Robbie Farah got call 24 hours early

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE by Josh Massoud

May 29, 2009 12:00am

CONTRARY to popular opinion, the first man picked for NSW wasn't new skipper Kurt Gidley. Nor was it Jarryd Hayne or Paul Gallen - the two other survivors from 12 months ago.

The first man picked for NSW was hooker Robbie Farah.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Farah learned of his place in the side 24 hours before Monday night's official announcement. Blues coach Craig Bellamy confirmed he rang the Tigers rake on Sunday night to break the news. Assistant coach Andrew Johns then followed with a phone call of his own for a preliminary brainstorming session with the Origin debutant.

Farah was the only NSW player to be given a heads-up, with his 16 teammates left to wait for selection chair Bob McCarthy's announcement at 7:45pm Monday night.

Bellamy was surprised when approached for comment about Farah's early notice.

"How did you find that out?" Bellamy asked. "I rang him early because he's the hooker and a big part of what we are doing. There was nothing more to it than that."

When pressed, Bellamy continued: "We wanted to get our game plans organised and get Robbie's ideas on that as soon as possible. We discussed quite a few things.

"I wanted to know what he thought would be effective. It gave us the ability to come straight (into camp) and start on our game plan."

Bellamy's phone call is a reflection of Farah's significance to his game plan. The hooker won many admirers after he combined superbly with halfback Peter Wallace for City this month.

That performance won Farah the Blues jersey over rival Michael Ennis after the pair had engaged in a fascinating battle to succeed Blues great Danny Buderus.

Farah was also taken aback when asked about Bellamy's phone call. "Craig told me on Sunday night, which was good because my parents were with me and we got to celebrate there and then," he said.

"Joey also called to talk about some tactics."

NSW management is sensitive about the issue of selection leaks after a television station broadcast the team two hours before the scheduled announcement.

But NSWRL chief executive Geoff Carr said he had no problems with Farah being tipped off early.

"The fact Robbie was the only player called shows that this was not the source of the television leak," Carr said.

"It's something coaches will do - although seldomly.

"There's a desire to get some intuition on a player's response to selection and I've got no doubt Robbie ticked all the boxes during their conversation."

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO first men picked should have been Erin Glornlerl and Pyjamas Marsh.

Too good for Origin though.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Farah>>>>>>>>>>>>LMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorrell

lol Gorrell

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Farah>>>>>>>>>>>>LMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorrell

lol Gorrell
BULLSHT!

Grlornelrl is the best Hooker to have ever played the game. Pyjamas Marsh is the second best.

It was a stroke of genius to let Ennis go and sign Glanrel IMO.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
BULLSHT!

Grlornelrl is the best Hooker to have ever played the game. Pyjamas Marsh is the second best.

It was a stroke of genius to let Ennis go and sign Glanrel IMO.

Watch the bloodnut Wallace get flicked for game 2 as well...

lol pigbenis

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farah>>>>>>>>>>>>LMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorrell

lol Gorrell
NO NO NO! Gorrell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ROFLCOPTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Farah>>>>>>>>>>>>LMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ennis

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NO NO NO! Gorrell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ROFLCOPTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Farah>>>>>>>>>>>>LMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gorrell
No. No. No.

Glanrenlel *insert numerous greater than symbols here* everyone on this planet.

The more greater than symbols the use. The better I look.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a meh article tbh.

PS. I love your Sig KE. Plenty of truth behind your Roosters sig. How did you spot that out? :p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a meh article tbh.

PS. I love your Sig KE. Plenty of truth behind your Roosters sig. How did you spot that out? :p
LOL. It's there for all to see. :p

PS: Forgot to add a tonne of greater than symbols. Am I still a mad c-nt? Nah, I guess only people who add a trillion greater than symbols are considered to be mad c-nts.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just because he was the first called doesn't mean he was the first picked.

F**k Josh Massoud is an idiot.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, that Kurt Gidley, the NSW Captain and the guy the whole team is based around, was the first player chosen? And maybe Farah was spoken to "first" because Bellamy etc had already been in contact with Gidley (who had his position locked in months ago) a few times already?

And did he think that no one gives a flying f**k and that Massoud is just writing this rubbish article, making something up out of nothing?

F**k these articles and f**k this tabloid jornalism BS.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Quite clear the game plan is goign to revolve around attacking the QLD forwards up the middle.

Also makes sense as to why they picked Craig wing off the bench too.

Price and Civoneciva are going to struggle to tighten up that A and B defender spot.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is meant to rub into Ennis or something???

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
First contacted does not mean first selected, etc.

Telecrap out does itself.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was automatic selection as soon as Buderus got on the plane.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not surprised....robbie is a great player and if thats what the management wants to do who cares. they run there team, not anyone else

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
[DoGgIeS FaN];1788817 said:
do the players that unlucky miss out get a call too??
Very rare, Prince got a call last year when he wasn't selected for AUS squad to explain why he wasn't, but that's only in rare cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.