News REVEALED: BLUES’ BIZARRE PRE-GAME RITUAL

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone as old as me remember a player in say the 80s, going to a beauty parlor before a big game? How outrageous would it have been? Oh the times they are a changing lol.
Too much soy in their diets.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So this is now a thing I'm guessing...
We'll see a lot more of this kind of pre-game preparation and routine now...footy players being so superstitious an' all :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get with the times, trogs. The ‘gun has been doing this before big games for years.
Beautician/nail artist has been officially added to the support staff and "facilities," found for a work space alongside the conditioning coach.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautician/nail artist has been officially added to the support staff and "facilities," found for a work space alongside the conditioning coach.
they’re opening a salon in the sports ground for flanno apparently. ‘dojo nails’. once they get the staff out of villawood detention center, they’ll be available for flanno to utilise prior to big games

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i’m glad the penriff flogs only got their eyebrows done, before reading the article i was worried it was going to be a circle jerk with their boom box

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone as old as me remember a player in say the 80s, going to a beauty parlor before a big game? How outrageous would it have been? Oh the times they are a changing lol.
David Gillespie was a garbage man from memory and suffered a terrible workplace injury in 1986 where he lost a finger and yet kept playing FG for another decade

today's players go to beauticians to get manicures

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
David Gillespie was a garbage man from memory and suffered a terrible workplace injury in 1986 where he lost a finger and yet kept playing FG for another decade

today's players go to beauticians to get manicures
Crichton cut his finger off

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a separate salary cap applicable to how much these beauticians and nail artists can be paid?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets not pretend this is exclusive to footballers, every 2nd bikie that has an IG account has perfectly shaped eye brows, the whitest teeth a cosmetic dentist would be proud of and are lasered/waxed from the neck down

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta be looking good for the bitches boys

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
REVEALED: BLUES’ BIZARRE PRE-GAME RITUAL

For Tommy’s sake, let’s call it the Samson Effect.

He might bleed Blue, but even the late Tommy Raudonikis might have a few choice words about the pre-game ritual of some of the Blues players running out for Origin II tonight – getting perfectly manicured eyebrows at the beauty salon.

A handful of Blues – including Penrith superstars Jarome Luai, Brian To’o and Stephen Crichton – dedicated their only day off during camp in Perth to seek out a beautician on Thursday to help get them primed to face Queensland.

The hairy crew obviously follow the manscaping advice of Atlanta Falcons NFL legend Deion Sanders: “If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good.”

View attachment 55289
A handful of Blues spent their only day off in camp at a beauty salon, getting their hair and eyebrows perfect for Game II. Picture: Getty Images.

And “playing good” is exactly what the Blues need, as Luai, To’o and wrecking balls Junior Paulo and Siosifa Talakai will need to let their hair down and put their guards up against a Maroons side that ambushed all predictions in Game 1.

For Luai, his waves hold special meaning. The Blues five-eighth made a pact with his young son Izzy to both grow out their hair.

“It was something for us, father son, to do together. That was the main reason. But then Bizza (To’o) jumped on board and grew his hair, too,” Luai said.

“My son cut his hair over Christmas time. He got a little over it but I’m still holding on to it. When I started growing it, we were having a really good season and I was too scared to cut it … it felt like it was a bit of good luck, so I wanted to keep that luck going.”

Who cares what they do, as long as they win games - It’s justified.