BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you post the article? i dont subcribe to news websites

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a/news-story/4d573bf5305ddcad6a329455f2a26bd4

As i had mentioned numerous times to quite a few know it all's Rona wont be with us next year
I'm not saying you're wrong or anything (and you probably know a lot more than i ever will).... but this article doesn't relly say much.

People do get homesick for Perth - its greatest weakness (isolation) is probably also its greatest strength. I have cousins over there, and they wouldn't live anywhere else (after trying for a few years "over east").

I do wonder how much SoO has to do with it? The NRL wants to grow the game outside NSW/QLD, even playing a game in Perth, but a player from there can't play in the game's showcase?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
this article i agree is terrible my point is he has been looking for this move since early May and if we secured Brenko Lee before june 30 he would already be there

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you post the article? i dont subcribe to news websites
here is is:

AFTER a week from hell, the tide is set to turn for the Western Force.

We hear they are closing in on the signing of Bulldogs NRL try-scoring sensation Curtis Rona.

The high-profile coup would give the Force a much-needed boost after the drunken controversy in South Africa and poor performances of 2016.

Rona was being mentioned as a contender for the Queensland State of Origin side last year after he broke through as one of league’s best finishers, but then discovered that he was not eligible to play in the code’s showpiece event because he’d spent 12 years of his childhood in Western Australia.

Rona played for the Wanneroo district rugby club and was in the Force’s academy before he switched to league fulltime in 2009.

He made his NRL debut in 2014 for North Queensland, scoring six tries in seven games, before switching to the Bulldogs, for who he’s scored 34 tries in 42 games.
Rona’s wife Jacinta also hails from Perth and it’s understood the couple have a home there and are keen to move back with their daughter.

Tellingly, the Bulldogs are now chasing Canberra winger Brenko Lee as a potential replacement for Rona.

Also boosting the Force roster will be Reds lock Ben Matwijow, who will join the franchise after a stint in the ITM Cup with Taranaki.

It might also be reported on foxsports or news.com.au (both free and seem to run the same stories at the Tele/Courier Mail

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
this article i agree is terrible my point is he has been looking for this move since early May and if we secured Brenko Lee before june 30 he would already be there
That was kind of the point of my comment too (about not shooting you down)... :grinning:

If he does miss Perth, then the Force at least provided him an opportunity to earn a decent living over there. If an NRL Club popped up there in a few years, that would also probably be a threat.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Force must be paying megabucks if this is true...they're garbage

Didn't he recently buy a house in Sydney?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'll take this with a grain of salt, but for him to leave a successful team, and being on good form (tries all the time) it must be a pretty substantive offer!

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I'll take this with a grain of salt, but for him to leave a successful team, and being on good form (tries all the time) it must be a pretty substantive offer!
and to the Force...the worst Australian team hahaha

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he leaves and we re-sign Perrett il need to sniff fuel

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That was last week's article

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way he's playing it doesn't look like he wants to go anywhere

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you leave the Dogs to play for a crappy Super Rugby team? They are in financial trouble atm so it isn't like they have a lot of money to throw around. His international chances are probably better with us too. Good luck getting into that All Blacks line up

Status
Not open for further replies.