Roosters doctor slams Cronulla facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Sydney Roosters doctor John Orchard launched an exceptional spray at Cronulla after struggling to treat several injured players during their 18-4 loss at Toyota Stadium on Sunday.

Centre Kane Linnett suffered a dislocated shoulder as he scored a try in the first half, while forward Tom Symonds and a Toyota Cup player both suffered compound fractures that needed treatment.

But Orchard, who addressed the media unsolicited moments before the start of the Cronulla post-match conference, said he was unable to treat the players properly due to inadequate medical facilities.

"They were conditions that were far worse than Henson Park (where Newtown play in the NSW Cup)," Orchard said.

"It's not up to NRL standard and someone needs to do something about it.

"It is unbelievable that you can have a professional sport where they don't have a medical room to treat players in the away change room.

"We're not happy about it. It needs to be addressed because it's not up to what's needed in professional sport."

Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce said it was unacceptable to have facilities that didn't offer a medical room for visiting teams, and said he expected the NRL to look into it during the week.

Cronulla football manager Darren Mooney was unaware of the drama when asked after the game.

"That's the first I've heard of that. No other club has complained about our medical facilities in my time here so I'll investigate that during the week," Mooney said.

http://www.nrl.com/roosters-doctor-...spx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not everyone gets several grants for stadiums like the Merge

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaah, that's why they lost! It was the facilities' fault.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aaah, that's why they lost! It was the facilities' fault.

Who said he was blaming the loss on that? As a professional in that environment, I'm sure he knows what is of the right standard and what is not.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Who said he was blaming the loss on that? As a professional in that environment, I'm sure he knows what is of the right standard and what is not.
no club has complained about anything like that at shark park.

but the fact is they do have medical facilities available there just behind the ET stand

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
another step closer for the sharkies move to Adelaide.....

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, the sooner they move to Adelaide the better for everyone including the Sharks. It has to be just a matter of time now

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Tom Symonds breaks every time he steps on the park. Instead of heading to the ground with the team they should just chuck him on a bus straight to the hospital and save a bunch of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.