News REVEALED: BLUES’ BIZARRE PRE-GAME RITUAL

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
REVEALED: BLUES’ BIZARRE PRE-GAME RITUAL

For Tommy’s sake, let’s call it the Samson Effect.

He might bleed Blue, but even the late Tommy Raudonikis might have a few choice words about the pre-game ritual of some of the Blues players running out for Origin II tonight – getting perfectly manicured eyebrows at the beauty salon.

A handful of Blues – including Penrith superstars Jarome Luai, Brian To’o and Stephen Crichton – dedicated their only day off during camp in Perth to seek out a beautician on Thursday to help get them primed to face Queensland.

The hairy crew obviously follow the manscaping advice of Atlanta Falcons NFL legend Deion Sanders: “If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good.”

1656211370713.png
A handful of Blues spent their only day off in camp at a beauty salon, getting their hair and eyebrows perfect for Game II. Picture: Getty Images.

And “playing good” is exactly what the Blues need, as Luai, To’o and wrecking balls Junior Paulo and Siosifa Talakai will need to let their hair down and put their guards up against a Maroons side that ambushed all predictions in Game 1.

For Luai, his waves hold special meaning. The Blues five-eighth made a pact with his young son Izzy to both grow out their hair.

“It was something for us, father son, to do together. That was the main reason. But then Bizza (To’o) jumped on board and grew his hair, too,” Luai said.

“My son cut his hair over Christmas time. He got a little over it but I’m still holding on to it. When I started growing it, we were having a really good season and I was too scared to cut it … it felt like it was a bit of good luck, so I wanted to keep that luck going.”

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
OMG aren't the Qld team gonna have a ball bagging and niggling them in tackles about their beauty shop visit....unless of course they went to the same beautician :grinning:

No wonder SOO has gotten softer...might break a fingernail or mess up their eyebrow shape according to this article lol.

Oh well hypes up a bit of extra interest I suppose.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OMG aren't the Qld team gonna have a ball bagging and niggling them in tackles about their beauty shop visit....unless of course they went to the same beautician :grinning:

No wonder SOO has gotten softer...might break a fingernail or mess up their eyebrow shape according to this article lol.

Oh well hypes up a bit of extra interest I suppose.
All a NSW player would have to do is to say they just did what Big Mal did. He used to be a mono brow. But geez, the femanisation of men these days (& the masculinisation of women) is destroying the World. No wonder 1/3 of kids in America are GBTL.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is up there with the horse riding incident 20 years ago.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is up there with the horse riding incident 20 years ago.
At least horse riding is more masculine than getting getting their eyebrows waxed.

Knowing them, they probably got a full Brazilian wax too

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He might bleed Blue, but even the late Tommy Raudonikis might have a few choice words about the pre-game ritual of some of the Blues players running out for Origin II tonight – getting perfectly manicured eyebrows at the beauty salon.

A handful of Blues – including Penrith superstars Jarome Luai, Brian To’o and Stephen Crichton – dedicated their only day off during camp in Perth to seek out a beautician on Thursday to help get them primed to face Queensland.

The hairy crew obviously follow the manscaping advice of Atlanta Falcons NFL legend Deion Sanders: “If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good.”

View attachment 55289
A handful of Blues spent their only day off in camp at a beauty salon, getting their hair and eyebrows perfect for Game II. Picture: Getty Images.

And “playing good” is exactly what the Blues need, as Luai, To’o and wrecking balls Junior Paulo and Siosifa Talakai will need to let their hair down and put their guards up against a Maroons side that ambushed all predictions in Game 1.

For Luai, his waves hold special meaning. The Blues five-eighth made a pact with his young son Izzy to both grow out their hair.

“It was something for us, father son, to do together. That was the main reason. But then Bizza (To’o) jumped on board and grew his hair, too,” Luai said.

“My son cut his hair over Christmas time. He got a little over it but I’m still holding on to it. When I started growing it, we were having a really good season and I was too scared to cut it … it felt like it was a bit of good luck, so I wanted to keep that luck going.”

Embarrassing

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 55289

Bahahahahahahahaha….FMD

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone as old as me remember a player in say the 80s, going to a beauty parlor before a big game? How outrageous would it have been? Oh the times they are a changing lol.