Rnd 1 Bulldogs v Wests Tigers discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very pleased with that startiing side. So happy to see the youngsters get a go.

And that bench is dangerous!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also Ben Roberts needs a kick up the ass. Maybe starting from the bench will inspire him to think a little more
Exactly!

This can only help improve Roberts' game. If this doesn't fire him up to perform, nothing ever will. So all the Roberts-grievers need not despair.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um is it just me or are we way too small in the front row? 1 prop on the bench and 3 second rowers?
Yeah, just what I was thinking.

Although Payne can play prop/2nd row.

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
foster is a beast. hes in my dream team for sure. lol

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very surprised that Kasiano and Foster are starting. Also thought Roberts start ahead of Keating but still happy with the team.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stoked, happy to see Keating start. Were going into the game under dogs... the way we love it

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Roberts should have started. Pritchard must still be getting over his knee or not quite have match fitness. Roberts will get a chance hopefully after about 25 min with Pritchard and blow away the tigers right side defence. I am thinking we are a strong chance to put a heap of points on the tigers. Need to belt there smaller forward pack early, play good field position.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also awesome bench. Huge impact. It'll be even better when Eastwood's back.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love the side but what I would do to have Eastwood there over Payne for this game.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
no this was the right choice. Keating doesnt have regular brain snaps. Played better in the trials also.

Roberts will have 1 MOTM performance so he can get a new contract

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
A total of five new Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will be unveiled as the Club kicks off its 2011 NRL campaign against the Wests Tigers in front of what is expected to be a bumper crowd at ANZ Stadium on Monday night.

As the Bulldogs Membership total passed the 2010 mark of 12,000 today, head coach Kevin Moore named Trent Hodkinson, Kris Keating, Aiden Tolman, Sam Kasiano and Frank Pritchard in his 17 to tackle the Tigers.

Hodkinson, Keating, Tolman and Kasiano will start the match, while Kiwi international Frank Pritchard will enter his first competition game in blue and white from the interchange bench.

Moore said finalising his squad for round one was a difficult task.

“I’ve been really impressed with the application shown throughout pre-season and the trial phase of our preparation and every player has earned his spot this week,” Moore said.

“This is a side that has been picked on form. It’s got a nice blend of youth and experience and I’m excited to see them play in front of what we expect will be a big crowd on Monday night.”

Captain Andrew Ryan will make his first appearance for 2011 in the second row alongside Jake Foster, another player who impressed in the Bulldogs three trial matches after making his NRL debut midway through last season.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
What a great team to start the year with. They definitely won't be at 100% on Monday night as they will need time to gel but the youth and enthusiasm will definitely be there.

The one thing in this team that I love is that it seems potential they have as a team is endless. With all the youth and speed we've got, and with Roberts on the bench, I just feel as though are attack will not only be up tempo, but it will also be very flambouyant and creative. Add Barba at Fullback with his blistering pace and roaming ability around Foster, Idris, Pritchard, Kasiano and Tolman, we could potentially be in for a very very exciting season.

I think Foster and Barba can build a great connection together. Anyone remember the time they played together and Foster gave two fantastic offloads to Barba and with one of them was for a try?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
once fit pritchard should be starting over ryan. Then drop 1 of ryan or payne when beatwood is fit

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Kevin Moore mentions Tim Browne and Greg Eastwood to return within the first month of footy, expect changes to this side in a few weeks time.

Notable Omission; No Gary Warburton No !

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
What a great team to start the year with. They definitely won't be at 100% on Monday night as they will need time to gel but the youth and enthusiasm will definitely be there.

The one thing in this team that I love is that it seems potential they have as a team is endless. With all the youth and speed we've got, and with Roberts on the bench, I just feel as though are attack will not only be up tempo, but it will also be very flambouyant and creative. Add Barba at Fullback with his blistering pace and roaming ability around Foster, Idris, Pritchard, Kasiano and Tolman, we could potentially be in for a very very exciting season.

I think Foster and Barba can build a great connection together. Anyone remember the time they played together and Foster gave two fantastic offloads to Barba and with one of them was for a try?
Jizz, this i remember. Monday night game against Penrith last year. Only a few positives coming out of that much was the debut of Foster !

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watched the team involved in a fitness training session a couple of months ago. I know it was just one session and only one aspect of the game, however, Keating was looked alot fitter than Roberts. The fittest one there was Ennis. I was also impressed with Michael Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.