Reynolds on the outer at Bulldogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Are we alone in thinking that Josh Reynolds' call for a "second opinion" on his broken arm was highly curious? We can't recall a player publicly questioning his club's medical staff before. Reynolds has privately told friends that his arm feels fine, and that he can't fathom why Canterbury declared a "6 to 8 week recovery period". It begs the question of whether there could be tension on the horizon between Reynolds and his coach, Des Hasler.

Certainly, Hasler must be frustrated with the five eighth's poor discipline - Reynolds has now been suspended three times in less than a season. But more significantly, Hasler must be wrestling with what to do with Reynolds' replacement - talented youngster Moses Mbye.

Mbye was a stand-out in the No. 6 jersey in last week's win over Parramatta and if that form continues, Hasler will face a tough choice when Reynolds is deemed fit to return. Hasler knows he needs to give Mbye a reason to stay at Belmore, something he won't do if there's no permanent halves spot on offer. Melbourne Storm chased Mbye hard the last time he came off contract, and will be ready to pounce again.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/26730182/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll use reynolds as a utility off the bench and give lichaa a spell. We have multiple forwards that can play huge minutes so i'm sure we would gain more than we lose by doing this.

Reynolds' enthusiasm from hooker could be dynamite against a tiring defence and it would allow lichaa to be more effective in his minutes.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of reynolds. Have never seen him as a five eight. He is a dummy half. He is too inconsistent and ill disciplined. I wouldnt loose any sleep if he left the dogs.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As professional athletes, I find it really hard to believe this is the first time ever that a player has got a second opinion (the "quote marks" aren't really needed, its a pretty common phrase).

Bet its not the first time a player has said they are fine and can play again sooner...... bet he isn't alone in that in just the current injured players list even.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a shock... man seeks another medical opinion. ..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des would have moses on a reasonably tight leash. And as it stands I personally think ( if form continues ) moses is a step above reynolds playing to haslers game plan. We have not yet seen moses given a green light to open up and take the game in his own hands.so with out even knowing moses full potential I think he still above reynolds. Time will tell I guess but if I were reynolds I would have some concerns

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder what Massoud's user name is on here?

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll use reynolds as a utility off the bench and give lichaa a spell. We have multiple forwards that can play huge minutes so i'm sure we would gain more than we lose by doing this.

Reynolds' enthusiasm from hooker could be dynamite against a tiring defence and it would allow lichaa to be more effective in his minutes.
I agree - he was always a hooker.

Problem is, Lichaa sees himself as an 80 minute player and Des always plays his hookers the full game unless they get injured.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds needs to wake up to himself and stop having such poor discipline

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even i know this is a bs theory.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like a nothing article to me. It's nice to know that the writers from the telegraph are supposedly in the know about conversations Josh had privately with friends. I'm sick of these journos pulling stories out of their ass and claiming to have inside knowledge.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Reynolds is coming straight back in. Hasler loves the kid

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For $475K? I'd keep him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds isn't a hooker. He can pick up the ball and run well but his service from dummy half is horrendous.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reynolds is coming straight back in. Hasler loves the kid
Just like he loved barba and rushed him in, that worked out great :/

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There are elements of this that are borderline true / not very far off the mark.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the comments regarding des' like for reynolds, you just have to listen to last weeks press conference and how he referred to him to see that he holds him in extremely high regard.

I think our 7 and 6 will be mbye and reynolds next year, I can't see Hod knocking back manly's offer with limited years in his joints.

Moral of the story, I wouldn't be banking on Josh not featuring in our future. I hope and have faith that he'll sort his personal issues out and become a consistent and balanced footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.