News Return of The Bears?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a stupid idea. Their bid isn't likely to win anyway but they should aim to play every home game at Gosford except for three games a year at North Sydney Oval. It's a perfect stadium in one of the fastest growing areas in the country so I don't know why they'd want to play all over NSW. It will only weaken their bid and make it harder for them to develop a fanbase.
Yeah exactly they would have a bigger chance of they went central coast bears and played 3 games at North Sydney a year.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a stupid idea. Their bid isn't likely to win anyway but they should aim to play every home game at Gosford except for three games a year at North Sydney Oval. It's a perfect stadium in one of the fastest growing areas in the country so I don't know why they'd want to play all over NSW. It will only weaken their bid and make it harder for them to develop a fanbase.
Whilst I love watching games there, I wouldn’t call it perfect.

I mean.. it’s only got 3 sides

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst I love watching games there, I wouldn’t call it perfect.

I mean.. it’s only got 3 sides
Haha. You know what I mean. It's a nice boutique stadium that's next to the train station and is woefully underutilised. The main downside is that the Gosford shops and pubs nearby are rough as fuck..

The Bears worked to get it built when the NRL had their criteria in 98 to determine who would make it and who wouldn't but they got screwed over and had to merge with Manly which was a disaster.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Belmore only really has 2 TBH :grinning:
Haha. You know what I mean. It's a nice boutique stadium that's next to the train station and is woefully underutilised. The main downside is that the Gosford shops and pubs nearby are rough as fuck..

The Bears worked to get it built when the NRL had their criteria in 98 to determine who would make it and who wouldn't but they got screwed over and had to merge with Manly which was a disaster.
Just being facetious gents hehe.

Agree though - cracking stadium, especially when full. Close proximity to the field too

What the leagues club like? Isnt it literally across the road?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What an absolute waste.

I love the fact that they want to play out of Country NSW - but fuck me, the Tigers have a geographical problem... imagine this lot?

"Oh what area is your team from? - Tamworth, Dubbo, and North Sydney".

NZ, Central QLD, Central Coast, and Perth must be the priorities for our 18th team. Or, a smokey, a Fiji/PNG team.
Even a 3rd brisbane team should be a priority before the bears

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Agree though - cracking stadium, especially when full. Close proximity to the field too

I've never been to the Leagues club. Just to the shops and a few pubs around there when I've been to games there and there were Ice addicts galore.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Leagues club is pretty good, massive entertaining area for the kids. A lot of money in past 2-5 years has been spent in Gosford. Still very hit and miss, but on the improve

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Leagues club is pretty good, massive entertaining area for the kids. A lot of money in past 2-5 years has been spent in Gosford. Still very hit and miss, but on the improve
Is the clinic still near Gosford station? I used to go there often when I was younger and the people i'd see :tearsofjoy:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is the clinic still near Gosford station? I used to go there often when I was younger and the people i'd see :tearsofjoy:
Not sure. The park out back of the station was always interesting hey. There was and maybe still a methadone clinic near the hospital

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NATIONAL / AUSTRALIAN Rugby League.

With no teams in Perth, South Australia, Northern Territory, or Tasmania.

North Sydney barely has any Rugby League interest so it's a dumb move.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure. The park out back of the station was always interesting hey. There was and maybe still a methadone clinic near the hospital
That makes sense as to why I thought I was on the set of The Walking Dead when I was at the pubs near the stadium..

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We actually helped Souths get back in the NRL, we should help North Sydney bears also, f**k more qld teams or nz.
There membership is only $45, I don't mind if they come back with the plans they have. They need 5000 memberships.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We actually helped Souths get back in the NRL, we should help North Sydney bears also, f**k more qld teams or nz.
There membership is only $45, I don't mind if they come back with the plans they have. They need 5000 memberships.
love playing at North sydney oval, weird ground as the oval was on an angle to the stands, but the giant spa after the game was gold.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree mate, take them over some of these other poofs and flat NO to a 2nd NZ team they can get fkd.

Think Peter Jackson played for the Bears too at some point may be wrong RIP him, didn't much like him in his qld guise but just 33 and committing suicide was very sad(was molested i believe by some almightycuntsofhumans :( )

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At that price, I think I will take one of their memberships to help out. I would prefer to see the Bears back, for some tradition and nostalgic reasons, than have another soul-less confected club parachuted in. There was a time when the Bears were quite a few people's ''second team''.