Rlw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading through the letters in this weeks RLW there is one by a bloke named Matthew from Port Macquarie...would this person happen to be our very own A.A.D?

Btw, i agree with the letter.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was he good enough like another Dogs supporter on here to get letter of the week ? ;)

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IN response to Paul Jones' letter in Your Shout last week, I would like to point out a few facts.
The Bulldogs are a club renowned for producing great talent or buying young recruits and turning them into rep players.
You mentioned that the Bulldogs bought Andrew Ryan, Luke Patten, Daryl Millard, Braith Anasta and Mark O'Meley but what you failed to mention is that all those players were bought early in their careers.
Andrew Ryan was our last big-name signing and he was bought after only one Origin game and we developed him into something bigger than he was at Parramatta - an international.
The other players you mentioned had only played a handful of first-grade games before joining the Bulldogs and we have turned them into internationals (excluding Patten and Millard).

H

Haztrick

Yeah it was me. I didn't even realise I had been included in the letters section until I read it.

The bloke I was referring to said that we take all the Dragons players and that if we (Dogs fans) want to whinge about loosing guys like Price, O'Meley etc than we should think about the players we've brought (Patten, Anasta etc) :rolleyes:

The full letter I sent them is actually got more to it, but they obviously edited it. The full letter is:

In response to Paul Jones, who was the letter of the week winner in the May 16th edition of RLW, I would like to point out a few facts. The Bulldogs are a club that are known for producing great talent or buying young and producing internationals and rep players. You have mentioned that the Bulldogs brought Andrew Ryan, Luke Patten, Daryl Millard, Braith Anasta and Mark O'Meley but what you failed to mention is a very important point. All of those players where brought early in their careers. Andrew Ryan was our last big name signing and he was brought after only 1 Origin game and we developed him into something bigger than he was at Parramatta- an International. The other players you mentioned had only played a handful of First Grade games before joining the Bulldogs and we have turned them into the internationals that they are today (excluding Patten and Millard)

So I ask you this. Simply get your facts right before complaining that Bulldogs fans have to sit through the heart aches of loosing another one of our developed internationals because of a ridiculous salary cap and that if you are going to accuse us of buying players from other clubs, realise that we don't buy already developed international or rep players - we buy young and make them.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly...who were Asotasi/SBW/Maitua etc. before we got our hands on them.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im going to do somethign i thought i would have never done

**stands and applaudes AAD**

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
good reply, but and no doubt that fan is a little misguided, to be fair St.George dont buy too many established players either, they suffer an even worse fate than the Dogs when you look at it becuase most of their talent comes from their massive junior pool so have been developed over an even longer period of time.

If he wanted to have a shot at a club that buys proven talen without the view of developing players he should look at the Roosters.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% agree with your letter!
we havent bought a big name player in such a long time.. and develop our players into huge names

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons, Storm, Broncos and Bulldogs don't usually buy big name signings...atleast not in recent years...

Which does explain why these were the final 4 last year...Their team is loyal and many of them stick together for years to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.