Official Renouf To'omaga extends time at Belmore to end of 2021

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you happy with the way it's going?
Because I know a lot of members Who are pissed off just like I am.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So are you happy with the way it's going?
Because I know a lot of members Who are pissed off just like I am.
I’m happy with the work that’s been done in the last 2 years but the big test is the next 2 years. I’m confident they will get the club back to where they should be and if they don’t I’ll reevaluate it then.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m happy with the work that’s been done in the last 2 years but the big test is the next 2 years. I’m confident they will get the club back to where they should be and if they don’t I’ll reevaluate it then.
My stance also.
There would be a lot happening within the club and chasing signings we have no idea about. Media makes up so much shit and winds us all up probably over nothing really

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree. I actually find it staggering how easily some people gloss over the mess this board inherited. We even had a coach turn us down after seeing the books. Says a lot. I think they are making the right moves and thinking we’ll ever assemble a roosters like board is just a dream. I hear people say why didn’t we chase X or Y? How do they even know who we did or didn’t chase? They don’t. I am also glad the board aren’t being reckless and rushing in to sign the first marquee signing we speak to just to please the fans and get voted in again as some suggest.

As for the “passion” of our fans Teddybear, unfortunately when things aren’t going our way some turn into a bunch of negative sooks who offer no realistic solutions, just whinge and take pot shots. At least they’ve stopped smashing trains when we lose

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, your entitled to your opinion.

However, how you going to feel if we go into next year without the knowledge of a marquee signing for 2021 and a major sponsor for 2020?
Appears most Sydney clubs do this with ease, we so far...seem to struggle.
Furthermore from what we have heard , mind you could be BS that the board is spilt with recruitment decisions, procrastinate and apparently do not have a healthy relationship with the parasite player mangers??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, your entitled to your opinion.

However, how you going to feel if we go into next year without the knowledge of a marquee signing for 2021 and a major sponsor for 2020?
Appears most Sydney clubs do this with ease, we so far...seem to struggle.
Furthermore from what we have heard , mind you could be BS that the board is spilt with recruitment decisions, procrastinate and apparently do not have a healthy relationship with the parasite player mangers??
You know its over 4 months till kick off in 2019 and 16 months till 2020 don't you? You are carrying on like these things are final and have already happened.
Talking from a major sponsor point of view several Sydney clubs have struggled to get one in the last few seasons. I know they are in talks with one potential sponsor that would be a good fit.
Going off the media reports the split is between Coorey and the football club board but as you say it could be BS.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to be talking to more than 1 suitor when it comes to a major
But you didn't answer my question..
How you going to feel?

sponsor
You know its over 4 months till kick off in 2019 and 16 months till 2020 don't you? You are carrying on like these things are final and have already happened.
Talking from a major sponsor point of view several Sydney clubs have struggled to get one in the last few seasons. I know they are in talks with one potential sponsor that would be a good fit.
Going off the media reports the split is between Coorey and the football club board but as you say it could be BS.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, after your reply, I feel like our only option now is to relocate the mighty bulldogs to another market, your comments are certainly the best advertisement for this.
Oh the barriers of entry now are so constricted in the Sydney market, be it for sponsorship,or merchandising or increasing members, what about the bulldogs brand awareness.( the media take good care of this for us)

You are forgetting one thing.
We are the mighty bulldogs, our supporter base is second to none, we are passionate, a little crazy ( suffer from a bit of madness as deano puts it) and certainly possess a " siege mentality".
No other supporter, supports like we do, celebrate and party like we do, in fact there is no other fan in the Sydney that will spend as much money on merchandising like we do.
The existing client base is there already,you need to get them engaged again, to go to the games, to buy memberships, the merchandising and get them back to the league's club.

What is missing Is a winning footy team, and a winning culture.

So spend the frickin money on latrell, spend the frickin money on fafita and JWz , thompson radradra, milford whomever get some of these marquees here as soon as we can with our " dud" chest ( war chest)

It will create excitement, anticipation, the dogs are back and you will wake the long suffering sleeping giant ....the dogs supporter!!!

The money you spend on these guys the marqees is a pittance compared to the millions the club will make from them.

I can promise you the rest will take care of itself.

You will get your bums on seats, increase members to 30k at least , you will get sponsors, and certainly the merchandising will go through the roof
The league's club will start thriving again like the good old days..

What have we got to lose?

As the old saying goes you got to spend money to make money..

Fairdinkum the current board are looking at our dud chest like it's a super fund, using the minimal risk option....someone wake them up
Spend the farkin money !!

In respect to some movers and shakers, on the board, john ribot, David Smith , Gerry Harvey , Phil gould
Not forgetting mate - well aware.
I just don’t think it’s as simple as you say it is.

I’ve followed this great club for 40+ years.
I attend most home games and watch every game I can’t attend. I want the success, but I also put my money where my mouth is. Unfortunately that’s not the case enough. My point about the cricket proves that. After the Ashes that Steve Smith just had, shouldn’t people be lining up to watch him play? Yet this week I’ve seen two almost empty stadiums...

People are more fickle consumers today.
Choice, cost of living and time poorer challenges as well as many conveniences means that too many will watch a game on Fox/Kayo rather than go to it.

If we had Mitchell or other ‘superstars’ - you’re suggesting that means instantly full stadiums, huge membership drives, merch sales and that fixes the entire problem.

I think it runs a lot deeper than that and we’ve spent the same/similar money on Foran as some are saying we should spend on Mitchell. Where’s the ROI? It’s two-fifths of bugger all. It’s a band-aid at best.

What we need in my view is exactly what this board appears to be doing - build the culture, the love for the brand and environment and the reason why kids want to play for the Dogs. That was abandoned during the last regime - and it takes time to rebuild - The Storm are a good example of this - not a flash in the pan but sustained success. Why? Because they were established off our model when Bullfrog and Opes went there in the late 90’s. Yes, a one team town helps, but they have a massive competitive problem with AFL and have managed to build a quality product.

Guys like Mitchell or when some on here were gunning for the Turbos etc will never be Bulldogs at heart. How we regain and maintain that is exactly what will bring the crowds, members and merch buyers back and will negate the need to have to relocate. It’s how we’ll beat clubs with similar problems like the Tigers, who in my view are in even worse shape than us.

This is why I say this board needs two terms - let them do their work. If by mid 2021 we have not seen significant steps forward, then we can demand change. I don’t think they’ve had enough time to turn the ship away from the iceberg.

And again, I run a business - I’m well aware of the need to spend money to make money.
I’m not against opening the purse, in fact I encourage it, but those decisions need to be shrewd - dropping massive coin on short term solutions often fails in my experience.

As for your suggested board members - they have all been successful in their own right, obviously, however none of them jump out at me for various reasons. I could go on, but have to go and get my RSI treated for typing so bloody much!

Good debate mate - not saying who’s right or wrong - just a difference of opinion. I still believe we’re on a good track and will rise again.

Cheers.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff mate
Not forgetting mate - well aware.
I just don’t think it’s as simple as you say it is.

I’ve followed this great club for 40+ years.
I attend most home games and watch every game I can’t attend. I want the success, but I also put my money where my mouth is. Unfortunately that’s not the case enough. My point about the cricket proves that. After the Ashes that Steve Smith just had, shouldn’t people be lining up to watch him play? Yet this week I’ve seen two almost empty stadiums...

People are more fickle consumers today.
Choice, cost of living and time poorer challenges as well as many conveniences means that too many will watch a game on Fox/Kayo rather than go to it.

If we had Mitchell or other ‘superstars’ - you’re suggesting that means instantly full stadiums, huge membership drives, merch sales and that fixes the entire problem.

I think it runs a lot deeper than that and we’ve spent the same/similar money on Foran as some are saying we should spend on Mitchell. Where’s the ROI? It’s two-fifths of bugger all. It’s a band-aid at best.

What we need in my view is exactly what this board appears to be doing - build the culture, the love for the brand and environment and the reason why kids want to play for the Dogs. That was abandoned during the last regime - and it takes time to rebuild - The Storm are a good example of this - not a flash in the pan but sustained success. Why? Because they were established off our model when Bullfrog and Opes went there in the late 90’s. Yes, a one team town helps, but they have a massive competitive problem with AFL and have managed to build a quality product.

Guys like Mitchell or when some on here were gunning for the Turbos etc will never be Bulldogs at heart. How we regain and maintain that is exactly what will bring the crowds, members and merch buyers back and will negate the need to have to relocate. It’s how we’ll beat clubs with similar problems like the Tigers, who in my view are in even worse shape than us.

This is why I say this board needs two terms - let them do their work. If by mid 2021 we have not seen significant steps forward, then we can demand change. I don’t think they’ve had enough time to turn the ship away from the iceberg.

And again, I run a business - I’m well aware of the need to spend money to make money.
I’m not against opening the purse, in fact I encourage it, but those decisions need to be shrewd - dropping massive coin on short term solutions often fails in my experience.

As for your suggested board members - they have all been successful in their own right, obviously, however none of them jump out at me for various reasons. I could go on, but have to go and get my RSI treated for typing so bloody much!

Good debate mate - not saying who’s right or wrong - just a difference of opinion. I still believe we’re on a good track and will rise again.

Cheers.

A

Alexander the Great

There is no split between coorey and the club. Don't buy into the media shit. They will do anything to fuck us up. They can see what we are doing and how we have progressed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They need to be talking to more than 1 suitor when it comes to a major
But you didn't answer my question..
How you going to feel?

sponsor
I'm sure they are talking to more then just one.
I can't answer how I feel until I have all the facts around the situation once its happened. I don't deal in hypotheticals.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no split between coorey and the club. Don't buy into the media shit. They will do anything to fuck us up. They can see what we are doing and how we have progressed.
Don't worry mate I take all media reports with a grain of salt.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good stuff mate
If I can use another example of the need to build longer term solutions: VB.

20 years ago VB walked itself off pallets at the bottle-o. They barely had to try to sell beyond their ‘hard earned thirst’ TVC’s. You might compare that to our success in the 80’s.

Over time their market collapsed - changing tastes/demographics, pricing pressures and other factors. They took their eye off the ball. Same as we did post 2004.

Whilst our recruitment drive in 2009 helped us get back into contention - at the same time the Wanderers and Giants entered the market which brings us to the Hasler era.

CUB’s original ‘Des Hasler’ was to throw lots of money at the problem via ads - a T-Rex if you will. It failed. As will the likes of Mitchell in my view.

Young people today don’t drink VB because they don’t identify with the product. There’s no love nor loyalty.

Now, VB have ads saying that solar panels produce the energy to make their product. A bit different from the bloke down in the mine.

It’s smart - and younger people will identify with it - but it’ll take time for them to gain the love (and money) of what they need the most - the young, fickle consumer.

We need the same - a long term strategy where both future players and supporters/members WANT to be part of brand Bulldog - and spend a good chunk of their playing career / leisure time there - and open their wallets at the same time.

If that could happen overnight, awesome.
But it doesn’t.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s good signs we are retaining the players most feel we should keep. Hopefully exit a few over the next 12 months we don’t need and use those funds to secure up and coming talent as well as a marquee player we desperately want.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's important to re sign key players so a marquee players know there is something to go to... Foran will be gone next year so hopefully we target a good half or five eight