Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody Loves Raymond star Doris Roberts dead
7 minutes ago
Nick Bondnews.com.au

TMZ reports. She’s survived by her son, Michael Cannata Jr, from her first marriage. Her second husband, William Goyen, died in 1983.

Roberts (far right) with the Everybody Loves Raymond cast.
.Roberts’ career began in 1952, and spanned dozens of films and television shows, including appearances on Remington Steele, Cagney & Lacey and an Emmy-winning guest role on primetime drama St. Elsewhere. However, it wasn’t until the age of 70 that her career truly blossomed, with her hilarious, decade-long role as Ray Romano’s difficult, demanding mother in Everybody Loves Raymond.

Her film credits included Grandma’s Boy, Keeping Up With the Steins and The Taking of Pelham One Two Three.

Doris currently has two movies in post-production - The Red Maple Leaf and Old Soldiers.

Roberts’ Raymond castmate Patricia Heaton, who played her long-suffering daughter-in-law on the show, paid tribute this morning, saying her death marked the “end of an era.”

“Doris Roberts was a consumate professional from whom I learned so much,” Heaton wrote.

“She was funny and tough and loved life, living it to the fullest. Nothing gave her greater joy than her three grandchildren, of whom she was so proud. It truly was a privelige Doris. I love you and I miss you.”

Sad loss and as a tribute I will be watching Everybody loves Raymond tonight. She was one of my favourite Characters too :(

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure is "end of an era". She had that natural comedy about her. She brought Everybody Loves Raymond to life.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember that episode when Robert was trying to apply for the FBI, she pulled off the crazy mum so well.

God rest her soul.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite was when she took the sculpting class and made that sculpture for Ray and it looked like something naughty that Frank fell in love with LOL.

May she RIP :(

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both parents gone now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had to wiki her lol
She's 99
Ive got a sick obsession for waiting for her to die it started years ago lol the old **** has one leg and is bed ridden and cant move .but its still alive

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Her character on ELR always reminded me of a good mate's mum - from the shirts to the perm to the always fussing over her two sons!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So sad. She's was such a great actress. She was the kind of actress you knew was good when her character seemed so real. Whenever you hate a character, it shows the actor behind it is doing a good job.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I'm top of the table in my death pool now. Second pick in the last week. R.I.P though.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ive got a sick obsession for waiting for her to die it started years ago lol the old **** has one leg and is bed ridden and cant move .but its still alive
Found this photo of her. So sad. She was a very beautiful woman in her hey day as a star of TV and film. Saw in an article in 2014 that she was on her death bed, still hanging in there.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Such a very talented actress. Just another chapter closed on great women of TV and Film. Won quite a few Emmy awards. Marie Barone what a great character....

Marie Barone: I said to Frank, "Frank, when I come home, make sure you are the only ugly thing left in this house.""
Everybody Loves Raymond - 2003

Marie Barone: Oh, I am surprised, Raymond. You're supposed to think of your mother before sex."
Everybody Loves Raymond - 2004

"[Ray buys Deborah a sex game]
Marie Barone: Another sex game? Didn't you have enough with that other sex game you and Robert used to play all the time when you were kids?
Ray Barone: What?
Marie Barone: You know, the one with all the colored dots...
Ray Barone: TWISTER?

"

Everybody Loves Raymond - 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.