RENOUF ATONI 27 MINUTES

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I can’t see how Bellamy would want these forwards... fark he is good at unearthing talent but ....we hitting the 11 week mark... we need some changes...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
According to League Live

Atoni 30 mins 11 runs 122 metres 16 tackles (1 miss)

Papalli 30 mins 11 runs 100 metres 20 tackles (no missed)

Waddle 53 mins 10 runs 82 metres 38 tackles (1 miss)

Going by those stats Atoni should have more minutes, as he holds his own by comparison to his opposition and certainly against Waddle's. If Atoni not injured, this is not acceptable from a fg coach.

There has got to be something wrong or some issue with Renouf or Barrett is a very poor judge.

I still have the realisation that it is what it is for us atm, and also that ALL the excuses are valid.

Next year is Baz' true test, BUT Barrett can def do better with motivation, bench rotation and getting better performances out of the guys who do have skill and a footy brain now.

The rest of them? ...do yourself a favour Trent and start making those players accountable. Your reputation, and the club's, is on the line. Weed out the dissenters, loosers, unskilled over the next few weeks.

Bring up 2 or so Mounties at a time to work their way into the team for experience.

Admin get rid of those leaving this year asap. Maybe to SL to free up some Top 30 if anyone decent becomes available. Tell some they will be playing Mounties for the rest of the year so have a lot less chance of getting a contract elsewhere...that may encourage their managers to find them a spot elsewhere.

Trent its looking like its you or them mate. Time to get proactive in the small things you can do to affect change and your team's outcomes.

#Still our team
#we support them no matter what but OMG.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
According to League Live

Atoni 30 mins 11 runs 122 metres 16 tackles (1 miss)

Papalli 30 mins 11 runs 100 metres 20 tackles (no missed)

Waddle 53 mins 10 runs 82 metres 38 tackles (1 miss)

Going by those stats Atoni should have more minutes, as he holds his own by comparison to his opposition and certainly against Waddle's. If Atoni not injured, this is not acceptable from a fg coach.

There has got to be something wrong or some issue with Renouf or Barrett is a very poor judge.

I still have the realisation that it is what it is for us atm, and also that ALL the excuses are valid.

Next year is Baz' true test, BUT Barrett can def do better with motivation, bench rotation and getting better performances out of the guys who do have skill and a footy brain now.

The rest of them? ...do yourself a favour Trent and start making those players accountable. Your reputation, and the club's, is on the line. Weed out the dissenters, loosers, unskilled over the next few weeks.

Bring up 2 or so Mounties at a time to work their way into the team for experience.

Admin get rid of those leaving this year asap. Maybe to SL to free up some Top 30 if anyone decent becomes available. Tell some they will be playing Mounties for the rest of the year so have a lot less chance of getting a contract elsewhere...that may encourage their managers to find them a spot elsewhere.

Trent its looking like its you or them mate. Time to get proactive in the small things you can do to affect change and your team's outcomes.

#Still our team
#we support them no matter what but OMG.
@wendog spot on. I dont understand the people on here that repeatably say that stats don’t count. When you get a player that consistently gets better stats than others or that you can visually see that they are playing better than others and yet get less minutes. I know we don’t have the full story as to why he drops some players but my biggest concern is that he does not play the favouritism game! I watched the game again this morning and still cannot get over how he left Elliott on!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@wendog spot on. I dont understand the people on here that repeatably say that stats don’t count. When you get a player that consistently gets better stats than others or that you can visually see that they are playing better than others and yet get less minutes. I know we don’t have the full story as to why he drops some players but my biggest concern is that he does not play the favouritism game! I watched the game again this morning and still cannot get over how he left Elliott on!
Coach is starting to use up all the brownie points allocated to a new coach. The honeymoon's over and he is rightly being heavily scrutinized now.

There are player decisions that dont stack up re: Atoni V Waddle and Elliott. When a guy is trying too hard and messing up, or mistake riddled during a game, a good coach doesnt just let him stay on. Adam even went off injured, so someone else could have got more minutes while Baz had a talk to him on the 2 way or came down to the sideline to slap him around lol.

Looks like our new coach is just as blinded by the non-performers and unjustified favourites, our past 2 coaches fell on their swords for :(

Last edited:

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Coach is starting to use up all the brownie points allocated to a new coach. The honeymoon's over and he is rightly being heavily scrutinized now.

There are player decisions that dont stack up re: Atoni V Waddle and Elliott. When a guy is trying too hard and messing up, or mistake riddled during a game, a good coach doesnt just let him stay on. Adam even went off injured, so someone else could have got more minutes while Baz had a talk to him on the 2 way or came down to the sideline to slap him around lol.

Looks like our new coach is just as blinded by the non-performers and unjustified favourites, our past 2 coaches fell on their swords for :(
I like TB but he needs to show our club that his number one priority is for our team to win games and doing what ever it takes to get us there. I hope he is not going to adapt a selfish approach to our games by selecting the non-performing players (that he bought) each week just to try and save face! We all make mistakes in life, but it’s how we own it and rectify the problem that really matters!

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need some communique from the club... share something about direction

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh the drama - imagine if there was a logical reason (like there usually is) for the decision to play him for him 27 mins!!!