Ricky Martin confirms he is gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...nfirms-he-is-gay/story-e6frfmqi-1225847279381

RICKY Martin has confirmed rumours that he is gay, announcing on his website today that he is a "fortunate homosexual man" who is "very blessed to be who I am."

Though speculation raged for years about the 38-year-old Latino singer’s flamboyant dance moves - always performed with beautiful female partners - Martin said he decided to come out to the world after beginning his memoirs and realising his sexual orientation was “something worth celebrating”.

The Shake your Bon Bon singer, a father of twin boys from a surrogate mother, said the announcement on his website brought him happiness he never felt before.

"Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment,” he wrote.

“These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn’t even know existed.”

In a 1999 interview with Rolling Stone, Martin danced around the question of his sexuality.

"You can think whatever you want. I know what I am, my beliefs, what I like and don’t like," he said, noting that he had a girlfriend in the past.

"This is show business. It’s a lot of fantasy," he said.

In an interview with Barbara Walters in 2000, he was again pushed to reveal his sexuality - an interview that Walters said she regrets.

"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was," she told The Toronto Star. "A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now, I feel it was an inappropriate question."

During the interview, Walters tells him, "You know, you could stop these rumors. You could say, as many artists have, 'Yes I am gay,' or you could say, 'No I'm not,' or you could leave it, as you are, ambiguous. I don't want to put you on the spot, but it's in your power to do it."

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bad luck ladies.

I for one am dissapointed, always thought he was a mans man not a mans man :(

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL everyone knew he was gay a long time ago.

Even though he never admitted it, he never denied it and that was his way of saying "yes but mind your own business"

There will be a lot of spilt milk in the kitchen from all the females after this news lol

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I knew this in 1997.

Are there still women in this much denial ?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he did say he was Bisexual back in the day, now he is just homosexual. I suppose good on him for coming out.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
This is news? lol I thought everyone knew lol.

Oh well. Good on him to coming out officially <3

S

Squiz Ninja

Wow, Grass is green and Ricky Martin is gay, 2 massive revelations in one day!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i thought he died in 911

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH MY GOD! :(

I always knew it. But I didn't want to accept it.

I wonder why it took him so long to come out....fear of ruining his career since most of it involved talking about women? Pft honey, your career ended in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.