Reynolds to hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
We don't have a choice. We are offering no threat from dummy half at the moment.

Penrith will beat us next week if we don't change our structure.

If we get Foran next season, that would be the logical move. We just don't have enough creativity in attack.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I love the idea of Reynolds at hooker. I think that's his best spot. I watched an old game from 2011 and he came off the bench and in at hooker, he changed the game for us with his runs and ability to put the opposition on the back foot with his darts.
Something we are seriously lacking.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we all know by now, Des doesn't like change, reminds me of a two year old trying to put a square block in a round hole, except the two year old eventually gets it right! Unfortunately Des still can't figure it out!

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Totally agree. We need that spark from dummy half. Right now, we have no threat from dummy half.Opposing teams are not threatened from our current hooker. Reynolds can kick, run, pass - anything goes with Reynolds

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds can't tackle. At hooker, he'd be forced to make about 40 tackles/game, 20 of those he'd miss.

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think there is place for Reynolds at hooker.Honestly, he is a good player but he isn't getting the support from Moses
Lichaa is just not up for it yet. He is young and needs a few more years. He is offers nothing in attack

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
True. I would think Reynolds would play the dummy half role in attack and play out wide in defence.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds too Hooker is ridiculous he misses 6 tackles a game now ,if Souths are getting Farah we should be getting cook back problem solved

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds is our most under valued player, used properly say in the hooker role he'll be a revelation. A cook style player

I love this idea OP

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said it for a long time now, Reynolds should come on when Kas comes on, 20-25 minutes in and dominate. Lichaa can just tackle for the first 20 then bring on Reynolds til half time, repeat in the second.
It's got to be better than anything we have dished up to date.

In JG rumours, I would not at all be surprised if he pulls the plug at seasons end. I think he looks like a guy who has had enough of this structure.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't have a choice. We are offering no threat from dummy half at the moment.

Penrith will beat us next week if we don't change our structure.

If we get Foran next season, that would be the logical move. We just don't have enough creativity in attack.
So take our best attacking weapon, move him out of position where he will be less effective?

Sounds like Des

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have heard Andrew Bobcat Ryan says a few times that Reynolds would make a better hooker than 5/8 and he would be a better judge than anyone of us. Defending in the middle is different compared to out wider as you can become isolated and thats when he does miss a few tackles.

I recall him coming into first grade and he replaced Ennis for a game against the raiders and I thought at the time this guy is a good dummy half, he played with aggression and passion.

We need to try something , I have never seen us struggle in attack like this before. We seem to have no idea on how to construct a try.
I keep on hoping this is 2014 over again but some how I don't think so. It seems the players have had enough and there is no enthusiasm at all.Why would they , I would hate to play in a side that just runs one out all the time. Let them have fun and throw the ball around..........

Has Des lost the players group ??? Maybe there don't want to play for him anymore???

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure about Reynolds at Hooker only bevause of the defense requirement in that position.
No concern at all with his spark in attack.
My biggest concern is moving Mybe out of halfback.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds only gets found out in defence out wide because he is terrible at making decisions when to rush up or stay back. If he's in the middle I think he could handle it and actually give us some much needed line speed in defence. He can't be worse the Lichaa he has no line speed and can never finish off his tackles.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This idea isn't bad. It's obvious now Lichaa is another cleal/hasler mega flop. But if we get Foran I would be happier to see Reynolds and Lichaa at the Knights.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You serious??? You obviously don't watch closely enough
I love Reynolds, and I'd always have him in my side. Just not at hooker.
The only reason his missed tackle count, isn't in the 10's/game is because they don't count the times he rushes out of the line and tackles nothing.
Ren can never defend in the middle.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets pick garvey then. At least he has a kicking game and he has a bit of pace, he scored a good try backing up earlier this year against the tigers which I don't think Lichaa would have got anywhere near in support.

Status
Not open for further replies.