Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The strategy should be to win 1 x grand final by 2023
Make the top 4 every year
Have 35,000 members by 2023
Have the highest merchandise sales of all Sydney clubs
Have the highest sponsorship of all Sydney clubs

Because if this is not the strategy they can go and get fucked

We have no movers and shakers in the board, just some old fogies who are not connected to the corporate world whatsoever
Who is going to bring in the sponsors, the marquee players, make us the biggest club in Sydney like we used to be known as, not a laughing stock
You must’ve been sitting next to Hill on the plane to know he had duty free.

You must’ve also been at recent board meetings to be so tuned into the strategy.

Since you’re so well connected at the club, can you post a copy of the board minutes here so we can all see them and be clued into all the things they’re doing wrong?

Yeah, I didn’t think so...

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My fear is exactly that scenario. Stimson CHN RFM and To'omaga will be stifled and starved of minutes to give Tolman Napa Britt Elliot and Smith more time playing it safe.
Please don't even contemplate that.

Now you've said it out loud, you've completely jinxed the team.

Us baddies aren't allowed to blame Pay so it will be your fault now!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Makes my bench. The RFM and Toomaga afro circus was in great form towards the end of the season. Grow it back :rage: .

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

We have no movers and shakers in the board, just some old fogies who are not connected to the corporate world whatsoever
Who is going to bring in the sponsors, the marquee players, make us the biggest club in Sydney like we used to be known as, not a laughing stock
That’s all great in theory.
Pity executing that is harder than typing it.

They are competing against not only other RL clubs, but local soccer and AFL teams (Wanderers/Giants) who didn’t exist 10 years ago, who have strong following and fight equally for a share of the purse. Add to that a changing population in diversity and younger people that don’t have RL as their highest priority. Same as cricket. Remember 20 years ago every one-day match was a sell-out. Watching the T20’s earlier this week was embarrassing - an entertaining format, some of the best players in the world (eg: Steve Smith) - and the Gabba was empty. People do different things these days - including Netflix, which is a competitor believe it or not.

Western Sydney is growing massively - the new airport and growth around Parramatta/Westmead are but two opportunities to get young families to want to settle in the area and that means young players, supporters, members, merch sales and sponsors - with brand awareness. This is all being worked on - but it doesn’t happen overnight.

Why do you think KIA moved on? Not because the club is a ‘laughing stock’ - but because their data tells them where they need to target sales and their mission was complete in Western Sydney, so Brisbane is their next target market - voila - sponsor the Ponies. Long gone are the days where sponsorships were just brand awareness paid for by the marketing department. It’s data driven - and if they achieve early or don’t achieve the results they move on. That’s not the clubs fault.

I’ve served on 2 boards before (not in sport - different industries) - and I think you’ll find it’s a lot more complex than just creating a deck that says ‘We’ll do this’.

Fee free to suggest the ‘movers and shakers’ you think could make a difference. I’m all about continuous improvement - my business would eventually flounder if I wasn’t - but it’s not easy and you can’t win overnight.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Then we will have Lewis/Cogger in the halves, DWZ at fullback and JMK at hooker...There's no real creative spark there so we need some forwards that can spark something and not just your stereotypical hard-worker types.
There's creative spark amongst all four of players that you mentioned.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking sweet.. just need him to get regular game time an kill it :grinning: !!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, after your reply, I feel like our only option now is to relocate the mighty bulldogs to another market, your comments are certainly the best advertisement for this.
Oh the barriers of entry now are so constricted in the Sydney market, be it for sponsorship,or merchandising or increasing members, what about the bulldogs brand awareness.( the media take good care of this for us)

You are forgetting one thing.
We are the mighty bulldogs, our supporter base is second to none, we are passionate, a little crazy ( suffer from a bit of madness as deano puts it) and certainly possess a " siege mentality".
No other supporter, supports like we do, celebrate and party like we do, in fact there is no other fan in the Sydney that will spend as much money on merchandising like we do.
The existing client base is there already,you need to get them engaged again, to go to the games, to buy memberships, the merchandising and get them back to the league's club.

What is missing Is a winning footy team, and a winning culture.

So spend the frickin money on latrell, spend the frickin money on fafita and JWz , thompson radradra, milford whomever get some of these marquees here as soon as we can with our " dud" chest ( war chest)

It will create excitement, anticipation, the dogs are back and you will wake the long suffering sleeping giant ....the dogs supporter!!!

The money you spend on these guys the marqees is a pittance compared to the millions the club will make from them.

I can promise you the rest will take care of itself.

You will get your bums on seats, increase members to 30k at least , you will get sponsors, and certainly the merchandising will go through the roof
The league's club will start thriving again like the good old days..

What have we got to lose?

As the old saying goes you got to spend money to make money..

Fairdinkum the current board are looking at our dud chest like it's a super fund, using the minimal risk option....someone wake them up
Spend the farkin money !!

In respect to some movers and shakers, on the board, john ribot, David Smith , Gerry Harvey , Phil gould
That’s all great in theory.
Pity executing that is harder than typing it.

They are competing against not only other RL clubs, but local soccer and AFL teams (Wanderers/Giants) who didn’t exist 10 years ago, who have strong following and fight equally for a share of the purse. Add to that a changing population in diversity and younger people that don’t have RL as their highest priority. Same as cricket. Remember 20 years ago every one-day match was a sell-out. Watching the T20’s earlier this week was embarrassing - an entertaining format, some of the best players in the world (eg: Steve Smith) - and the Gabba was empty. People do different things these days - including Netflix, which is a competitor believe it or not.

Western Sydney is growing massively - the new airport and growth around Parramatta/Westmead are but two opportunities to get young families to want to settle in the area and that means young players, supporters, members, merch sales and sponsors - with brand awareness. This is all being worked on - but it doesn’t happen overnight.

Why do you think KIA moved on? Not because the club is a ‘laughing stock’ - but because their data tells them where they need to target sales and their mission was complete in Western Sydney, so Brisbane is their next target market - voila - sponsor the Ponies. Long gone are the days where sponsorships were just brand awareness paid for by the marketing department. It’s data driven - and if they achieve early or don’t achieve the results they move on. That’s not the clubs fault.

I’ve served on 2 boards before (not in sport - different industries) - and I think you’ll find it’s a lot more complex than just creating a deck that says ‘We’ll do this’.

Fee free to suggest the ‘movers and shakers’ you think could make a difference. I’m all about continuous improvement - my business would eventually flounder if I wasn’t - but it’s not easy and you can’t win overnight.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In respect to some movers and shakers, on the board, john ribot, David Smith , Gerry Harvey , Phil gould
This is fairytale stuff thinking any of them will come to the board! Gould would be the only one being a remote possibility and he would want everything his way plus you banged out your Raelene Castle like request of things you want the club to achieve by 2023 and Gould didn’t come within a bulls roar of achieving that at Penrith!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one has the balls to ask them, that's our problem or sell our brand or vision to them.

So now you are also comparing the bulldogs to the Panthers.

You just don't get it ,about what it means to be a bulldog you just don't get it.

I would never hire people with your line of thinking, you would never reach the top in anything you do, or strive to be the best or a market leader, or try and break new ground.

Remember when there was talk amongst some supporters about des Hasler being our coach . .he will never leave manly, no way , no chance...they said .
Then someone said , has anyone asked the question....and toddy greenberg asked the question and acheived the unthinkable .....

You would just sit behind your desk and already make the conclusion without actually doing anything or using your persuasive skills to achieve like no other has achieved before.

Just accept what is infront of you, because it just simply cannot be done

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to keep on board but fcuk me it's time this kids balls drop full-time.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You still didn’t explain your strategy . Those are goals

What strategies will you use to achieve those goals and how Will you implement them
A strategy is not a list of items , it’s a detailed plan

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one has the balls to ask them, that's our problem or sell our brand or vision to them.

So now you are also comparing the bulldogs to the Panthers.

You just don't get it ,about what it means to be a bulldog you just don't get it.

I would never hire people with your line of thinking, you would never reach the top in anything you do, or strive to be the best or a market leader, or try and break new ground.

Remember when there was talk amongst some supporters about des Hasler being our coach . .he will never leave manly, no way , no chance...they said .
Then someone said , has anyone asked the question....and toddy greenberg asked the question and acheived the unthinkable .....

You would just sit behind your desk and already make the conclusion without actually doing anything or using your persuasive skills to achieve like no other has achieved before.

Just accept what is infront of you, because it just simply cannot be done
Send your list of candidates a email a see the response I’m sure they’ll be knocking the door down to get on the board! It’s all well and good to randomly make a bunch of people it’s another thing thinking they are even interested which I highly doubt.

I’m not comparing the Bulldogs to Penrith at all I was saying that Gould came no where near achieving your list of demands you want by 2023 at the Penrith so why did you expect him to achieve it here?

I’m glad you wouldn’t hire me because you’d be the last person I’d want to work for. You come out with all these flash statements and goals with no plan or substance to achieve them. You’d get on well with Realene Castle.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not for me to do.
Like you I'm a shareholder,what is my return on my investment.
They say be patient,be patient for what.
What is the blueprint for success.
Or we just going to live off the excuses of the previous board.
Send your list of candidates a email a see the response I’m sure they’ll be knocking the door down to get on the board! It’s all well and good to randomly make a bunch of people it’s another thing thinking they are even interested which I highly doubt.

I’m not comparing the Bulldogs to Penrith at all I was saying that Gould came no where near achieving your list of demands you want by 2023 at the Penrith so why did you expect him to achieve it here?

I’m glad you wouldn’t hire me because you’d be the last person I’d want to work for. You come out with all these flash statements and goals with no plan or substance to achieve them. You’d get on well with Realene Castle.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like you thanks for correcting me.
Your hired !!
You still didn’t explain your strategy . Those are goals

What strategies will you use to achieve those goals and how Will you implement them
A strategy is not a list of items , it’s a detailed plan

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not for me to do.
Like you I'm a shareholder,what is my return on my investment.
They say be patient,be patient for what.
What is the blueprint for success.
Or we just going to live off the excuses of the previous board.
You’re not a shareholder you’re a supporter big difference. If you’re supporting to club only to get something in return then following sport isn’t your thing. As for your blueprint that gets kept in house do you remember what happened last time it became public? The famous 2 premierships before 2019 it was embarrassing. The club would definitely have goals we don’t need to know them.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the constitution, the football club is owned by its members, that is of course if you are a member
You’re not a shareholder you’re a supporter big difference. If you’re supporting to club only to get something in return then following sport isn’t your thing. As for your blueprint that gets kept in house do you remember what happened last time it became public? The famous 2 premierships before 2019 it was embarrassing. The club would definitely have goals we don’t need to know them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check the constitution, the football club is owned by its members, that is of course if you are a member
Yes that still doesn’t make you a shareholder that needs a return on your investment. You’re a member that votes every 2 years just like me and many others.