RIP Maradona

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I remember during the 2018 World Cup, a game that Argentina won, Maradona was shown yelling at someone at sticking his fingers up at them, not giving a rats arse about anyone or anything :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Absolutely love the guy, larger than life.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What an amazing player he was. He made things that were very difficult look easy and things that appeared impossible seem possible. I was watching some highlight videos of his skills on YouTube recently , it was like he had the ball on a string. His ball control was just astonishing. He dominated all oppositions at will the same way people like Jordan or Tiger woods or even Bradman did
Did you see how he used to train with his shoes un-tied? That was to help him keep balance and learn not to trip over.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Words from the man himself in a 2014 interview on Argentina's Tyc Sports..

"I gave my opponents a big advantage due to my illness. Do you know the player I could have been if I hadn't taken drugs?"
"I am 53 going on 78 because my life hasn't been normal. I've lived 80 [years] with the life I've gone through."
Of course he’d say that though lol. Fact is what he was taking, increased his mental sharpness and performance. You know people take it as “pre workouts”. Not coz it’s “cool” coz it’s actually performance enhancing. Either way, he was a great player, I laugh at how soccer has gone from a great like him to a walking and a kick every now and then Ronaldo as a great. I’ve only seen ronaldo play for Portugal during the world cups and he just got waits for his peasant team mates to pass him the ball for a shot at goal lol.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The response globally to Diego's death has shown how much one sportsman has touched people's lives.

What a man

GOAT

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course he’d say that though lol. Fact is what he was taking, increased his mental sharpness and performance. You know people take it as “pre workouts”. Not coz it’s “cool” coz it’s actually performance enhancing. Either way, he was a great player, I laugh at how soccer has gone from a great like him to a walking and a kick every now and then Ronaldo as a great. I’ve only seen ronaldo play for Portugal during the world cups and he just got waits for his peasant team mates to pass him the ball for a shot at goal lol.
There is only 1 real Ronaldo
images.jpeg-63.jpg

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep..I dare say though eventually it’s got to have some effect on his body..as apparently too much can cause eyesight problems, high blood pressure etc..I totally agree with your point though, about performance enhancing..That’s why I think Andrew John’s should be reaccessed in terms of his immortal status.. What do you think about Johns?

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep..I dare say though eventually it’s got to have some effect on his body..as apparently too much can cause eyesight problems, high blood pressure etc..I totally agree with your point though, about performance enhancing..That’s why I think Andrew John’s should be reaccessed in terms of his immortal status.. What do you think about Johns?
One hundred percent it’ll have detrimental affects in the long run. What do I think about johns? I don’t really know, as maradona is still immortalised in soccer isn’t he? Or was he stripped once found out he was doing bug breathe ins before matches?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One hundred percent it’ll have detrimental affects in the long run. What do I think about johns? I don’t really know, as maradona is still immortalised in soccer isn’t he? Or was he stripped once found out he was doing bug breathe ins before matches?
See Johns’ drug use was covered up by his club..but again I know what you mean..

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of a 2012 Ben Barba but in a world game on the world stage for an entire career and in retirement