Reynold's discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about an overreaction! I expect that from opposition supporters, not Bulldogs. The attempted trip was nothing. The way people are carrying on about it is ridiculous. Oh he must have serious mental problems hahaha. It's a reflex action ffs. He was wrong footed and threw his leg out. Big deal. There are several worse incidents every match. As for the other tackle he was put on report for. I didn't realise I was watching netball! Because he came flying in and hit Mead hard, it must be a bad tackle. What a joke the NRL has become. There was nothing wrong with that tackle whatsoever.

Reynolds was the best half on the field in CvC tbh. Austin was good also and should be his partner for the Blues, but Josh was far more involved in directing the team around, while Austin capitalized on other players' good work. Reynolds made many good passes and kicks. Best game he's played in a long time, possibly ever.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second one was nothing and the trip deserves 1-2 weeks max. I wish it was hodkinson that played and got suspended.
moses to 6, Knox back and loko to centre. Stanley is a rubbish centre.
The only kenneler with some sense.

C

Casio G-SHOCK

It's going to be really interesting to see what Des does about Reynolds - if anything at all!
I think this incindent may be the straw that broke the camels back ... Des was pretty upfront about Reynolds only making the starting side when he came back from "injury" because of the suspension injuries in the first grade squad and now after this latest indescretion i think Reynolds may find that Des well punish him and keep Mbye in the starting squad in the number 6 jersey.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well at least we get Mbye back at stand off lol.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry guys but Reynolds is going to go for a LONG time.

Just looked up his rap sheet.

DATE: ~ Late May 2014
OFFENCE: Grade 3 Dangerous Throw
ON: Brent Tate (during Origin)
SUSPENSION PERIOD: 93 carryovers
CHALLENGED OR EARLY PLEA: downgraded to Grade 1 Dangerous Throw

DATE: July 2014
OFFENCE: Grade 3 Shoulder Charge
ON: Will Chambers (during Origin)
SUSPENSION PERIOD: 3 weeks
CHALLENGED OR EARLY PLEA: Early Plea

DATE: August 2014
OFFENCE: Grade 2 Tripping Charge
ON: Ben Barba
SUSPENSION PERIOD: 2 weeks

DATE: August 2014
OFFENCE: Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (Other)
ON: Sam Thaiday
SUSPENSION PERIOD: 1 week

DATE: March 2015
OFFENCE: Grade 1 Dangerous Throw
ON: Matt Moylan
SUSPENSION PERIOD: 1 week

=======================

Most likely charges from City vs Country

DEFINITE CHARGE 1
DATE: May 2015
OFFENCE: Grade 4 Tripping Charge
ON: Tariq Sims (City vs Country)
SUSPENSION PERIOD: 375 points (base)

POSSIBLE CHARGE 2
DATE: May 2015
OFFENCE: Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (Other)
ON: Unsure
SUSPENSION PERIOD: 100 points (base)

CALCULATIONS (IF ONLY 1 CHARGE):
Charge 1 Points: 375 (281 with 25% early guilty plea discount)
Previous Similar Loading: 1 x 50% + Previous Non Similar Loading: 4 x 20% (80%) = 130% loading (25% loading with early plea as 25% reduction per previous offence wipes out all Non similars, and halves similar loading).
Carryovers (confirmed as of March 2015): 51
TOTAL SUSPENSION: 913 points (9 weeks 13 carryovers)
TOTAL SUSPENSION IF EARLY PLEA: 402 points (4 weeks + 2 carryovers)

CALCULATIONS (IF 2 CHARGEs):
Charge 1 Points: 375 (281 with 25% early guilty plea discount)
Charge 2 Points: 100 (75 with 25% early guilty plea discount)
Previous Similar Loading: 2 x 50% (100%) + Previous Non Similar Loading: 3 x 20% (60%) = 160% loading (50% loading with early plea as 25% reduction per previous offence wipes out all Non similars, and halves similar loading).
Carryovers (confirmed as of March 2015): 51
TOTAL SUSPENSION: 1286 points (12 weeks 86 carryovers)
TOTAL SUSPENSION IF EARLY PLEA: 585 points (5 weeks 85 carryovers)

As such re the above they'll hit him with a high grading. It was MUCH worse than the Barba Grade 3, as he made no attempt to tackle this time and just threw the leg out.

Given his history I think the NRL MRC will come down REALLY hard on him to teach him a lesson that that behaviour is not acceptable.

If the above IS correct:
Best case scenario - 4 weeks
Worst case scenraio - 12 weeks

Now he might get a lower grading (so lets assume that and only one charge):
Grade 1 = 75 points (56 points with early plea)
Grade 2 = 175 points (131 points with early plea)
Grade 3 = 275 points (206 points with early plea)

Assuming due to that massive loading he'll take early guilty plea (he has no choice here).
Grade 1 suspension = 121 points (1 game 21 carryovers)
Grade 2 suspension = 214 points (2 weeks 14 carryovers)
Grade 3 suspension = 308 points (3 weeks 8 carryovers)
Are you Rainman?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Talk about an overreaction! I expect that from opposition supporters, not Bulldogs. The attempted trip was nothing. The way people are carrying on about it is ridiculous. Oh he must have serious mental problems hahaha. It's a reflex action ffs. He was wrong footed and threw his leg out. Big deal. There are several worse incidents every match. As for the other tackle he was put on report for. I didn't realise I was watching netball! Because he came flying in and hit Mead hard, it must be a bad tackle. What a joke the NRL has become. There was nothing wrong with that tackle whatsoever.

Reynolds was the best half on the field in CvC tbh. Austin was good also and should be his partner for the Blues, but Josh was far more involved in directing the team around, while Austin capitalized on other players' good work. Reynolds made many good passes and kicks. Best game he's played in a long time, possibly ever.
Hahahahaha, typical dribble from a Reynolds supporter, obviously care more about him than the team

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE]Sorry guys but Reynolds is going to go for a LONG time.[/QUOTE]

Don't be sorry Mr I... Rejoice

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah good, just got here after cruising to Gallipoli! Missed everything that has happened and heard a little about the souths game but I don't want to know tbh. So are all our players back now (other than grubb who will be gone for awhile)? Geez the kennel would have been "spicey" the past month lol.
We still have a few players out i think, you picked a great time to go away ahaha

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Throwing your leg out in front of a player running with the ball constitutes a trip, reflex or not. In Rugby League, it is considered a big deal. Unfortunately for Reynolds, this is not an isolated incident which is probably why some people on here want his contract turn up.
The other tackle I agree, it was nothing.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bright side is we have a true number 6 in Mbye in the side for some time.

Anyone know what Reynolds contract situation is ? How many more years have we got him on the books for ?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bright side is we have a true number 6 in Mbye in the side for some time.

Anyone know what Reynolds contract situation is ? How many more years have we got him on the books for ?
2017 I think

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not a supporter of anyone who engages in tripping or the like. However, the calls for him to be suspended is a bit rich. He did not trip anyone. He threw his leg out but did not make contact. Can you be suspended for not tripping?
Can you be suspended for attempting something? There apparently was no contact so it wasnt a trip. The second offence is laughable. If this wasnt reported, Reynolds would have been MOM.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Talk about an overreaction! I expect that from opposition supporters, not Bulldogs. The attempted trip was nothing. The way people are carrying on about it is ridiculous. Oh he must have serious mental problems hahaha. It's a reflex action ffs. He was wrong footed and threw his leg out. Big deal.
If it is such a natural reflex action as you say why doesn't everyone else do it? Turn it up man, how many times does this guy have to lose his shit before we say enough is enough? He plays worse when he feels like he has something to prove, and all that is going to do is **** the bulldogs through disrupting our squad with his suspensions.

I'd much rather we leave him out of the squad on purpose instead of having to change everyones positions everytime he has a brain snap.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score

LOL , supporting him when he clearly doesnt care about us fans/supporters of the club.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
He needs to be dropped and he NEEDS TO EARN his way back into the first grade. He does not deserve to play anymore. Since mid season last year he has been a complete douche.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds keeps talking like he's changed, but we're not seeing it. You can believe that he doesn't want to do these indiscretions, because while it hurts his team pretty bad, it hurts himself even more. He needs to be booked in with a competent shrink, and made to play in NSW Cup until he has played 25 games straight (not counting injuries) without going on report.

It's about his only chance now, he is just about out of options. It is for his own good.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs to be dropped and he NEEDS TO EARN his way back into the first grade. He does not deserve to play anymore. Since mid season last year he has been a complete douche.
A number of people on here were worried when he got picked to start for NSW that Daley would mess him up...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A number of people on here were worried when he got picked to start for NSW that Daley would mess him up...
I remember jokingly saying Daley will **** up Reynolds and Hokko before last years Origin.

I wish I never said it lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep like i said reynolds needs to stfu and give himself a media ban and just concentrate on good footy ,and yes him and hokko need to go to nsw cup,cant believe we didnt go for elgley

Status
Not open for further replies.