RIP Kimbo Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...n/news-story/68b77401588fb869a051a160f0e8798f

MMA fighter Kimbo Slice has died in Florida hospital, according to his team
June 7, 20161:57pm

Kimbo Slice in his last fight for Bellator MMA against Dhafir Harris.

STREET-fighting legend Kimbo Slice has died after being rushed to a Florida hospital, according to his team.

American Top Team — the facility where Slice trained out of in Coconut Creek, Florida, posted a tweet that said the fighter passed away after he was admitted to hospital on Tuesday.

He was 42 years old.

The ATT Family and South Florida community lost a legend today. RIP Kimbo. pic.twitter.com/sjs8ctyJMd

— American Top Team (@AmericanTopTeam) June 7, 2016

According to a report by TMZ, Slice, real name Kevin Ferguson, was taken from his home in Coral Springs by emergency services before being admitted into care.

It is currently unclear as to the reason for Ferguson’s lapse in health, however some reports indicate a possible heart attack.

Bellator MMA President Scott Coker released a statement on Tuesday afternoon, confirming Ferguson’s death and offering a kind tribute to the fighter.

“We are all shocked and saddened by the devastating and untimely loss of Kimbo Slice, a beloved member of the Bellator family,” Coker wrote.

“One of the most popular MMA fighters ever, Kimbo was a charismatic, larger-than-life personality that transcended the sport.

“Outside of the cage he was a friendly, gentle giant and a devoted family man. His loss leaves us all with extremely heavy hearts, and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Ferguson family and all of Kimbo’s friends, fans, and teammates.”

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
His original "streetfights" on YouTube were the stuff of legend.

Never really kicked on in UFC though, which was a shame.

RIP.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank God I thought you were talking about one our TK members

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Gonna miss Kimbo.

The most lethal bare-knuckle fist fighter I'd seen in a long time!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gonna miss Kimbo.

The most lethal bare-knuckle fist fighter I'd seen in a long time!

exactly what i thought.

never knew he was a fighter too...lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
First Ali and now Kimbo..

Things always happen in 3's... I wonder who is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.