Repatriation of IS Wives and Children

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know it's a sore spot for some, dude....which is why I'm trying to refrain from arguing with those people too much out of respect. I get where you are coming from. But I wouldn't automatically dismiss every IS bride as evil unless I have walked a mile in their shoes, or at least heard more details on their personal stories. I do believe some made the journey under extreme duress. Others may well have been brainwashed and subsequently come to regret their decisions. I don't think good and evil is always a black and white issue. War and ideology can make otherwise normal people do atrocious things. At the end of the day, I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the experts.
Dont be so naive 'Gun..all they will do is lie lie lie to hide their agenda/allegiance, wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them(feral mutts)
Also idk much about ASIO but irrespective of the government in power(I believe this matters not at all personally)their a bunch nuffies, Jack Irish wannabe spuds :tearsofjoy: ..like all of our intelligence arms..we're rank amateurs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know it's a sore spot for some, dude....which is why I'm trying to refrain from arguing with those people too much out of respect. I get where you are coming from. But I wouldn't automatically dismiss every IS bride as evil unless I have walked a mile in their shoes, or at least heard more details on their personal stories. I do believe some made the journey under extreme duress. Others may well have been brainwashed and subsequently come to regret their decisions. I don't think good and evil is always a black and white issue. War and ideology can make otherwise normal people do atrocious things. At the end of the day, I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the experts.
Yeah I'm not tyrant, I guess it's a case of "once bitten, twice shy".

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes, the government makes the call on repatriating them. ASIO does the extensive profiling to determine what sort of measures should be put in place to monitor them, and whether criminal charges should be laid.

I guarantee is the head of ASIO believed Labor's politics were putting people at risk, or compromising his staff's ability to do their jobs, he would come out and say so.
Really bro? And lose their comfy, well paid job?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, the government makes the call on repatriating them. ASIO does the extensive profiling to determine what sort of measures should be put in place to monitor them, and whether criminal charges should be laid.

I guarantee is the head of ASIO believed Labor's politics were putting people at risk, or compromising his staff's ability to do their jobs, he would come out and say so.
No they won’t, that’s the thing. They would be extremely pissed off at this call but it’s a government decision. It may come out later when people retire, resign etc but the people I know in that realm are very angry

You feel this is the right thing to do, most people don’t and this will prove to be a mistake by the government. Not the first and not the last

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the hell is this a divisive matter ffs? We aren’t talking about female victims in this context. This is about female individuals who supported and chose to go over seas either with their husbands or have an arranged thing with a random islamist abroad to support the caliphate. The ones acting all morally high are putting their sympathy and empathy towards the perpetrators not the dam victims. It’s a very dangerous trend seen with these people. These are the same people that call conservatives Nazis etc just because they have a conservative agenda but these women literally go and fight/support an islamist group hell bent on Islamising the world and wanting to burn the church down as per their propaganda videos.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’ve got to walk a mile in the shoes of a female isis supporter to know the truth? When have you ever offered this charity for just normal westerners that have a conservative view point? Absolute joke lol. And not only that you say they either left from extreme duress or were brainwashed lol. Can’t a female ever be accountable for her own actions? Or is it always someone or something else to blame for them? You’ve been so far up your own righteous ass with your agendas and narratives via Twitter science and cnn that you’ve lost the ability to apply sympathy and empathy on the victims rather than the perpetrators.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How the hell is this a divisive matter ffs? We aren’t talking about female victims in this context. This is about female individuals who supported and chose to go over seas either with their husbands or have an arranged thing with a random islamist abroad to support the caliphate. The ones acting all morally high are putting their sympathy and empathy towards the perpetrators not the dam victims. It’s a very dangerous trend seen with these people. These are the same people that call conservatives Nazis etc just because they have a conservative agenda but these women literally go and fight/support an islamist group hell bent on Islamising the world and wanting to burn the church down as per their propaganda videos.
From what people are saying, some of the women were told by their husbands that they had the option to either go with them or be beheaded, and in other cases the husband took off with their children and told the mothers that they had to go over there or never see there kids again.

If that's true then I can understand it. But I doubt that was the case in every circumstance.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From what people are saying, some of the women were told by their husbands that they had the option to either go with them or be beheaded, and in other cases the husband took off with their children and told the mothers that they had to go over there or never see there kids again.

If that's true then I can understand it. But I doubt that was the case in every circumstance.
Yeah I heavily doubt that. Im sorry. I feel like that’s people speculating way too much to find sympathy and empathy for one reason or another. I mean let’s be real for a second. Would they have that speculation for example if a female catholic went abroad to either fight and/or produce offspring for a catholic terrorist group hell bent on killing all unbelievers? I get it’s whataboutism but I feel in this context it allows self evaluation on the standards and individual has whether it’s based on truth or an agenda.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah I heavily doubt that. Im sorry. I feel like that’s people speculating way too much to find sympathy and empathy for one reason or another. I mean let’s be real for a second. Would they have that speculation for example if a female catholic went abroad to either fight and/or produce offspring for a catholic terrorist group hell bent on killing all unbelievers? I get it’s whataboutism but I feel in this context it allows self evaluation on the standards and individual has whether it’s based on truth or an agenda.
Yes, of course the attitude would be the same. A woman fearing for her life because she’s married to a violent homicidal person is a woman in a marriage to a violent homicidal person, irrespective of religion.

I can just about guarantee you at least some of those women went under duress.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dunno but if they were moving in my street I wouldn't mind knowing.

Bloke across the Bilal is a great fella, he's muslim and who cares. We lend stuff like circular saw, borrow mowers if we're out of juice. He cannot stand IS because as a decent bloke it gives his type a bad rep and perverts his religion. I feel for folk like Bill.

Whatever I've got a massive ? about these ladies.

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
this shit is exactly why this country needs someone like Dutton in charge. He’d keep the scum out