'm invited to talk to many sporting bodies, teams, clubs, junior leagues, business seminars, individuals and charities. I do as many as I can.

Footballers like to help each other. Rugby league is not like the media where people like Rothfield, Wilson and Hadley attack those who work for rival media organisations just for the sake of it. How childish is that?

Wilson has been long gone - taken at an early age. Hadley once admitted to me, live on air, that he actually likes the Bulldogs. So that leaves Rothfield out on his own. I guess he's making up for the other two.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No need for physical violence....you want to get even with the knt just piss in his bottle of scotch :grinning: Let his savor the taste :grinning:

Last edited: