Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
i dont see what people see in keating tbh
I'll tell you what I see in Keating...

I see the following in Keating.....

Don't see anything?? Oh that's because I really don't see anything in him.

He supports well, and he's got some nice footwork, but he never goes looking for the ball, rarely touches it, and never gives service to our back line. Even in City/Country game he was an absolute pedestrian.

Sure Roberts f**ked up at times, but at least he was doing something.

May as well have two witches hats/traffic cones as our halves combination. It'd be just as effective.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury players shouldn't go to certain clubs for some reason, Parra and Knights are two of them, it just doesn't seem proper.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year if someone said we are swapping Roberts for Keating you would of told them to piss off, it's not all Keatings fault but last year wasn't all Roberts fault either.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Roberts will kill it next year, you heard it hear first!

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i reckon reddy isnt a bad player, at least he has a go. i dont know if we need him though.
he does play with enthusiasm and passion. i think were trying to recruit players with the will to win. maybe thats what lacked in roberts game.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reddy and goodwin are nsw cup players at best.

What a joke if we sign reddy. I will be pissed if he starts over lafai. Superpissed infact

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we need a center with aggression and one who looks to get involved in the game, no more tame and timid centers

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I see in Keating...

I see the following in Keating.....

Don't see anything?? Oh that's because I really don't see anything in him.

He supports well, and he's got some nice footwork, but he never goes looking for the ball, rarely touches it, and never gives service to our back line. Even in City/Country game he was an absolute pedestrian.

Sure Roberts f**ked up at times, but at least he was doing something.

May as well have two witches hats/traffic cones as our halves combination. It'd be just as effective.
Amen brother. Roberts>>Keating. I dont care who hates what I say. Atleast I'm not naive enough to deny the truth. :grinning:

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Amen brother. Roberts>>Keating. I dont care who hates what I say. Atleast I'm not naive enough to deny the truth. :grinning:
I'm backing yous up too. I've been saying this ever since we started the season...we have 2 defensive halves that have no control of the game. and our idiotic coaches don't seem to understand that. Roberts is going to leave and become a force to be reckoned with once he secures a position. All this talk about the team gelling etc, thats true, but your team cant gel if the halves dont show us what they can do. or if they have already showed us what they can do, then basically it isn't good enough. /rant

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anchorman, Roberts doesn't exactly 'control' a game either. I want him in the side somewhere, but I wouldn't go as far as making a point against our halves of not being controlling enough when we are discussing whether Roberts should replace one of them.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
when people say roberts had his chance

2006 he debuted and played a couple games from memory he won us a game in extra time against the warriors and played in the centers aswell
2007 he was average
2008 the whole team was **** before and after sbw dilemma
2009 had a great year
2010 injured most of the season

where was his real chance

all i know is roberts was killing it in nsw cup

btw how much did eels sign him for 400k?

and against the dragons if he played last 25-30 mins
the game would have been a whole different result and morris could have been effective for once this season

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to see Roberts have a chance in FG. We miss that spark down the left side and massively overplay to Idris.
At the start of the year I didn't care too much who got the 5/8th spot, but I don't think Keating has done anything to suggest he is automatically chosen. Throw the 6 jersey to Roberts and give him a crack.
I basically though Roberts would be at 6, Keating on the bench to cover for injuries in the backs, or come on for Ennis. Keating has been good at backing up, but other than that he hasn't done a great deal to excite me.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I told myself for three days "Dont go in that thread !" ....

Now that I've read it (I was waiting for it to die of natural causes but it wont), I've had to tell myself repeatedly that "nobody" thinks before posting.

This is one of those threads where I wish I kept records of fail-posts, and collected them for an end-of-year fail-a-thon !

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I told myself for three days "Dont go in that thread !" ....

Now that I've read it (I was waiting for it to die of natural causes but it wont), I've had to tell myself repeatedly that "nobody" thinks before posting.

This is one of those threads where I wish I kept records of fail-posts, and collected them for an end-of-year fail-a-thon !
cr@p post ck, for a guy of your stature on the kennel. You know as well as anyone that the Kennel and any other forum is a place for people to express their opinions and discuss topics.
And so far that is all that anyone has done on this thread.
If they get proven wrong 6 months time who cares mate, its not about being right, its about everyone expressing their individual thoughts,
As a moderator I expect better from you.

Rant over,

I look forward to your witty reply, I know you will put me on my @ss LOL

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
cr@p post ck, for a guy of your stature on the kennel. You know as well as anyone that the Kennel and any other forum is a place for people to express their opinions and discuss topics.
And so far that is all that anyone has done on this thread.
If they get proven wrong 6 months time who cares mate, its not about being right, its about everyone expressing their individual thoughts,
As a moderator I expect better from you.

Rant over,

I look forward to your witty reply, I know you will put me on my @ss LOL
I am no longer moderator .... How's your ass feelin now ?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
just dont like the fact that roberts hasnt been given a fair chance to prove his case this season

Status
Not open for further replies.