Report Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the first 20 minutes against the Eels it felt as if the Bulldogs were in control of the game and putting on points was only at matter of time. A couple of disallowed tries and one to Parramatta and the carriage started to rattle.

The Bulldogs had little response once the game plan wasn’t working and Parramatta were able to finish comfortable winners.

REPORT CARD

C: The Bulldogs have often been plagued by a lack of creativity or perhaps playing too structured. When things aren’t working there’s a resistance to trying different things and with the creative halves they possess, who are capable of playing what’s in front of them, Canterbury definitely have the potential to be dangerous but just aren’t striking. The Eels played with more passion and desire. A week off may be just what the Dogs need for some soul-searching to get things back on track.

— Fiona Bollen

Today's Tele.
Sounds like a fair assessment?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the first 20 minutes against the Eels it felt as if the Bulldogs were in control of the game and putting on points was only at matter of time. A couple of disallowed tries and one to Parramatta and the carriage started to rattle.

The Bulldogs had little response once the game plan wasn’t working and Parramatta were able to finish comfortable winners.

REPORT CARD

C: The Bulldogs have often been plagued by a lack of creativity or perhaps playing too structured. When things aren’t working there’s a resistance to trying different things and with the creative halves they possess, who are capable of playing what’s in front of them, Canterbury definitely have the potential to be dangerous but just aren’t striking. The Eels played with more passion and desire. A week off may be just what the Dogs need for some soul-searching to get things back on track.

— Fiona Bollen

Today's Tele.
Probably nothing less than what we as fans of the team have been saying for quite a while. In fact, if I may be so bold,( heard that somewhere before, lol...anyone guess where?) it seems that portions of that particular report seem like they have been ripped direct from the mutterings of numerous posters here on the kennel.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are a 40 minute team and have been for some time. 1 week isn't going to fix anything.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say a "C" is very generous tbh. That would mean we were average in the Parra game when we were far from it. We were playing against a team with a one man bench and one of their best missing and we couldn't manage a win, I'd say that game was more like a D-

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"the creative halves they possess, who are capable of playing what’s in front of them"

Stopped reading after this...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would give us a "D" based on our potential compared to results.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

REPORT CARD

— Fiona Bollen

Today's Tele.
Very hard to argue

I'd love to know what is being discussed in camp
Do the players and coaching staff know what everyone is saying about them

@Dognacious yes mate
ALL ARE SAYING HAHA
sorry mate I had to throw that in

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why aren't we walking out to this?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Very hard to argue

I'd love to know what is being discussed in camp
Do the players and coaching staff know what everyone is saying about them

@Dognacious yes mate
ALL ARE SAYING HAHA
sorry mate I had to throw that in
Lol. Love your work...carry on

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol.
Creative halves ? Where ?
Don't think this woman watches our games.
Until we get a coach that can get the best out of his players and the players want to play for him we will continue to be average.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

REPORT CARD

— Fiona Bollen

Today's Tele.
The last time i saw one of these a month or so ago, the reports we were about the same for us then too. They were rating sides down the bottom of the ladder higher than us then, and we were in the top 4 at the time i think. Those sides they rated higher are still down the ladder. We are pretty much where we were.

I think this part of the article below is telling vs Eels

In the first 20 minutes against the Eels it felt as if the Bulldogs were in control of the game and putting on points was only at matter of time. A couple of disallowed tries and one to Parramatta [that had 2 forward passed in it] and the carriage started to rattle.
I edited it to add more true information to it. We only lost by 8 and 1 try they got was not one. Another from a bomb. They hardly smashed us.

Also dont agree with:

The Eels played with more passion and desire.
I think we played with passion and defended well all night. We played 80 minutes, still tackling well at the end, so endurance wasnt an issue. It was pretty much not being able to threaten in attack when they stepped up the defence in the seocnd half. We need more counter plans in our attack from Des is pretty much it. We have the personel.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say a "C" is very generous tbh. That would mean we were average in the Parra game when we were far from it. We were playing against a team with a one man bench and one of their best missing and we couldn't manage a win, I'd say that game was more like a D-

Nah, even the D was poor at times.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"the creative halves they possess, who are capable of playing what’s in front of them"

Stopped reading after this...
But you did read what she said before?.....now there is credibility in that do you not think?

C: The Bulldogs have often been plagued by a lack of creativity or perhaps playing too structured.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Well we lost so its an F. We lost to a team that was suffering badly in lots of ways so its a hard F. Cannot call it any other way and need to recognise it and deal with it to make sure it never happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.