Revealed: The Parramatta Eels players getting paid dodgy cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
IF NRL are legit: Parra immediately suspended from this years competition and bye's awarded to all teams, those teams played already get 2 points win or lose with a 18-0 For and against for each game, Player agents involved immediately banned from NRL for life, players concerned de-registered for remainder of the season and to renegotiate their contracts for next year. This includes our resident hypocrite! Any official involved banned for life. This is what Parra deserve and should get! IMO this is worse than ours and the Storms.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF NRL are legit: Parra immediately suspended from this years competition and bye's awarded to all teams, those teams played already get 2 points win or lose with a 18-0 For and against for each game, Player agents involved immediately banned from NRL for life, players concerned de-registered for remainder of the season and to renegotiate their contracts for next year. This includes our resident hypocrite! Any official involved banned for life. This is what Parra deserve and should get! IMO this is worse than ours and the Storms.
Agreed.
Unfortunately, those handing down the sentence are financially vested in having a full compliment of teams/clubs playing for points each round. It's hardly in the NRL's interest to deny themselves every possible cent in revenue. Disqualifying the Eels from competitiveness, directly impacts the NRL's bottom line.

Everyone cheat and the Administration's hands are effectively tied !!

~c.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Agreed.
Unfortunately, those handing down the sentence are financially vested in having a full compliment of teams/clubs playing for points each round. It's hardly in the NRL's interest to deny themselves every possible cent in revenue. Disqualifying the Eels from competitiveness, directly impacts the NRL's bottom line.

Everyone cheat and the Administration's hands are effectively tied !!

~c.
Not sure if it's for me or for the "sport" or possibly both.....I feel as if RL is at a crossroads right now and the decision will be the direction the sport goes. Lite sentence which has been given and we become like boxing and forever the sport has no integrity OR taking a stance like I mentioned above and save the game from that road.

I know if it continues on this path I will be gone from the game within a few years. I have been feeling it coming for a little while now. I just can't keep the interest with the ref's cheating and deciding games and the NRL full of idiots. The NRL are no better than this "gang of 5".

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody else noticed how all these players receiving money and poor old Ben Roberts is receiving a fraking Adidas Boots?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if it's for me or for the "sport" or possibly both.....I feel as if RL is at a crossroads right now and the decision will be the direction the sport goes. Lite sentence which has been given and we become like boxing and forever the sport has no integrity OR taking a stance like I mentioned above and save the game from that road.

I know if it continues on this path I will be gone from the game within a few years. I have been feeling it coming for a little while now. I just can't keep the interest with the ref's cheating and deciding games and the NRL full of idiots. The NRL are no better than this "gang of 5".
I am actually with you on this...

Regardless of how pathetic is the way Greenburg handled the Parra situation...By rights they should have released Foran and Jennings back to the open market, that's the fair solution and it's common law.
How about Brisbane and their friday night games? How is that a level playing field for all other clubs? And don't even get me started on their roster.
This game is really going down the drain.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ha ha it's funny reading about what the guy I know from the Parra board said in these meetings...

I wish I could say more about him but better leave it..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm I wonder ... how church goers would feel ... if they knew where there money actually went.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who's the whistle-blower in all this ? disgruntled board member ?
ohhh it's so delicious .... when the cheating is so premeditated, why is the punishment so lax?

~c.
All the documents and actually audio minutes of the board meetings were back up on sever in Parramatta football. Were all captured by investigators by the forensic audit.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously, get over the brown paper bag of cash lol. That doesn't even happen, plenty of easier ways to move money around these days.

Like selling them properties in top rate suburbs well below market price ala North Queensland style?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
oh yeah as per Hayne as far as he knows, he didnt receive half a million in his account.

as far as he knows he is a virgin.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who's dumb enough to suggest that the players should report it or do something about it has rocks in their head.

They don't play the game just because they love it, they play it as a full-time job because it pays exceptionally well to do so. The fact that the NRL has such a backdated salary cap means that if they were to take action against players it'd discourage all future and current stars from playing the NRL. If you limit their earning potential or apportion blame to the one of the most important parts of the game (the players) they easily just pack up and leave.

No business is ever going to be completely clean. It just depends who gets snitched on and then they get made an example of

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club has had so many CEO's, coaches, directors in so little years. Who was at fault?

Its not surprising the state they are in. Sad for the their fans to be honest.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Anyone who's dumb enough to suggest that the players should report it or do something about it has rocks in their head.

They don't play the game just because they love it, they play it as a full-time job because it pays exceptionally well to do so. The fact that the NRL has such a backdated salary cap means that if they were to take action against players it'd discourage all future and current stars from playing the NRL. If you limit their earning potential or apportion blame to the one of the most important parts of the game (the players) they easily just pack up and leave.

No business is ever going to be completely clean. It just depends who gets snitched on and then they get made an example of
Why shouldn't the players have the responsibility of doing something about it? At the end of the day they are breaking the law of the land by not declaring their full income to ATO.....just like you and me. Just like everything else, if you (anyone) decide to go down that path than don't whinge when you get busted. Why should they not be held accountable, they aren't god's. I don't buy into this "shelf life" in the game nonsense. They don't die when they finish footy, they still have decades left of working life so get a bloody job. They should be happy if they come out of their careers owning their house, anything else is a bonus. Plenty of jobs (Army) leave you more broken than RL and the pay is a pittance of theirs.

As if Hayne didn't notice an extra 500k going into his pocket, piece of sh*t! Atleast the Police and ATO are now looking into the affair, hopefully they punish Parra better than the NRL did!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why shouldn't the players have the responsibility of doing something about it? At the end of the day they are breaking the law of the land by not declaring their full income to ATO.....just like you and me. Just like everything else, if you (anyone) decide to go down that path than don't whinge when you get busted. Why should they not be held accountable, they aren't god's. I don't buy into this "shelf life" in the game nonsense. They don't die when they finish footy, they still have decades left of working life so get a bloody job. They should be happy if they come out of their careers owning their house, anything else is a bonus. Plenty of jobs (Army) leave you more broken than RL and the pay is a pittance of theirs.

As if Hayne didn't notice an extra 500k going into his pocket, piece of sh*t! Atleast the Police and ATO are now looking into the affair, hopefully they punish Parra better than the NRL did!
The only people that really pay taxes that go into the government's pocket are the middle - upper middle class. You're joking if you think the richest in Australia pay tax and what you're talking about is a completely seperate issue, Hayne's payments would be filed under a third party sponsorship agreement and would thus be declared, if he didn't then it's tax fraud and him being prosecuted for that is completely fair but unrelated to whether or not he knows that the club used another method to pay him his TPA.

As far as i read in that quote, he was making a joke about 500k but deposited directly into his account, it's entirely possible that he's getting paid his TPAs via a dodgy bank account with a transaction listed as being part of his agreements. Who actually paid that transaction is irrevelant to him and should remain so because to him he's getting what he's agreed to.

FYI running a business means whenever i can avoid taxes i will, only i'll do it via a grey area (30% Company Tax is utterly stupid). Breaking the law is stupid, bending the shit out of is intelligent.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The only people that really pay taxes that go into the government's pocket are the middle - upper middle class. You're joking if you think the richest in Australia pay tax and what you're talking about is a completely seperate issue, Hayne's payments would be filed under a third party sponsorship agreement and would thus be declared, if he didn't then it's tax fraud and him being prosecuted for that is completely fair but unrelated to whether or not he knows that the club used another method to pay him his TPA.

As far as i read in that quote, he was making a joke about 500k but deposited directly into his account, it's entirely possible that he's getting paid his TPAs via a dodgy bank account with a transaction listed as being part of his agreements. Who actually paid that transaction is irrevelant to him and should remain so because to him he's getting what he's agreed to.

FYI running a business means whenever i can avoid taxes i will, only i'll do it via a grey area (30% Company Tax is utterly stupid). Breaking the law is stupid, bending the shit out of is intelligent.
Yes, unfortunately I am one of those tax payers lol. I definitely don't think the rich pay their dues, no sir. You "sound" like you know what your talking about in regards to tax etc so will go with that but I still don't believe players "don't know" they are getting extras. Good points mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.