Rookie kenneler aboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiesfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thats me. I'm Charlie. I'm 17 turning 18 on September 10. I've been a Dogs fan since 2000 which was probably one of the worst years we've had in our history so you can't call me a bandwagonner. I haven't been going for them for as long as most but I share just as much passion and that premiership in 2004 meant a hell of a lot to me.

I'm really into the stats. Just looking themup and then posting them. Hopefully people can find some of them interesting. My favourite player would have to be Reni Maitua. A hard hole runner which is what I love watching.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
interesting

first guy i know who got attracted to this club VIA our year 2000 season:p

welcome!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome champ.

Hopefully you will have many more Premierships to celebrate in the coming years...

Doggiesfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
interesting

first guy i know who got attracted to this club VIA our year 2000 season:p

welcome!
I wasn't really attracted to the club in the 2000 season. I remember the 1999 GF was my first full game of footy that I watched- before that I had seen bits here and there and Friday nights and Sunday afternoons. Well, what a game that was to be your first game ever. If you want to turn someone into a League fan, that would be the game. I started following footy from then on (too bad it was the end of the season :( ) and I chose the Bulldogs because my dad goes for them.

In 2000 I wasn't really that serious. We came about 4th last but it didn't bother me. Then in 2001 I was a bit more serious. I remember a friend that lived down the road came over to my house on that day. Finals footy wasn't live those days so he knew the match was pretty much over as a contest by listening to it on the radio. He wanted to go to the park with me so he was like "first try wins this game". I was watching for about 5 minutes before Cronulla scored. If someone told me that sort of info before a game I'd kill them!

In 2002 I was as serious as anyone here about the club. I was shattered by the salary cap dramas. I remember going to the Brisbane game in round 26. That game was honestly right up there with the GF as Bulldogs highlights. I remember being on the hill that game and crying after the game because we won when we didn't have any motivation to win. That was brilliant. 25-18.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome to the kennel champ :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.