Opinion Replacements For Good Friday Match Not NRL Standard

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We saw exactly why Topine doesn’t usually get a look in. A lot of energy, but not much effectiveness. Morrin and Preston were average too. We know Preston is a first grader and Morrin not far from one, but rookies often have a bad game mixed in with the good and will rarely deliver when they have more responsibility to shoulder.

To think we might have beaten the bunnies with a starting pack of Mahoney, King, Sutton, Waddell, Preston and Edwards was folly. I thought we might pull an upset, but how we were dominated in the forwards came as no surprise either. Only Reed, Max and Corey have played well this season. I’ve been underwhelmed with Sutton.

On the brightside I was pleasantly surprised by Edwards’ performance. He was quite good. At least we know where we stand when it comes to some of these fringe players.

We all knew they were reserve grade players.

For the last 5 years our first grade has mostly not been upto first grade standard. How can we exoect the reserve grade to be upto standard

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think King has been awesome, Sutton (axe in defence), Waddell very solid and Preston a surprise find. All of these guy's have laid the platform for where we are so far. All with our vacant marquee dud's. These guy's were always suppose to be the side show to the money men but instead have had to carry the team since round 1. If anything it's shown we need piss off these highly paid injured guy's and look for real players with heart.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You might be right, but throwing him in the centres to partner a makeshift winger was always going to be an impossible challange.
Yep, left edge defence killed us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think King has been awesome, Sutton (axe in defence), Waddell very solid and Preston a surprise find. All of these guy's have laid the platform for where we are so far. All with our vacant marquee dud's. These guy's were always suppose to be the side show to the money men but instead have had to carry the team since round 1. If anything it's shown we need piss off these highly paid injured guy's and look for real players with heart.
We owe our so-called second stringers you mentioned a debt of gratitude for the work they've put in for the team. It's well deserved recognition under trying conditions.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We owe our so-called second stringers you mentioned a debt of gratitude for the work they've put in for the team. It's well deserved recognition under trying conditions.
King would be first selected in our team for me over Kik, Thommo and TPJ.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alamoti is a better right side centre, Topine is a right edge back rower. The reshuffle was a disaster. Still prefer Morrin, Edwards and Waddell over Topine.