Reynolds response to Broncos loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Funny the same blokes crying that Ennis is going are killing Reynolds for a brain explosion..

Go back and watch the Ennis in the finals. One of the great brain eruptions of all time, in the finals, and he was captain.

Reynolds tries too hard and loses it. I can think of worse things.

We have some players I'd pay a million dollars to just to see them try too hard once.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like how he just says 'it happens that's footy'. It's like listening to an alcoholic who is in denial.

Halfback

Waterboy
Reaction score
Josh is a great player with a unique style, the closest to him who played in the last three decades was Cliff Lyons for Manly. Have no doubt Josh will mature to understand how best to harness his gifts as did Cliffy. Sometimes success, though deserved, comes too quickly and talent is drowned by attention. In my view, Josh needs to learn that a game is won over 80 minutes, it has to be crafted, effort has to be metered, contributions have to get team-oriented.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
“If anything I felt like I let the boys down. It’s hard, if the fans feel like I let them down then so be it."

So be it ??
Remorseless little fûcker ! YES you let the fans down !
We're the ones that pay, we're the ones who defend youse, were the ones who cop the shît.
While you and the boys, live in your little bubble, turn up to training and pretend that nothing's wrong.
Fûck off ! I used to like you. Now you disgust me.
Reynolds is a guy who will sign every last autograph and take every last pic. He's a guy who visits fans in his own time, without direction from the club, in hospital or where ever they need him to be. He's a guy who will personally make a phone call to a fan who is having a hard time to wish her a happy birthday, again without direction from the club and in his own time.

This is also the guy who donated his very first Origin jersey to Camp Quality, again without the direction of the club. All his own idea. He cares about the people he represents and you can tell he feels awful about it all in that video. He'll spend a very long time beating himself up over last night.

The fans are the ones copping shit? Like he hasn't been copping it hard the past 24 hours?? Watch that video again and tell me how you are seeing a guy who doesn't give a **** because we ain't watching the same video buddy.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
This guy was a favourite to you people a few weeks ago, let alone during Origin.

I understand people are shitty with him, myself included. But some of the comments are way, way over the top.

At least he's passionate and wants to win. His actions were not a result of him lacking enthusiasm. He's clearly trying too hard, and his greatest test was always going to be post-Origin. Not Origin itself.

I actually saw this coming from Reynolds and Hodko. People here wanted to throw the cheque book at Hodko and Reynolds and sign them up for life. But the greatest test was always about what they would take back to the club. It's a tough time they're going through and it's only just the beginning. Will be interesting to see how they react to all this adversity.

And before anybody tries to say anything, I'm as shitty as anybody else on this forum with Reynolds right now, believe me. He has let the club, players and fans down in a tremendous way.
Well said!!!

KALB NISS WATEE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
“If anything I felt like I let the boys down. It’s hard, if the fans feel like I let them down then so be it."

So be it ??
Remorseless little fûcker ! YES you let the fans down !
We're the ones that pay, we're the ones who defend youse, were the ones who cop the shît.
While you and the boys, live in your little bubble, turn up to training and pretend that nothing's wrong.
Fûck off ! I used to like you. Now you disgust me.
That's a little harsh Billy!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Don't listen to the words. Listen to the waivering in his voice, and the body language.

He is an idol to soo many kids out there wanting to grow up just like him. He knows (you can tell from his voice), that he is really, REALLY upset with himself. He knows he let his friends, his family, his fans, his idols, and his teammates down last night.

Personally I think perhaps we need to get someone at our club to organise for him to sit down and talk about things.

He's a young, eager bloke with a HUGE amount of heart and passion.

The ability and skill is there, but overshadowed somewhat by overplaying his hand too much.

On the flipside is the super mature Trent Hodkinson. Only a year older but far more cool, calm and collected.

If Reynolds can learn some of that calmness and coolness that Trent exudes, I think he'll be an even better player.

Maybe we need someone like Terry Lamb, El Masri or Mortimer (one of the club greats he would have looked up to) to have a chat with Reynolds.

This guy was a favourite to you people a few weeks ago, let alone during Origin.

I understand people are shitty with him, myself included. But some of the comments are way, way over the top.

At least he's passionate and wants to win. His actions were not a result of him lacking enthusiasm. He's clearly trying too hard, and his greatest test was always going to be post-Origin. Not Origin itself.

I actually saw this coming from Reynolds and Hodko. People here wanted to throw the cheque book at Hodko and Reynolds and sign them up for life. But the greatest test was always about what they would take back to the club. It's a tough time they're going through and it's only just the beginning. Will be interesting to see how they react to all this adversity.

And before anybody tries to say anything, I'm as shitty as anybody else on this forum with Reynolds right now, believe me. He has let the club, players and fans down in a tremendous way.
Brilliant post. Sadly can only thumb it up once.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny the same blokes crying that Ennis is going are killing Reynolds for a brain explosion..

Go back and watch the Ennis in the finals. One of the great brain eruptions of all time, in the finals, and he was captain.

Reynolds tries too hard and loses it. I can think of worse things.

We have some players I'd pay a million dollars to just to see them try too hard once.
Spot on BW, I cannot believe the anger shown towards Josh, Tony & Des, these people call themselves supporters FFS most of them would not have the balls to say anything like some of the things they have said..... to the faces of the people they are criticising!!
Josh Reynolds is a good young man, the kind of person and player most other clubs in the NRL would kill for, (ask Gus!!) why are our own supporters trying to crucify him?? our team is made up of 17 names each weekend, not 1,2 or 3 players. lets get rid of at least 6 of the currant Threads and start over FFS!! we all know where we have issues, Wingers and a FB, I believe the Wingers will be and have been sorted for 2015, FB I am sure Des and Ms Castle are addressing, they don't need us telling them that because I believe they have the intelligence to work that one out, you can only work with the tools one has at the moment.
Anyone visiting this site must be reading and laughing at most of the currant threads, I am giving this forum a rest for a while.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only thing I'm shitty about is that he is not goid enough.

All the passion in the world, won't disguise that. Unfortunately, he is in the wrong era.

Would have been perfect in the 70s & early 80s. His game is like Tommy Raudonikis, another player that had the same type of passion and more grubbiness, but lacked the skills of the Mortimers, Gibbs and Sterling. But geez he did well.

Wrong era for Grub.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Josh is a great player with a unique style, the closest to him who played in the last three decades was Cliff Lyons for Manly. Have no doubt Josh will mature to understand how best to harness his gifts as did Cliffy. Sometimes success, though deserved, comes too quickly and talent is drowned by attention. In my view, Josh needs to learn that a game is won over 80 minutes, it has to be crafted, effort has to be metered, contributions have to get team-oriented.
Disagree. Lyons was a great player. How on earth can you compare the 2?

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't listen to the words. Listen to the waivering in his voice, and the body language.

He is an idol to soo many kids out there wanting to grow up just like him. He knows (you can tell from his voice), that he is really, REALLY upset with himself. He knows he let his friends, his family, his fans, his idols, and his teammates down last night.

Personally I think perhaps we need to get someone at our club to organise for him to sit down and talk about things.

He's a young, eager bloke with a HUGE amount of heart and passion.

The ability and skill is there, but overshadowed somewhat by overplaying his hand too much.

On the flipside is the super mature Trent Hodkinson. Only a year older but far more cool, calm and collected.

If Reynolds can learn some of that calmness and coolness that Trent exudes, I think he'll be an even better player.

Maybe we need someone like Terry Lamb, El Masri or Mortimer (one of the club greats he would have looked up to) to have a chat with Reynolds.

Brilliant post. Sadly can only thumb it up once.
X2, great post

Status
Not open for further replies.