Repeat of '98?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I can smell it. If we have the Eels beating the Titans tonight, that would be step 1 - because we'd play them in PRELIM final next week (just like 98) and say Brisbane reach the GF with wins over Melbourne and the Dragons, they'll be there too. Redemtpion for 1998 against the Broncos much?

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be redemption for parra too

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
sounds like another case of deja vu except we didnt come 9th to beat the parrascums and reach the GF

who did the gronx play in the 98 major semis?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
parramatta are in our position though so if its a repeat, theyd beat us

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Broncos won't make the gf, redemption cancelled.

If they somehow do make it, they will get bashed up going thru st merge and storm to get there and we would smash them. Personally I reckon broncos season ends this week.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were 9th in 98. We were second this year. In 98 the Broncos were a great, dominant team. This year they aren't. 98 was 11 years ago. How do you get redemption when only two players remain from that GF team of theirs and we have none?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Could be redemption for parra too
Parra got their redemption in the 2007 semi. And they beat us last time we played this year - redemption is not really on their radar.

S

Snake Jailbird

I can smell it. If we have the Eels beating the Titans tonight, that would be step 1 - because we'd play them in PRELIM final next week (just like 98) and say Brisbane reach the GF with wins over Melbourne and the Dragons, they'll be there too. Redemtpion for 1998 against the Broncos much?
HOW? We were written off with no chance mid way thru. If anything Parra are doing a bulldogs of 98 now.

Reginald Foreskin

S

Snake Jailbird

We were 9th in 98. We were second this year. In 98 the Broncos were a great, dominant team. This year they aren't. 98 was 11 years ago. How do you get redemption when only two players remain from that GF team of theirs and we have none?
As stated above. Clearly we are replicating our 1998 year ben cant u see all the similarities :p

Wahesh

Reaction score
HOW? We were written off with no chance mid way thru. If anything Parra are doing a bulldogs of 98 now.

Reginald Foreskin
Did I say anything about our position on the ladder then compared to now? No. Did I state that our Prelim Final in 1998 COULD BE the same this year? Yes.
Did I state that the 1998 Grand Final COULD BE the same this year? Yes.

:whacky:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
parramatta are in our position though so if its a repeat, theyd beat us
agreed, if anyhting, parra's wave o momentum these past few weeks has reminded me alot of our own team back in 1998. That's why i dread playing them atm

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found $20 on the street in 1998

I hope that replicates this year :D

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
You can't wait a few more hours when the result is definate to make this thread, if Parra happen to win? :sleepy:

Toyntman

Monstered Him
Reaction score
Pfft **** that! We lost in 1998! Got smashed, sounds like a real good idea. Maybe Parra or the Titans will knock us out and we wont have to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.